Controversial/ Unpopular theme park opinions

bryanfze55

I do want to visit Disneyland the next time I'm in LA.

I think I'm the opposite of you, though -- I really like Los Angeles (although I'd never want to live there); it's probably my favorite city to visit in the US. It's far more interesting than NYC to me, mostly because of the architecture. It's a unique place; there's really nowhere else in the world that looks like it. There are specific things I really enjoy in NYC (probably more than in LA), but just walking around the city doesn't do much for me. Driving/walking around different parts of LA (well, a ton of it technically isn't LA, but you know what I mean) really interests me because of that unique architecture.

Yeah, Southern California architecture does nothing for me. LA just feels a bit nihilistic and soulless to me. Idk why I feel that way, and I don’t particularly enjoy feeling that way. It’s not an “anti-California” bias.

I far prefer walking around cities like Chicago, Boston, and Philly. However I do prefer the landscapes and natural scenery of California and other Western states. But there’s definitely no right or wrong here, and different perspectives are what makes the world go around.

UNCgolf

Yeah, Southern California architecture does nothing for me. LA just feels a bit nihilistic and soulless to me. Idk why I feel that way, and I don’t particularly enjoy feeling that way. It’s not an “anti-California” bias.

I far prefer walking around cities like Chicago, Boston, and Philly. However I do prefer the landscapes and natural scenery of California and other Western states. But there’s definitely no right or wrong here, and different perspectives are what makes the world go around.

Yep, definitely opposites! The Googie/Art Deco/etc. stuff that remains in LA barely elsewhere and I just love it. I like the historical sites in Boston and Philly but not much else about them interests me.

Chef Mickey

Mission Space is a fantastic ride.

Harry Potter anything is terrible.

‘Ohana is mediocre at best and the whole restaurant is dingy and stinks.

Journey Into Imagination is a fun ride.

All Of EPCOT’s restaurants are slightly overrated.

Character dining is more annoying than fun.

Disney bus transportation does a great job overall.

Club Cooloholic

Ok, swiss family is pretty darn bad. In fact, I think we've always bypassed it and done once with our kids. And the fact that someone is always throwing out prophylactics onto the bed is so disgusting. The fact they changed it Tarzan made it even worse.
I have never seen this, but will look for it, kinda funny.

Club Cooloholic

I do want to visit Disneyland the next time I'm in LA.

I think I'm the opposite of you, though -- I really like Los Angeles (although I'd never want to live there); it's probably my favorite city to visit in the US. It's far more interesting than NYC to me, mostly because of the architecture. It's a unique place; there's really nowhere else in the world that looks like it. There are specific things I really enjoy in NYC (probably more than in LA), but just walking around the city doesn't do much for me. Driving/walking around different parts of LA (well, a ton of it technically isn't LA, but you know what I mean) really interests me because of that unique architecture.
Since you are on this site, you have some Disney fandom in your blood though, and you really should give Disneyland a try. I have never made it the singular goal of a trip. One year we spend a few days there then went to Yosemite, and back down to LA(and Disneyland for more day). Another time we did San Diego, SeaWorld etc, drove through some desert to Palms Springs, then DL and then back to SD.
What is nice is that you can do a lot of the park in just two days because you aren't spending hours on buses as California Adventure is only about 100 yards from DL. We stayed at a HOJOs that was across the street and could walk to the parks in about 15 minutes every morning.

Pepper's Ghost

I disagree. The "Green" side and the "Advanced Training Area" need to be removed completely and replaced with a family friendly omnimover ride. THEN it will be a complete pavilion.

Thrills are great for healthy, non-pregnant adults...but why exclude smaller children? Why exclude people with back or heart conditions? Why exclude pregnant women?

Green side sucks donkey tail anyway.
This kind of ignores the history of the ride. I don't disagree that an omnimover with an outer space theme would have been a neat addition, but you have to consider the original intent and build. The ride was built with no green side. There was just one version of the ride, so if you liked the intensity, you went on. If you didn't, you skipped it. The green side was added after the ride debuted to accommodate those who don't want the intensity of the original ride, but still wanted to go on. To rip out half the ride and redesign the area for an omnimover is just cost prohibitive at this point plus there isn't nearly enough space for it. They're better off building an adjacent or separate ride that's an outer space omnimover.

I have never seen this, but will look for it, kinda funny.
I know others think it's charming, but I've been through it a couple of times. The second time was because I forgot why I never go in, but I didn't make that mistake again. It's just boring. Now granted, I think it depends on your situation. If you have small kids, it's probably a great diversion in the shade to occupy them for a while as you wait for your next FP. If you're an adult couple with no kids... BORING! 🤪

Club Cooloholic

This kind of ignores the history of the ride. I don't disagree that an omnimover with an outer space theme would have been a neat addition, but you have to consider the original intent and build. The ride was built with no green side. There was just one version of the ride, so if you liked the intensity, you went on. If you didn't, you skipped it. The green side was added after the ride debuted to accommodate those who don't want the intensity of the original ride, but still wanted to go on. To rip out half the ride and redesign the area for an omnimover is just cost prohibitive at this point plus there isn't nearly enough space for it. They're better off building an adjacent or separate ride that's an outer space omnimover.

I know others think it's charming, but I've been through it a couple of times. The second time was because I forgot why I never go in, but I didn't make that mistake again. It's just boring. Now granted, I think it depends on your situation. If you have small kids, it's probably a great diversion in the shade to occupy them for a while as you wait for your next FP. If you're an adult couple with no kids... BORING! 🤪
I meant I never saw the uh, personal protection on the bed...anyways I have been through it, I love it as a break from the rest of the park, and my kids like it too.

Pepper's Ghost

While I agree with you about this... I still yearn for Soarin' Over California. lol

bryanfze55

While I agree with you about this... I still yearn for Soarin' Over California. lol

They both have their plus points. I liked the focus on landscapes rather than landmarks in the original. But I hated the lack of transition between scenes. As long as I’m in the middle section, I like SAtW just as well as SoC. The music is amazing in both, as is the pre-ride video.

The selfish person in me just says ask for the middle section and all is fine. The selfless person in me is bothered that 2/3 of the riders at any given time are having a subpar experience... though I’m not sure it bothers the average guest that much. They all clap anyway lol

Club Cooloholic

Oh, gotcha. My bad.

I'm actually happy so many of you like it. It's a great diversion for you while I move on to Pirates and the like. 😁
We also are those goobers who will take the raft to Tom Sawyer's island. Start talking it up, you get folks going there you get them off rides for at least 45 minutes. Which is why I am always surprised there aren't more play areas at the parks, they require minimal maintenance (next to no moving parts) and are a crowd eater for anyone with kids.

ddbowdoin

I've never understood the obsession with the dining plan, especially with all the hoops you have to jump through to get your money's worth.
People like to feel like they’re getting a good deal.

also, it really highlights the absolute horrendous nutrition Americans enjoy.

my wife is normal and there’s no way she would benefit from the meal plans. You see the trays people have for breakfast, the snack, lunch , dinner... it’s glutinous

me on the other hand, agh... I could eat enough food for 13 people at Ohana

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom