CoP....?

bearboysnc

Quote "Actually..it would be voted on by the board...not a one man decision..nothing in disney is done by ONE man..."

The board votes on important Financial matters and Policies.

The board does not vote on attractions.

Eisner does have the VETO power to save or remove attractions.

MKCustodial

True, Tenchu. I think they're nuts to get rid of something that has Walt's touch. It's like slapping the man on the face. :brick:

NowInc, what IS your thing with CoP? I've seen you mentioning you don't like, but I really don't know why.

Disney4648

Lets put it this way...I would not send me letter to Pressler about anything WDW but I would send it to Roy Disney or Michael Eisner, why...beuase all pressler would do is throw it away and laugh at it.....:lol:

NowInc

Originally posted by Disney4648
Lets put it this way...I would not send me letter to Pressler about anything WDW but I would send it to Roy Disney or Michael Eisner, why...beuase all pressler would do is throw it away and laugh at it.....:lol:

...as would Eisner and Roy...

When in history has someone sending a letter or a large petition to Disney EVER worked? uhh...never?...right..never..I thought so...

Eisner tends to stay as far away from the parks "buisness" as possible and put a lot of trust into Pressler (Didnt say i LIKE it...just that I know it)...to date he has NEVER Veto'd anything..the only thing he has done was asked them to re-do rides that already replaced classics (Imagination, Alien Encounter)...

Face it...being "Historical" means nothing to them...its all numbers..and CoP doesnt bring them in. The only time it sees a croud is during "the busy seasons"..and thats mostly because people are trying to kill time before their fastpass is due. If it were a popular attraction, they would keep it open year round. I dont care what anyone says, but before they made CoP "seasonal"...it was a total ghost town in that area. Id walk by the attraction and there would be 5 people on the line at a time.

As for why I dislike the ride....thats a whooooooooole other post...

Hyperion93

Original Poster
Well Said NowInc. As a matter of fact, I'm beggining to believe that they really should get rid of it. Meh, I'm hoping they don't, but I wouldn't mind very much if they did.

tinkrbel

IMHO the COP is a living history and to some of us a memorial to the Man. I hope it stays .. actually I dont understand why it bothers anyone that doesnt like it, you dont have to ride it if you dont like it. Since no one has said "its over" then it aint gone yet, I just hate that its going to be closed while I am there, since its something very meaningful to us.

NowInc

Even tho I hate it...it doesnt bug me that its still there...

I could personally think of ways that space could be put to better use, but I dont see Disney spending the cash to do it..so I think its better to keep CoP as opposed to having a vacant lot..Espeically in that end of the park.

Just dont expect me to sign any petition or send any letter to keep it open (as if those things worked anyway).

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
The only thing about it now, is that it is an attraction that can be opened in busy times. If it were closed, given the growing number of examples on Disney parks it would just be another character greet or roped off area allowed to fall into decline until it became a public safety issue. Keep it or announce what is rteplacing it before it closes.

General Grizz

CoP should surely remain...

My reasons have been posted in hundreds of other boards...and I don't think I would convince anyone anymore...I should save my breath... ;) ... for the letters....

NowInc

Originally posted by grizzlyhall
CoP should surely remain...

My reasons have been posted in hundreds of other boards...and I don't think I would convince anyone anymore...I should save my breath... ;) ... for the letters....

LoL..isnt it amazing that even tho me and grizzly have such different views on most of the topics related to WDW...somehow..we get along?

bearboysnc

Quote "When in history has someone sending a letter or a large petition to Disney EVER worked? uhh...never?...right..never..I thought so... "

DL's Great moments with Mr Lincoln is still in place because a local radio station started a letter writing campaign.

quote "Anyone know what they did with those props from the DL show?"

The whole show was packed up and moved to WDW. It was updated a few years ago with some new figures stolen from WoM. So actually you're looking at 2 saved disney attractions :)

I thought the final scene "City of the Future" was in Horizons.

Dwarful

I would hope it would stay...they certainly dont need more shops, and they have taken out some great classics...no one can convince me Ariels grotto is better than any kind of ride! I am sure they could have squeezed Ariel in Toon Town somewhere, but then I do love the classic Disney touches, if I wanted fast coasters and the sort I would go to an "amusement park" not the Most Magical place on earth...I hope it never becomes a glorified Six Flags dont need anymore of those!

Dwarful

Sorry, I also meant to ask if anyone knew what CoP's operation scheduel was?? Just wondering if it will be open during our 10 day visit? Thanks for the info.

bearboysnc

In the DL version of CoP. The last scene only had the husband and wife, and they discussed their children leaving on a plane to visit their grandparents. In the post show you watched a plane depart above the"City of the future"

In the WDW 1.0 version. they added the children to the last scene. In the 2.0 version (1995ish) they added the grandparents and the talking oven. (if i'm not mistaken.)

Also during the 2.0 version, some of the original figures were replaced with newer (WoM) figures for newer technology and better animation and the old ones were just worn out. Poor things were almost 30 years old!

Al

ok, lets put it this way - it will be sad to see it go but just think what could replace it! the possibilities are endless!!!:sohappy:

in my opinion, they will put something good in, because they know how angry people will be if they just put a meet and greet in!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom