COP Dad Missing Left Hand

yoyoflamingo

How did you come up with that conclusion? Photography is technically never allowed...the announcement at the beginning had nothing to do with a broken animatronic.

With the discussion of flas photography vs any photography in the CoP. Some say no flash, some say no photography at all. I always thought it was no flash only. Just a thought that was incorrect. My bad.

Well here is hoping it get's fixed, its the kind of thing I would notice and then casually draw attention to myself by speaking to loud about how he has no idea and then try make some joke about how he lent his hand to captain hook so he can feel what it's like to have a real hand...

puntagordabob

Seriously people! I posted this from my phone in the park because I didn't see it here. Then I had something called "real life" intervene. I apologize for having other things to do besides read a forum.

Here is the photo. It isn't the greatest because I was stupid and used digital zoom (which looked okay in the dark on the phone, but not on the computer screen.) Again, I apologize for the quality.
Also, I have now learned how to upload photos and post to forums directly from my iPhone. I just didn't want to take away from time with my family to figure that out yesterday.

Thank you for sharing!!! Sad that they allowed this to be viewed in this fashion...hopefully they caught this and quickly fixed the situation...

MissM

Just got in the door from a trip over this evening. Made a specific point to ride COP and I'm happy to say John had both hands. I repeat: the hand is fixed. :sohappy:

:lol:

MerlinTheGoat

Good to hear he's fixed. Sounds like it was possibly just a bolt that got loose. Perhaps nothing broke, just came apart and needed to be screwed back in or something.:animwink:

jhastings74

That was left over from the Home Improvement overlay...

Maybe he had to lend someone a hand.

That was intentional. That's part of the new ending where Grandma and Dad get into a lightsaber duel.

His recipe apparently has gained an ingredient.

omg, you mean, he's a robot???

that's a poor show. get his hand back on, stat! he's going to lose vital fluids! lol he might do an abe lincoln and keel over backwards.

:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

All of these previous comments made me laugh out loud and lose a few 'serious' face points at work...but was totally worth it! Love the humor, guys!

And to the OP: great capture. Some of us are more patient than others and can wait for photos if need be.

blm07

The CMs probably knew about it, but it's possible the managers said let it go. If the CMs didn't know about it, then someone should mention it, and they might cycle everyone out of the attraction. If it was a really busy day, most likely the managers would just let it go.

sublimesting

The new Ginsu knife cuts through brick, metal and animatronics!

So, you know how insurance has monetary values on body parts; I wonder what value animatronic parts have as far as when you would shut down a show. Obviously losing a hand won't do it. How about an enitre arm or an eye, or a leg? Certainly a head I would think.....

PalisadesPkteer

First of all Thank you to the OP. Do not let a few "bad" apples to discourage you. Myself and others on this site are very grateful you noticed it, took a photo and reported it here on the site with the photo.

Really nice to hear that it was fixed. COP is my favorite attraction.

With other things (Yeti, etc.) not being fixed or not completely being fixed at WDW, I was wondering if this would be addressed and fixed or not

nelsonj3

Original Poster
Must have been an emergency surgery! It seems like it was successful!

Just got in the door from a trip over this evening. Made a specific point to ride COP and I'm happy to say John had both hands. I repeat: the hand is fixed. :sohappy:

:lol:

devoy1701

The CMs probably knew about it, but it's possible the managers said let it go. If the CMs didn't know about it, then someone should mention it, and they might cycle everyone out of the attraction. If it was a really busy day, most likely the managers would just let it go.

For the record. If a prominent AA in an attraction is missing a body part...the attraction should go 101 until the issue is resolved. There shouldn't be any "let it go" situation.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom