2. No, it fills the former location of If You Had Wings/Delta Dreamflight. Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor occupies the former Timekeeper building.The only fact I can add is that Splash Mountain opened in 1992, and it necessitated making the MK Railroad change to riding thru/over it.
However, I do have a few questions-
1. Does anyone know what year the Buzz Lightyear attraction opened?
2. Is the Buzz Lightyear attraction in the same place as Timekeeper, the one with Robin Williams and Rhea Perlman and the "lean rails" was?
3. Is there any history to the paddle wheel boat in the Splash Mountain "Zip a dee do Dah" scene?
3. I don't know about the Magic Kingdom version, but for the Disneyland, the paddle steamer may have been recycled from America Sings, since that's where most of the Audioanimatronics came from. That's just a guess about the boat, though.