Cool secrets/favorite things in Adventurer's Club?

Goofy23

Original Poster
Since I'm not a "clubber," my favorite place at Pleasure Island is the Adventurer's Club. Anyone know any secrets or have any favorite things that the average person may miss there? I've been there a few times, but I feel like I've missed some things that would make for a better experience. Any suggestions?

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
*word*

I totally agree. Without laughs, I wouldn't set foot in PI... not that I go there a lot to begin with

Jerm

General Grizz said:
Is it true that there are Kitchen Kabaret or Food Rocks memorabilia on display??

Not in AC as of July. CW may have some but I didn't make it in to the show last time.

J

Lee

Adventurer
Just to chime in...

The Adventurer's Club is the greatest single place on the face of the Earth.
Simple as that. :sohappy:

Now then...continue....

Chernabog

Not that this is actually in the Adventurer's club, but it is a reference to it. The fastpass machines at Jungle cruise in the magic kingdom are packages and suitcases and such and guess who owns them... the characters at the adventurer's club! they all have one. Next time you go, check it out. I love that they tied it in.

mom_rules

Actually so did my son, now that you mention it.

Guys-Wear a loud flowered shirt and a ball cap (esp if you have
a moustache)-The ladies love their Magnum P.I.!

Kadee

I've never been to either AC or CW (or even PI, for that matter), but I think after hearing all the great things, I may just have to go. I'm not a drinker (one drink every once in a while), so that is why I've never been. But I LOVE comedy so the CW is a definite for next trip.

RPMdfw

My favorite thing about the Adventurers Club? That's easy. The amazing cast of performers. They are absolutely brilliant. My second favorite is the great staff (the door hosts, the bartenders and waitstaff). They're just as fantastic as the cast.

Now, the Secrets . . . Nah. If I told you I'd have to kill you . . . . :D

Speaking of the AC. Did anyone else notice the one-page treatment it got in the latest Disney Magazine? It features one of our favorite performers as Pamelia Perkins, and if you mention it to her when she's playing that character she goes off on how if there's a Disney Magazine maybe she should start the Perkins Pamphlet. VERY funny.

Empress Room

RPMdfw said:
My favorite thing about the Adventurers Club? That's easy. The amazing cast of performers. They are absolutely brilliant. My second favorite is the great staff (the door hosts, the bartenders and waitstaff). They're just as fantastic as the cast.

Now, the Secrets . . . Nah. If I told you I'd have to kill you . . . . :D

Speaking of the AC. Did anyone else notice the one-page treatment it got in the latest Disney Magazine? It features one of our favorite performers as Pamelia Perkins, and if you mention it to her when she's playing that character she goes off on how if there's a Disney Magazine maybe she should start the Perkins Pamphlet. VERY funny.

I agree totally; however, the cast of characters has changed over the years and, you must admit, some people play certain characters better than others. The last time I visited AC, for example, the Perkins character was not as well played as the Perkins character of 3 or 4 years ago. I know it's unrealistic to think that people will play these characters indefinitely, but much of the experience at AC is dependent upon who you see playing which character, don't you think?

RPMdfw

Empress Room said:
I know it's unrealistic to think that people will play these characters indefinitely, but much of the experience at AC is dependent upon who you see playing which character, don't you think?

Absolutely! We definitely have our favorites and then there are a couple that when we see them, we sort of cringe a little bit. Then we get over our misgivings and join in the fun. I'm not going to let my night be ruined because one of the roles isn't being as played well as I've seen in the past. Plus I have the luxury of knowing we'll be back in a week or less. So I'm more likely to see my favorites again soon.

On the "things that enhance the AC experience" list, I've definitely got to say that one of the most fun nights we spent there recently was my birthday when I wore the "It's my birthday" button from the Magic Kingdom. I felt like I was part of every show. I even got a "lap dance" from Pamelia and her feather boa during the "Hard Hearted Hannah" number. Too much fun.

Can you tell that we're totally addicted to the place?

Kungaloosh!

Kadee

RPMdfw said:
...... I even got a "lap dance" from Pamelia and her feather boa during the "Hard Hearted Hannah" number.
Lap Dance? Hmmmmm maybe I WON'T try AC after all. Not exactly my cup of tea.

Empress Room

RPMdfw said:
On the "things that enhance the AC experience" list, I've definitely got to say that one of the most fun nights we spent there recently was my birthday when I wore the "It's my birthday" button from the Magic Kingdom. I felt like I was part of every show. I even got a "lap dance" from Pamelia and her feather boa during the "Hard Hearted Hannah" number. Too much fun.

Can you tell that we're totally addicted to the place?

Kungaloosh!

If it hadn't been for the Unofficial Guide To WDW, I never would have discovered the greatness that is the AC. The Guide specifically "warned" that you had to spend some time there and take it all in before things would start to happen. So many of the uninitiated simply walk to the top of the mezzanine, stare down below for a few minutes, decide that it's just another bar and leave without knowing the pure genius that unfolds there nightly.

By the way, are they still doing the full glass yards of beer there? One of my favorite "drinking games" and last time I checked, only Narcoosee's and AC were the only places left on property to serve the full (not half) yards. Bartender at AC always makes that a fun time. Can't wait til December now.

Empress Room

Kadee said:
Lap Dance? Hmmmmm maybe I WON'T try AC after all. Not exactly my cup of tea.

Not to worry, Kadee. Definitely Disney-rated G/PG-13 entertainment. Not at all the kind of "lap dance" you may be imagining...

RPMdfw

Empress Room said:
Not to worry, Kadee. Definitely Disney-rated G/PG-13 entertainment. Not at all the kind of "lap dance" you may be imagining...

Exactly. Try to picture a "Miss Jane Hathaway" from the Beverly Hillbillies type of a character trying to be a vamp. That's what we're talking about. Very funny, but quite tame. Not that some of the jokes don't get a bit racy from time to time, but I think most of those go over the heads of the kids that are there. (Why people bring children into a bar is beyond me, by the way.)

Sorry if my earlier post gave the wrong impression.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom