Convert RockNRoller Coaster to Star Wars? I think it's a good idea

Texas84

Yeah, Toy Story Land has messed up the possibility of Star Wars Park. But the Disneyland Hyperspace Mountain overlay would be amazing in RnRC.

But what about the Tower? Easy. Death Star ride with drop into the trash compactor.
(Joking)

Maerj

Rock n' Roller Coaster Starring Skinny Puppy could be the most amazing ride EVER! Look them on You Tube and I'm sure that you'll agree.

Sonconato

And Star Wars isn't old? And guess what - it's popularity faded too. But the name lived on. So will Aerosmith's.

We don't need any more Star Wars junk in DHS than we're going to get. We've already lost the Animation courtyard - you know, the tribute to the art form that actually built and still sustains the Disney company - to George Lucas' stuff. Enough already.
You're 100% correct. Aerosmith started in 1970, Star Wars started in 1977, 7 short years difference. If "getting old" is the reason for getting rid of something, don't forget, Mickey Mouse was created in 1928. I have never ridden RnRC so it's not because it is important to me, but I have ridden Star Tours once back when it first opened and have never been back since. Disney didn't create Star Wars or have anything to do with Aerosmith but this park was originally a combination of Disney & MGM and based on the Movies. IMO, too much of any ONE thing is a very bad idea. Can you imagine Star Wars eventually dying out and an entire park has to be demolished? You can't say it can't happen because Star Trek was once the rage Star Wars is now. Unfortunately, I can say this because I was around for both.

FrankLapidus

Can you imagine Star Wars eventually dying out and an entire park has to be demolished? You can't say it can't happen because Star Trek was once the rage Star Wars is now. Unfortunately, I can say this because I was around for both.

I'll say it: the popularity of Star Wars will never die out. Easy and true.

In fact, I'd be very comfortable saying that Star Wars is only going to grow in popularity.

olie64

I've only been around since 1990 but star wars has always been vastly more popular with my generation then Star Trek I only now about some of Star Trek because of Big Bang Theory and have never seen a single Star Trek show or movie. Star Wars will continue to grow in popularity with the new movies bring in new people to the franchise because the new lead is Rey.

DarthMileZ

Now that makes sense. Thank you.

image.jpg

bakntime

Despite my love of Star Wars, I don't like the idea for R'n'R. SW is getting a whole land, along with Star Tours already being over there, so there's no need for more of it. I wouldn't mind a conversion, but if you're taking out Aerosmith, then you might as well theme it to a movie instead of a musical act. Maybe Fantasia? Villains? Tron? Any of those would work for me.

cookiee_munster

i'm thinking more TRON. a big TRON/Daft Punk mashup.

The outside could look like flynns arcade did in Tron Legacy, it would "sort of match" with the abandoned/weathered look Tower of Terror has next door.

The ride experience could easily have a Tron type makeover (look at test track) and Daft Punk could supply some custom new tracks to go along with the actual ride (cd's sold in the gift shop anyone?)

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
Yeah, Toy Story Land has messed up the possibility of Star Wars Park. But the Disneyland Hyperspace Mountain overlay would be amazing in RnRC.

But what about the Tower? Easy. Death Star ride with drop into the trash compactor.
(Joking)

How did Toy Story Land mess up the chance of a Star Wars park exactly? :confused:

Pixie VaVoom

I think they should theme the whole thing after "Kanye West" !! he is a genius...he said so himself !!

Sorry - it was just lying there waiting to be played...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom