Coronado Spring Ranchos Remodeled Rooms Open

DfromATX

Thanks for the update!

I ended up reserving a preferred King room which seems to be buildings 1-3 Casita so hopefully we will get lucky and get one of the refurbed rooms since I believe they are working on those now. I would hope in 4 months they would have the majority of the rooms completed in those buildings but who knows.

Well since you're going before me, if you remember, please come back here and let us know how it went.

Rumrunner

I'm so disappointed that WDW has opted for the sterile, soulless look. Indistinguishable from any chain motel at twice the cost. And I'll bet all the families with small kids won't be thrilled with the lack of a tub in the bathroom.
Didn't notice lack of tub until your post. We are booked for next June with a total of six kids in our group. The lack of a tub is a downer.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
Didn't notice lack of tub until your post. We are booked for next June with a total of six kids in our group. The lack of a tub is a downer.
I am curious about this because if you look in the walk through videos the tub still exists but is now is covered with glass, so if this is the case you still have the tub but it will be a a pain to utilize. Check out the video at about 7:00 minutes in:

Rumrunner

I am curious about this because if you look in the walk through videos the tub still exists but is now is covered with glass, so if this is the case you still have the tub but it will be a a pain to utilize. Check out the video at about 7:00 minutes in:

It does look like there is still a tub so that helps our situation. Thanks for the info.

DfromATX

Thanks for posting that video! I like it! I do see why some are complaining that it's plain, but it's clean, new, and spacious. I love all the counter space because we order groceries so all that is going to fit nicely. And yay.... a ceiling fan!

Buzz2001

In the new rooms, some have half tubs and some have walk in showers. If you need a tub, add that to your room requests.

Buzz2001

296mzdi.jpg

2jd2ex2.jpg

durangojim

We just got back from the Four Seasons at Disney and the entrance, closet, and bathroom were all marble and the bedroom was carpet. To me this makes perfect sense and I wish Disney would do the same. Although housekeeping at the Four Seasons was the most amazing I’ve ever experienced (polishing the handles on the doors and cabinets as well as curling my charger cords up in mice little bundles so they don’t become tangled on the nightstand, cmon!)

Hayley In Wonderland

I think the wooden floor is a great idea, especially as WDW are introducing dog friendly resorts. Easy to clean, and will be less likely to set off people's allergies IF dogs are introduced to this resort.

And honestly, the rooms really do not look that bad. The CSR rooms were not disney-fied anyway IMO, especially not comparing them to AoA and the all stars. It suits a moderate hotel well - and as this is the "business" hotel, it suits this resort well :)

DfromATX

I like the new clean look. Yeah, they could have made it a little more homey, I agree, but it's fine. With the way it was before with all the brown, that made me think of the 70's. I actually prefer a not so over-the-top Disney decor like at AofA. We stayed there last trip due to price being so good, but I thought the decor was awful (and yes, I know I'm in the minority on that one).

Hayley In Wonderland

I like the new clean look. Yeah, they could have made it a little more homey, I agree, but it's fine. With the way it was before with all the brown, that made me think of the 70's. I actually prefer a not so over-the-top Disney decor like at AofA. We stayed there last trip due to price being so good, but I thought the decor was awful (and yes, I know I'm in the minority on that one).
It's funny you say that! I'm from the UK and pricing up a holiday to AoA was more expensive than staying at CS!

Hayley In Wonderland

AOA is a bigger room plus CSR has lower rates because of the construction going on, at least from what I could figure
When I booked CSR there was no construction or any planned construction as far as I am aware (I booked May 2016). We were looking to book TLM rooms which I believe are smaller than CSR standard rooms? I also got the QSDP included in the cost for CSR, whereas AoA was £1,000.00 more without the dining plan.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom