CoP - All alone

French Quarter

I don't understand not liking it. I have not missed it since my parents first took me 43 years ago. Now I bring my three children on it every time. They love it and appreciate it. I told them that Walt Disney made it and loved it. I like being reminded of how far we've come and I think for kids to be able to see what the past was like is really cool. Plus we love to break out into the song spontaneously just for fun.

It is one of my absolute favourites. I can understand why some people don't like it though. It just depends what you are into. Some people prefer newer, more face-paced attractions. CoP, though, is exactly the type of attraction that I just love. My whole family does. And we always sing proudly along.

French Quarter

if I get called out for flash photography, I'll just blame the invisible person behind me. :rolleyes:
otherwise, it would be kind of neat.

i-didnt-do-it-bart-simpson.jpg

French Quarter

That's a lot of progress for someone to absorb alone. Maybe if it was just me & a friend, so the progress would be distributed 50/50. But to be the only person in the theater facing a full onslaught of progress...not sure if the brain could handle it in one sitting.

But regardless, I'd still love to try it!

You're right...it's a whole carousel worth of progress. Woah!

While I was visiting a couple weeks ago, I got on CoP in the middle of the day and was the only person in the auditorium. Is it that unpopular? I understand it's dated and not very exciting, but it's... well, not a favorite, really, but a ride I HAVE to go on every time I go. On the plus side, I was singing along loud and proud with Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow without anyone to judge my singing abilities!

Oh Man you are lucky! I was there last weekend and it was almost a full show! both times that I went on it. I would love to do a private showing of CoP. I am there every other weekend it seems and have not unlocked that accomplishment yet!

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
I'd rather it stay empty until Disney does the biggest update this attraction has ever seen.. Tech-wise. It is neglected. VERY much. It is embarrassing to take people on this and say "this thing is VERY important to the history of Walt Disney" and then getting off and hearing my friends say "that was awful and old."

It's a great show. But not in the neglected shape it is in. Ship it back to California where it'll at least be appreciated by the theme park staff.

TB4244

That is lucky, I love CoP and I would love a theatre to myself, well I suppose I should let Mrs TB4244 come with me too! I hate people talking through it, which I have encountered on past trips, so there's no chance of that happening if you're alone.
I do agree that the retro 90's last scene needs some attention, unless carphones and laserdiscs come back into fashion of course...

JiminyandTink

Just out of curiosity, are there ovens today that will respond to voice commands??

Didn't the CoP teach you the dangers of ovens that respond to voice command! I've heard when WDW finally updates the final scene in CoP, the ovens will have become self-aware and have taken over the world. In the year 2055, it's now humans who cook for them!

French Quarter

I don't think the content needs to upgraded. I don't think that was the intention of the show. I think it was to show people way back when what the future would be like. I see it as a museum piece that we can watch and see how they saw the future. I think if we want to imagine the future from this point forward, we could have a different attraction. Know what I mean?

Monorail_Red_77

I'm afraid that given today's Disney Management. if COP were to go down for "refurbishment" it would not come back out of refurbishment. Lest we forget 20000 leagues, River Country. Need I say more.
I think that all the ending scene needs is a simple sentence like in all the other scenes.
Like maybe, "Oh, what year is it. Somewhere in the 1990s' and boy how things have changed over the years." then they could continue on with the rest of the scene.

Point is. The way technology works, the last scene will never be up-to-date. Things are always changing. But they do need to maybe put it into contexts so that the guests do not think it is supposed to reflect "today" and therefor is out of date.

Boom.
Drops mic.
Logs off thread.

LOL :hilarious:

DisneyFans4Life

I'm afraid that given today's Disney Management. if COP were to go down for "refurbishment" it would not come back out of refurbishment. Lest we forget 20000 leagues, River Country. Need I say more.
I think that all the ending scene needs is a simple sentence like in all the other scenes.
Like maybe, "Oh, what year is it. Somewhere in the 1990s' and boy how things have changed over the years." then they could continue on with the rest of the scene.

Point is. The way technology works, the last scene will never be up-to-date. Things are always changing. But they do need to maybe put it into contexts so that the guests do not think it is supposed to reflect "today" and therefor is out of date.

Boom.
Drops mic.
Logs off thread.

LOL :hilarious:
That made me LOL. For me personally, I'd love for the last scene to be updated. You have to think that back in the 70s and early 80s when people saw that last scene...they had to think how cool the "future" is. I think the current generation should be able to have that as well. Do something with holograms lol...like bring back the "other" daughter that apparently left the family for some unknown reason.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom