Cool new personalized WDW commercial

prberk

Original Poster
Has anyone else seen the new PERSONALIZED video commercial that Disney is sending out? It is waaay cool. They sent it to me as a passholder, and it was a lot of fun. The link in the e-mail doesn't show your name, but they have it if they sent it to you, and it is cool.

If you are an AP holder, check for it in your e-mail.

You can do it here, though, too. Below is a URL like they would have used for "Bob Smith." Copy and paste the following URL into your browser's address bar, and if you "enter" it, you will see the commercial for Bob Smith. To personalize it for yourself, change the word "Bob" (only) to your first name (or your kids' first name) and the word "Smith" to your last name. And then press enter (or "Go" or whatever is on your browser to make it send), and watch the video. Make sure you pay attention to Goofy when he shows up near the end!

[noparse]http://www.sun7news.com/index.php?firstname=Bob&lastname=Smith&celebration=Holidays[/noparse]

And, yes, by the way, the "Sun 7 News" is made up for Disney's marketing team.

Anyhow, isn't that cool????

hardcard

Has anyone else seen the new PERSONALIZED video commercial that Disney is sending out? It is waaay cool. They sent it to me as a passholder, and it was a lot of fun. The link in the e-mail doesn't show your name, but they have it if they sent it to you, and it is cool.

If you are an AP holder, check for it in your e-mail.

You can do it here, though, too. Below is a URL like they would have used for "Bob Smith." Copy and paste the following URL into your browser's address bar, and if you "enter" it, you will see the commercial for Bob Smith. To personalize it for yourself, change the word "Bob" (only) to your first name (or your kids' first name) and the word "Smith" to your last name. And then press enter (or "Go" or whatever is on your browser to make it send), and watch the video. Make sure you pay attention to Goofy when he shows up near the end!

[noparse]http://www.sun7news.com/index.php?firstname=Bob&lastname=Smith&celebration=Holidays[/noparse]

And, yes, by the way, the "Sun 7 News" is made up for Disney's marketing team.

Anyhow, isn't that cool????

Cool? Yes.... Easy to do/accomplish? Yes, very easy.. Not a spectacular technical achievement..

EpcotServo

Cool? Yes.... Easy to do/accomplish? Yes, very easy.. Not a spectacular technical achievement..

Yes.

One side of me is smug and says how dare they stoop to easy Viral Marketing and think I'd be bamboozled into their grip.

Then the other side of me bamboozled, and loves it. So they win this round.
:lol:

prberk

Original Poster

I still think it is cool. And most of the world still can't do this. We are way to smug about technical achievements these days, I think. I tried to be nice and offer it here, especially as an easy way for non-passholders to enjoy it.

I do think that it looks pretty smooth. We have come a long way since Forest Gump!

agent86

And most of the world still can't do this.

Not true. This is actually a pretty worn out gimmick. Showtime used to have one of these for their show, "Dexter", where you'd punch in a person's name and then it would show a video that looked like news footage with that person's name as a murder suspect. It was at least two years ago that I remember first seeing that one, and I've seen many others since then. Most of the others are actually a lot less cumbersome than this one as a matter of fact. Sorry, but Disney is behind the times on this gimmick.

prberk

Original Poster
Well, sorry for sharing. Sorry I bored everyone.

I personally think that the Goofy part at the end is especially cool. I guess somewhere he recorded a long list of names and the website uses the ones it knows. (A hard or unpronounceable one will come out "our special guest".)

Can anyone confirm whether this is how the audio is done? (Especially since, obviously, "everyone" is capable of doing this, and it is so five-minutes-ago. Are we really that jaded? Sigh. Maybe we should just stop going to WDW altogether, since there is no more "wonder" left in the world.)

bgraham34

I rather enjoyed the video. It was fun to view it. I change it and send it to my friends are they are all getting a kick out of it. Now if I could just save it.

agent86

Well, sorry for sharing. Sorry I bored everyone.

I personally think that the Goofy part at the end is especially cool. I guess somewhere he recorded a long list of names and the website uses the ones it knows. (A hard or unpronounceable one will come out "our special guest".)

Can anyone confirm whether this is how the audio is done? (Especially since, obviously, "everyone" is capable of doing this, and it is so five-minutes-ago. Are we really that jaded? Sigh. Maybe we should just stop going to WDW altogether, since there is no more "wonder" left in the world.)

That's a pretty extreme reaction to some honest feedback about this gimmick. You should be more open and realize that not everyone is going to agree with your opinion. You claimed this was something that "most of the world still can't do", and some of us just corrected your information and shared additional insight. There was no need to respond with sarcasm just because you didn't get the reaction you thought you were going to get.

The point I was making was that this is certainly not "cutting edge", which is actually kind of surprising for Disney. They are usually on the forefront of innovation (or at least they used to be). The fact that they are just now using it as a marketing gimmick, when it's already at least a couple of years old, is just kind of embarrassing. That train has left the station already, know what I mean? Additionally, I found it surprising that on other sites where I've seen this, it was super easy to fill it out and send it to your friends. Disney's version is more cumbersome and a lot less user-friendly to set up.

SGT623

HA! I've seen things like this before, but to have one done by Disney...even better Walt Disney World, is very cool! Thanks for sharing it!!

alilance

I thought it was really cool!! My sister sent it to me and I thought it was a blast! My husband liked it too!!! Why are some people so serious on this site?!? I'm not all technically savy or anything, but it was definitely enjoyable! I'm sure any little kid who's parent showed it to them with their name on it would go banannas!!! Cute advertising!

MKCP 1985

Sorry, but Disney is behind the times on this gimmick.

Since it's so easy and Disney is behind the times, would you two like to share your homemade customizable videos with all of us? I'm sure we'd love to see them. :)

oh, and thanks, Paul! I enjoyed that and sent it around to some of my family members who wouldn't have seen it otherwise. :wave:

Einselen

Not true. This is actually a pretty worn out gimmick. Showtime used to have one of these for their show, "Dexter", where you'd punch in a person's name and then it would show a video that looked like news footage with that person's name as a murder suspect. It was at least two years ago that I remember first seeing that one, and I've seen many others since then. Most of the others are actually a lot less cumbersome than this one as a matter of fact. Sorry, but Disney is behind the times on this gimmick.

Dexter was that the person would be the next murder victim. From them being in the age group, working in the industry of the other victims as well as their name written in blood on a wall to a special note found at a crime scene. Even with that one you could put in their cell phone and they would get the text message mentioned in the story.

Is Disney behind? Sure, but is this marketing gimmick working? You betcha! Many people have sent it to me and then those people who they send it to send it to someone else, etc. Viral marketing at its finest.

IDreamOfDisney

I got one from the DVC. I sent it to my kids and they loved it. You all may question the gimmic but the smiles and laughs from my kids made it priceless. Besides... I like my name up in fireworks.

Happy Holidays :xmas:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom