Coranado Springs Resort help

Dwarful

Ok, so far it looks like we are staying at Coranado Springs Resort. We have pretty much (the last 10-12 trips) stayed at Movies/Pop. So I am clueless on Resort layout and bus transportation. We LOVED the bus service w/all stars and Pop, will we be happy at CS? we are driving down, but don't really want to drive to the parks (esp. MK) unless absolutely needed. SO, what section do we stay at and how are the buses? Thanks!

btw: we'd like to be close to bus pick up/food court etc.

imamouse

Just say NO to the Rancho section - it's too far from everything! Casita is close to the food, but it's a hike across a hot parking lot to the bus stop (#2). Bus stop #1 (which is often the last, not the first stop) is at the front of the resort, and serves the Cabana section. I've stayed in Casita and Cabana - they both have their pros and cons. Ask the CM checking you in to show you what's available on the map, then decide what your priorities are based on the locations.

Upvote 0

Moustronaut

Well... there's lots to know. Fortunately there is lots of info out there.

Couple of sites I can recommend:
http://www.wdwfun.com/cssprings/index.htm
http://www.allearsnet.com/acc/faq_cs.htm

There used to be a great site from Epcotfan but it appears to be offline.
The resort map is here: http://www.allearsnet.com/acc/map_cs.jpg

The resort is broken into three parts, each with different theaming. Each section has their own quiet pool. The three sections are spread out around a large lake. The main building is called El Centro. This is where check in is along with the food court, shops, and sit down restaurant and convention areas.

Casitas is closest to the main building. You can almost walk from your room to the food court entirely under covered walkways from anywhere in Casitas. This about the farthest walk to the main pool.

Ranchos is farthest from the main building but relatively close to the main pool. I personally think this area has the best theaming with its desert southwest atmosphere.

Cabanas rounds out the three. One building (8A) in Cabanas is closest to the main pool but another (9B) is very close to El Centro. I think this is one of the coziest sections with smaller buildings. Probably not any different than Ranchos but just feels cozier to me.

As with most of the other moderates, there are several bus stops spread around the outside of the resort. The four bus stops are spread out amongst the sections. All buses make stops at all the stops. All of the stops are across the parking lots from the buildings. So depending on where your room is, you might have a bit of a hike. From some sections of Cabanas, it's faster to walk through check-in to the El Centro bus stop.

The main pool is probably the best part of the resort. It's themed to look like the ruins of a aztec pyramid. Also has a little nature area just behind the pool. It's a nice place for a quiet walk in the evening.

Have a great trip!!:wave:

Upvote 0

bhg469

The transportation here is better than any other resort. You'll be amazed at how often you'll see the other resorts packing people on a bus and you are in your own seat. They are rarely late for the resort too. i have never had to wait very long for any destination.

Upvote 0

Dwarful

Original Poster
Thanks so much for all the info. LIke I said, we usually stay at values, but this is what they had available and the price was right. So all of the above information is greatly appreciated, I hate going in w/o knowing anything, because it seems like then you get the room furthest away from everything!

Upvote 0

metscool

I had stay there twice. This was when it was when it first open. It was ok and I don't remember it that much. I thought that there was only one bus stop.

Upvote 0

Dwarful

Original Poster
Ok I was looking at some of the above links. On one link it said that to get back to the resort from the parks you go to DTD first and then catch a different bus. Is THAT correct? Or am I reading it wrong? Thanks

Upvote 0

righttrack

Cabanas near the large footbridge is best.

Close to:
El Centro/Busstop
Quiet Pool

A short walk across the bridge to:
Theme Pool
Bar

This is a big, circular resort. You can't be close to everything. If you are close to the large footbridge, on either end, you'll be ok. Walking around is just too long.

Upvote 0

bhg469

Ok I was looking at some of the above links. On one link it said that to get back to the resort from the parks you go to DTD first and then catch a different bus. Is THAT correct? Or am I reading it wrong? Thanks

That is incorrect.

If you are at the main building and lets say you wanted to get to the back of the resort get on the downtown disney bus and ride it to the bus stop closest to your building. It is just to get around CSR if you need that late night plate of market nachos. If you are coming home from the parks its just like any other resort, go to the designated stop outside the park and wait for the nice man or woman in the purple pants.

Upvote 0

Dwarful

Original Poster
Thank you for the clarification. Perhaps I was just reading it wrong. But when I saw that I about flipped! So glad to hear its the same as all the other resorts.

Upvote 0

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
We stayed in the Cabanas (9B) and loved it. Close to the main pool and El Centro. And very close to the bus stop. Usually have stayed at the poly and the Caribbean but now that I've stayed at the Coronado I don't want to stay anywhere else! Plus it did always seem that the buses were really fast DH and I attributed this to the convention center. We thought that they might need to run them faster and on a more consistant basis to to conventioneers back to their sessions.

Upvote 0

Moustronaut

Thanks so much for all the info. LIke I said, we usually stay at values, but this is what they had available and the price was right. So all of the above information is greatly appreciated, I hate going in w/o knowing anything, because it seems like then you get the room furthest away from everything!

Dwarful, I'm not sure which you'ld rather be closer to, the food court or the main pool, but you may want to request Cabanas if you're used to the whimsical atmosphere of the All-Stars and Pop. Cabanas is sorta equal distance from the food court and the main pool. If you don't care about the food court, go for Ranchos or Cabanas.

We've stayed at CSR one time and it was by far our least magical experience at any disney resort. We had a room in the Casitas and just never felt like we were someplace special. The area is themed to be reminiscent of the urban areas of Northern Mexico. We there are some pretty landscaping and some nice fountains, but otherwise it felt like a large pink and orange motel. This is also the section most of the conventioniers stayed in since it's closest to the convention center. So lots of single adults hanging out in walkways talking, or in the quiet pool. Not that there's anything really wrong with that, but we could really FEEL the difference that they weren't staying there to be at the happiest place on earth, they were just there for the convention.

So we're in no hurry to head back to CSR. It was kind of a disappointment since I fell in love with the place the first time I saw the Ranchos section. Just love that desert theme. I have no doubt that if we were staying in Ranchos or Cabanas, we would have had a much different attitude about the place.

Upvote 0

PhilharMagician

As BHG said the bussing will not be a problem. If you were happy with the bussing at Allstars ther you will blown awat by CS.

My room recommendations would be for Castitas bldg 3 or 4. This gets you right in front of bus stop #4 (I believe) and it gets you first on and first off at the resort. You also have a short - medium walk to the main bldg. Each section of CS has their own pools and the pool for the Castitas has 1 on the 2 only lap pools on Disney property (I like to swim).

Don't forget to take evening walks around the resort, because there is not a more beautiful resort at night than CS. We liked to stop at the main building after we come back from the parks at night. Get a Margarita and take a leisurely stroll around the lagoon.

Enjoy!!

Upvote 0
We stayed at CSR a few years ago & loved every minute of it. We stayed in the cabanas. you will enjoy the resort. looks great at night. here is a site i found very useful.. http://coronado_springs.tripod.com/ .

Thanks for the link. I will also be staying at CSR on my next trip 8/31/-9/5. I found that website very informative and the pictures are great! Thanks everyone for your advice. I'm going to call next week and request the Cabanas section.

Upvote 0

disneygirl1

I stayed here about 4 years ago and stayed in the Ranchos. While it is a little bit of a walk to the food court, the main pool and a bus stop was right there.

Upvote 0

Kam

Does anyone know if there is a bus straight to Dolphin Hotel from CSR
I booked a car for a few days and need to collect it from the Dolphin

Upvote 0

CindiFan

Kam: Nope, I don't believe there's a bus directly to Dolphin from CS. You'd have to take the bus to one of the parks & then take the bus from that park to Dolphin. Plan on a fairly lengthy trip time-wise. The other option is to get a taxi to take you over to the Dolphin. Good luck!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom