COP Dad Missing Left Hand

Bender!

I sure hope this got fixed quickly. Although I'm sure it made the show a little more livelier than it already is...

gustaftp

Does anyone hear ever watch Arrested Development? Reminds me of the plot line where Buster has his hand bit off by a "loose seal" (his mom's name is also Lucille, as is his mom's friend and woman he's dating) and replaced "with that horrible hook for a hand".

acishere

Does anyone hear ever watch Arrested Development? Reminds me of the plot line where Buster has his hand bit off by a "loose seal" (his mom's name is also Lucille, as is his mom's friend and woman he's dating) and replaced "with that horrible hook for a hand".

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Tiv1UP-oHvs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This is actually how the audiomatronic dad reacted to losing his hand behind the scenes when he came alive Westworld style.

Link if embed fails: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tiv1UP-oHvs

wolf359

For the record. If a prominent AA in an attraction is missing a body part...the attraction should go 101 until the issue is resolved. There shouldn't be any "let it go" situation.

I agree, but realistically, it seems the hand was missing on the third, and fixed on the fourth.

When I was there two weeks ago the Carousel looked and sounded better than it had in years, so I'm not convinced they're anywhere near "letting it go."

BigThunderMatt

For the record. If a prominent AA in an attraction is missing a body part...the attraction should go 101 until the issue is resolved. There shouldn't be any "let it go" situation.

Unfortunately, when upper management is breathing down the necks of frontline management about OHRC, there are quite a few "let it go" situations going on.

Unfortunately, when upper management is breathing down the necks of frontline management about OHRC, there are quite a few "let it go" situations going on.

The original poster had posted his message at 6:24pm Sunday.

We heard from the first guest about this issue around 5:20pm. By 5:25 we had already closed the attraction and begun te process of cycling out, which for COP takes almost 30 min.

By 6 maintenance was already inside working on it. By 6:30, it was fixed and we were back open.

blm07

What I mean by "let it go" I meant just for the day, and many times I feel like managers are worried about numbers more than show, so I'd say it's possible.

Yep, that's what I was thinking.

We heard from the first guest about this issue around 5:20pm. By 5:25 we had already closed the attraction and begun te process of cycling out, which for COP takes almost 30 min.

By 6 maintenance was already inside working on it. By 6:30, it was fixed and we were back open.

That's good news!

Monorail Lime

Thank you for clearing that up!

devoy1701

What I mean by "let it go" I meant just for the day, and many times I feel like managers are worried about numbers more than show, so I'd say it's possible.

Yep, that's what I was thinking.

That's good news!

I get what you meant....but it shouldn't ever happen. And 10 years ago it wouldn't have. If a major show element was damaged (ie: missing a hand) the ride would go down until it could be repaired. WDW should not operate rides in that condition.

devoy1701

If this is true that it is definitely good news.

EpcotFanForever

Bravo Eastsider - the facts behind this actually show how hard you all are working. But as you probably know, facts are the bane of boards like this. Accusation and innuendo make for so much better reading.

If it wasn't for all the hard work behind the scenes, Disney would be nothing like it is today. Thank you!

EpcotFanForever

I get what you meant....but it shouldn't ever happen. And 10 years ago it wouldn't have. If a major show element was damaged (ie: missing a hand) the ride would go down until it could be repaired. WDW should not operate rides in that condition.

Sorry to disagree, but about 10 years ago I rode through Spaceship Earth and the hand from the "Walter Winchell" radio guy was laying there next to the microphone, and we just rode on by.

The big difference is there was no board like this for people to get apoplectic.

devoy1701

Sorry to disagree, but about 10 years ago I rode through Spaceship Earth and the hand from the "Walter Winchell" radio guy was laying there next to the microphone, and we just rode on by.

The big difference is there was no board like this for people to get apoplectic.

nevermind.

RunnerEd

Bravo Eastsider - the facts behind this actually show how hard you all are working. But as you probably know, facts are the bane of boards like this. Accusation and innuendo make for so much better reading.

If it wasn't for all the hard work behind the scenes, Disney would be nothing like it is today. Thank you!

Well said, Epcot Fan.

blm07

ap·o·plec·tic/ˌapəˈplektik/Adjective
1. Overcome with anger; extremely indignant.
2. Relating to or denoting apoplexy (stroke): "an apoplectic attack".

Just had to look that up for everyone who doesn't use that word :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom