Convert RockNRoller Coaster to Star Wars? I think it's a good idea

Cmdr_Crimson

A Super stretch limo..In a Parking Garage...Launching to a Galaxy Far..Far..Away......
kpTtT.gif

copcarguyp71

Why not a ride where you get to pick your own music? Rock, country, pop, Classic Disney, etc????? The music could come out of speakers by your ears. They could have a catalog of music for each genre and even work with labels to get new music by artists previewed on the ride? Okay the last part might be a stretch but that would be cool and would celebrate the power of music and not just one band. It would be easy to add new music to on a constant basis thus changing the ride.

I am thinking that the mish mosh of noise from different choices for every rider would be distracting and sound jumbled but I would have to hear it for sure before saying yay or nay.

*Q*

I wish they would just do a seasonal overlay with the music like they did for the Force Awakens party.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I am thinking that the mish mosh of noise from different choices for every rider would be distracting and sound jumbled but I would have to hear it for sure before saying yay or nay.
The very same system works very well at Universal. Unless the seat is faulty of course...

FrankLapidus

Not an idea I could get on board with or ever see realistically happening.

They're about to rebuild/expand two thirds of the park, the last thing Disney should and will be doing is messing around with one of its most popular attractions at a time when there really aren't tthat many there in the first place.

And there'll be more than enough Star Wars to enjoy on the opposite side of the park, this overlay just would not be a good thematic fit for this particular area. If Disney do eventually decide on a retheme, I really don't think it will be to Star Wars.

djkidkaz

I don't think it works very well at HRRR. Aerosmith is so perfectly synced because they cut up the songs and used the best verses to make it match with the track layout. HRRR just lets you pick from a handful of songs and it just plays part of the song with no connection to what's happening on the track. Mine as well just have headphones on.

Jon81uk

Don't think it needs it, there will be plenty of Star Wars at DHS.

At Paris there are rumours of RnR being converted to Spiderman, that would work well with a generic New York feel. The Aerosmith pre-show at Paris is very poor. Of course they couldn't use Spiderman at DHS, but the Aerosmith plot works better at DHS' version.

Magenta Panther

Hear me out...

Aerosmith is nice but they're getting old and even their resurgence in popularity is fading and the theming clashes badly with the rest of that area.

So here is what I would do:

I would entirely remove the entrance queue area that feeds into Sunset Blvd as it already doesn't fit with the 1930's era theming....then re-route the traffic out behind the Star Wars Launch Bay area, and make that all part of the Star Wars theming....in reality it is pretty close, however there would be some logistical issues, they may need to build a ramp over food and merchandise staging areas back there. Still, it's Disney and they can do this.

They could make an overlay that can be done in less than a year IMO if they really wanted to push. Then they'd have a 'new' attraction that beats their 5 year timeline for the new Star Wars stuff. A space battle rollercoaster with some custom rebellion spacecraft would get the guests in...add some newest effects instead of cardboard cutout signs....winner.

And Star Wars isn't old? And guess what - it's popularity faded too. But the name lived on. So will Aerosmith's.

We don't need any more Star Wars junk in DHS than we're going to get. We've already lost the Animation courtyard - you know, the tribute to the art form that actually built and still sustains the Disney company - to George Lucas' stuff. Enough already.

captainmoch

I'd say either do a GOTG overlay or just losing the Aerosmith and making it be a choice of any song. That's only if they need to do an overlay, and they don't need to at all at the moment.

FrankLapidus

And Star Wars isn't old? And guess what - it's popularity faded too. But the name lived on. So will Aerosmith's.

Have you been asleep for a really long time or something? You must have been from December onwards to make such a ridiculous claim as Star Wars' popularity has faded in any way.

Or are you just blinded by this misguided belief that Star Wars doesn't belong in a park that its been an integral part of for nearly three decades?

We don't need any more Star Wars junk in DHS than we're going to get. We've already lost the Animation courtyard - you know, the tribute to the art form that actually built and still sustains the Disney company - to George Lucas' stuff. Enough already.

We lost Animation Courtyard, the real Animation Courtyard that was a working tribute to that art form, a long time ago, long before a temporary Star Wars exhibit moved into that space. If you want to blame someone for that then then look at the people who made that decision because the Animation Courtyard we were left with after 2004 was only ever a poor substitute.

wdwfan4ver

And Star Wars isn't old? And guess what - it's popularity faded too.

We all know you hate Franchises that Disney acquires and use them for them park use.

Star Wars: The Force awakens made over 2 billion dollars at the box office World Wide already and that isn't a sign of franchise on the decline on popularity. All you are doing to showing that you are being blinded by your hatred of Star Wars.

Maerj

Also, you can't really compare a rock band to an ongoing franchise. Aerosmith's popularity was some time ago. Most people still know them but at some point they will have to do something with that attraction. They are planning to release a new Star Wars movie every year for a long time, so making an entire land, if not a whole theme park, would make sense.

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
This falls in line with the whole "not everything needs a ride" concept. Not everything needs to be Star Wars just because of it's popularity. If you're going to retheme Rock n Roller Coaster, get a different band to sign on, not give it a brand new theme.

DarthMileZ

Im a massive star wars fan and i say no!

Aerosmith are still at legendary status as a rock band and actually to be fair, the branding is probably even more famous than the band.

i say leave it be... there is plenty of room for star wars as it is.

SCOTLORR

The theme is perfect. The whole G-Force Records thing is brilliant, IMO and the only thing i feel could use a change would be the artist(s) that the concert is for. It would be pretty easy for Disney to just change the story to another band/singer as if they were the one signed by the record company. Aerosmith is awesome, I especially love ending the ride with the speakers blasting "Love on a rollercoaster" (rather than love in an elevator of course). But there's no doubt that they're outdated. I'd love a new pre-show with a different singer/band (Specifically one that will be popular for a while) and then they could just play that band's music throughout the ride and queue. Of course, they'd have to pay for the rights to those songs and the appearance of the new artist but this would be really cool. Now to just figure out who that new band could be...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom