Buzz2001

Suite rehab

vy2ofo.jpg

2z81bub.jpg

2v8paae.jpg

xghz5h.jpg

e8wlkm.jpg

DfromATX

Yay! Thanks for posting this! We're booked for June 2018 and I've been trying to find out if rooms would be ready by then. I thought I might be safe picking a "preferred room" but is that not the case?

DfromATX

I like clean, new, and modern. As much as I love Disney, I prefer subtle Disney décor. AofA is horrible to me.

MattnMissouri

We got upgraded from a King to a king Jr Suite in a newly remodeled room. It’s AMAZING!!!

Attachments

• 4AE0F901-A1B6-4328-B241-6DC51C199015.jpeg
    4AE0F901-A1B6-4328-B241-6DC51C199015.jpeg
    89.7 KB · Views: 93
  • 861DB5AF-D9C8-4D73-8941-06A2B3DB1C58.jpeg
    861DB5AF-D9C8-4D73-8941-06A2B3DB1C58.jpeg
    74.6 KB · Views: 88
  • AE5E6AFF-71BB-43D5-9D2B-2E1B5B541A8A.jpeg
    AE5E6AFF-71BB-43D5-9D2B-2E1B5B541A8A.jpeg
    45.8 KB · Views: 81
  • AD373CFF-1B71-41A8-B6DF-663ABE53CF7F.jpeg
    AD373CFF-1B71-41A8-B6DF-663ABE53CF7F.jpeg
    74.2 KB · Views: 86
  • 3EA7D90A-A89A-49E1-99D1-2447F4236D98.jpeg
    3EA7D90A-A89A-49E1-99D1-2447F4236D98.jpeg
    87.7 KB · Views: 88
  • 537F84FE-88CE-4A78-9339-05791AF7347E.jpeg
    537F84FE-88CE-4A78-9339-05791AF7347E.jpeg
    44.6 KB · Views: 85
  • B106EC65-54EA-405B-A723-0AECD57B98E9.jpeg
    B106EC65-54EA-405B-A723-0AECD57B98E9.jpeg
    118.7 KB · Views: 80

durangojim

While the recent room remodels in various resorts have eliminated carpet, none of them have installed wood floors.

The flooring installed is LVT, (luxury vinyl tiles) which are essentially vinyl strips which have a (very convincing) wood-grain pattern that are adhered to the concrete subfloor. These should be easier to clean for Disney, but there are concerns about noise and comfort vs. carpet.
This is one of the reasons why we will probably not stay at the YC again in the future. Typically after we check in from flying to Orlando, I usually like to take of my shoes and make fists with my toes. It really helps me relax, especially after taking out a bunch of German terrorists and jumping off the roof of a skyscraper.

DfromATX

This is one of the reasons why we will probably not stay at the YC again in the future. Typically after we check in from flying to Orlando, I usually like to take of my shoes and make fists with my toes. It really helps me relax, especially after taking out a bunch of German terrorists and jumping off the roof of a skyscraper.

Carpet is so dirty though, especially hotel carpet.

COProgressFan

Carpet is so dirty though, especially hotel carpet.

What if housekeeping actually did a thorough vacuuming every day and they steam cleaned room carpets monthly?

I mean, yes, carpets are more prone to getting dirty but if you maintain and clean them appropriately it shouldn't be a problem. Of course that would cost more.

DfromATX

What if housekeeping actually did a thorough vacuuming every day and they steam cleaned room carpets monthly?

I mean, yes, carpets are more prone to getting dirty but if you maintain and clean them appropriately it shouldn't be a problem. Of course that would cost more.

If they steam cleaned them, that would be great. Maybe they already do that, I don't know. Truthfully, I don't think I've ever been in a hotel that didn't have carpet. I swear I'm not a germaphobe kind of person, but I'm just a little creeped out when I think of the hundreds of thousands of people and what they do in those rooms.

Weather_Lady

Looks like a perfect, sanitary place to perform surgery or prepare cafeteria food (perhaps the theme is now, "Spanish American urgent care clinic"?), but not like a cozy place to spend a vacation. The refurbed rooms are way too cold, gray and boring for my taste, which is unfortunate, as I really loved the last refurb there and this would otherwise have been my family's next choice for a moderate to try - the feature pool alone is a huge draw. (Even the bed scarves, shown in Buzz's photos but not apparently used in the finished rooms, could have gone a long way toward adding some badly-needed color and warmth -- without them, the beds look like they're awaiting hospital patients instead of hotel guests.)

I know it's not a huge deal in the great scheme of things but at Disney, it's themes that sell hotels (at least, it is for my family), and if I'm going to stay somewhere that looks exactly like any bland bargain chain hotel at Disney Springs, then why not actually stay in a bland bargain chain hotel at Disney Springs (for half the price)?

Last edited:

Bisney

I am at Coronado Springs now. Casitas 1-3 is like a war zone but still housing guests. If you’ve booked a preferred king or requested Casitas 1-3 within the next month I would recommend reconsidering. The tower construction isn’t bad but the refurb work is loud and many walkways are blocked making it kind of difficult to get to el centro.

I did just tour one of the refurbed suites, just completed the last few day, next to the convention center and OMG. Absolutely beautiful. No pictures were allowed unfortunately. Completely different look than the refurbed room right next to it. It was absolutely first class.

We will be there in just over a month and we are staying in a preferred room. Does anyone know if this will still be this bad then? I don't think we are going to change, but I'm just trying to figure out what to expect when we get there.

bhg469

Ugh, So cold so sterile.
Exactly! The whole resort is so colorful, and it is so pleasing to the eye. I find it really sad that they seem to choose to not carry the theme into the rooms. Before it was subtle theming inside, a dash of color and felt like it was a reflection of the outside of the buildings. Now it looks more homogenized than a generic hampton inn.

DfromATX

We will be there in just over a month and we are staying in a preferred room. Does anyone know if this will still be this bad then? I don't think we are going to change, but I'm just trying to figure out what to expect when we get there.

I would like to know also. We booked 2 preferred rooms for next June. I'm hoping they'll be finished by then. I've called and asked, but they don't know exactly when.

scarr13311

Really cold and sterile looking, the entrance door looks like a door from a prison. We've stayed at Coronado few years ago and the room was really nice and comfortable. They changed the Pop Century rooms too and same sterile cold feeling when you look at the pictures. Looks like they just took cheap left over odds and ends of furniture and try to make it match. Not sure why Disney chose to go for the cold sterile lack of color modern look but, don't like at all. The only thing that was nice where the pictures on the wall. Sad to see all the magic leaving the resorts.

DfromATX

I was thinking of staying here in February, any idea of what buildings have been completed? Would love a refurbed room. Thanks!

I just tried to find out, but didn't get much info. I did the chat on the Disney website. She told me that they didn't know exactly which rooms have already been renovated, just that they all would be on a rotating cycle. She added that they should all be renovated by June, which is when we go. I know that doesn't answer your question about February though. I didn't feel like she really knew all that much.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
I just tried to find out, but didn't get much info. I did the chat on the Disney website. She told me that they didn't know exactly which rooms have already been renovated, just that they all would be on a rotating cycle. She added that they should all be renovated by June, which is when we go. I know that doesn't answer your question about February though. I didn't feel like she really knew all that much.
Thanks for the update!

I ended up reserving a preferred King room which seems to be buildings 1-3 Casita so hopefully we will get lucky and get one of the refurbed rooms since I believe they are working on those now. I would hope in 4 months they would have the majority of the rooms completed in those buildings but who knows.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom