CoP alive and well

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Hey folks, figured i'd type this out before i head into the parks today. I figued it'd mke some of you smile.

Excuse the bad typing, on a friend's UK laptop at the Beach Club.

Anywho, the Carousel of Progress was busy all day yesterday 7/3/06 at MK.

The busiest, was the show i got into after the fireworks. The fireworks were mirror image launching from both behin the castle and the trainstation as well as lots of perimeter.. but i digress...

The show loaded from both side holding areas and filled the theater. I don't mean a few empty seats in a back row ull, but rather 2 empty seats in the whole thing sitting uncomfortably next to a large fat guy type full. The CM said it was the largest group he had seen in the theater ever.

I wanted to get a pic, but the show started and there were too many people i didn't want to annoy with the flash.

Anywho, we went through, no one got up and left :)

Even if my show was the biggest at like 10pm-ish, it was busy all day, using atleast the entire first pocket area.

To throw in some other news.. MK was packed in the evening, lots of folks planned to stick it out till the 4am closing. I gave up at midnight, after 2 rides on Pirates. I think it was gonna stay open for EMH, but can't be sure.

They only had 1 section of MK's lot not used by the evening. Epcot stuck to its main sections, though today it should be packed. Everyone at MK was planning for Epcot today. Epcot was quiet yesterday, like a normal day.

Oh, Living Seas exterior toward the monorail station and front of the park (technically backstage) is seeing some work, as sections are being taken off and the wood is exposed. It seems like they're doing overall refurb of the building, not just the ride itself.

My partner in crime has to work today (foo!!) so i'll be popping in from short trips to Epot and mybe MGM (both in walking distance) with some updates if i find anything. Happy 4th of July.

prberk

Thanks Mousermerf! My AP runs out on July 28, and my brother and his wife will be there all next week. I am becoming VERY tempted to get on I-95 sometime in the next two weeks....

And you didn't help stop my temptation!

Paul

rbrower

I am glad to see that COP is getting busy. It is surely an oldie but a goodie!

Just a question; are they still having the Buzz meet and greets on one side of the deck around COP? If not, maybe I just imagined it.

gatordoc

Glad to hear it. I wish they'd bring back "Now Is The Time", though... One of my two favorite Disney park songs (along with "If You Had Wings").

LudwigVonDrake

gatordoc said:
Glad to hear it. I wish they'd bring back "Now Is The Time", though... One of my two favorite Disney park songs (along with "If You Had Wings").

BLASPHEMY! :D "There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow" is a superior song!!! :)

MissM

rbrower said:
Just a question; are they still having the Buzz meet and greets on one side of the deck around COP? If not, maybe I just imagined it.
Nope, you didn't imagine it. I reported it on my June 10th visit here. Unfortunately, I can't comment if they're still doing it since I haven't been back since my June 10th visit. (I'm on seasonal AP blackout right now.)
-m

DreamFlight911

maggiegrace1 said:
Thanks ..
I love Carousel Of Progress....
I do love "The Best Time of Your Life"..just a little better though..
:)

me to thats the version i grew up on not the current version with tributes to the 1964 worlds fair

dxwwf3

I also would prefer Now Is The Time, but I don't care what they sing as long as the attraction is still there.

Expo_Seeker40

"Now is the Time" used much more of the original 1964 script and contained the optimism of the 1964 version. It also had that theatrical and lively presence that the current 1994 version wishes it has...hardly a tribute to the original version except through its dry and modern version of "there's a great big beautiful tomorrow".

Anyways glad to see the CoP getting the crowds. :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom