Contemporary Garden Wing or Wilderness Lodge

LSUxStitch

Original Poster
If opportunity to stay at either, for around same price, which would you choose?

Garden Wing is the Garden View and Wilderness is the Courtyard View.

GO!

Thanks in advance.

jlsHouston

If opportunity to stay at either, for around same price, which would you choose?

Garden Wing is the Garden View and Wilderness is the Courtyard View.

GO!

Thanks in advance.

What season???? I would choose WL over the Christmas holidays and cold months and I would choose CONT garden wing late spring, summer and early fall.

jlsHouston

Definitely CONT then. The pool at WL is so so and I am a pool person in the heat at WDW. Love the boat ride from WL and love the lobby but I would save WL for a Thanksgiving or Christmas visit.

jlsHouston

I gotta tell you, we just did WL for 7 days and finished at BLT for the last 2 over spring break. It was a great vacation and both resorts are awesome. WL for me is a sanctuary. There is a majesty about the resort and a gives me a feeling of seclusion that no other resort I've stayed does. I love the boat rides as I mentioned, Roaring Forks is a good QS place and I have gotten that ground level hallway for a room location that is basically right around the corner from the front desk on the side of the gift shop and it is a perfect location for me.

BLT was a new experience and while I am not overly thrilled with the dvc studios the more I rent them, I LOVED BLT/CONT. It sings Disney California to me. Memories of the Disneyland Hotel flooded back and we loved the viewing areas and the pool and the restaurants. Loved being on the monorail line too of course. The grounds are nice but it's totally different beauty. Had a beautiful vew of the lake out our 3rd floor window. Staying at CONT is kind of a snappy type experience. Very modern almost sheek with Mickey everywhere. Loved it.

This last trip though really drove home what an EPCOT resort girl I am....specifically BC/YC.

Skibum1970

I gotta tell you, we just did WL for 7 days and finished at BLT for the last 2 over spring break. It was a great vacation and both resorts are awesome. WL for me is a sanctuary. There is a majesty about the resort and a gives me a feeling of seclusion that no other resort I've stayed does. I love the boat rides as I mentioned, Roaring Forks is a good QS place and I have gotten that ground level hallway for a room location that is basically right around the corner from the front desk on the side of the gift shop and it is a perfect location for me.

BLT was a new experience and while I am not overly thrilled with the dvc studios the more I rent them, I LOVED BLT/CONT. It sings Disney California to me. Memories of the Disneyland Hotel flooded back and we loved the viewing areas and the pool and the restaurants. Loved being on the monorail line too of course. The grounds are nice but it's totally different beauty. Had a beautiful vew of the lake out our 3rd floor window. Staying at CONT is kind of a snappy type experience. Very modern almost sheek with Mickey everywhere. Loved it.

This last trip though really drove home what an EPCOT resort girl I am....specifically BC/YC.

WL is my favorite, hands down. I love the peacefulness of staying there. However, Contempo really screams old school WDW as it was featured for so long as the symbol of the resort.

jlsHouston

WL is my favorite, hands down. I love the peacefulness of staying there. However, Contempo really screams old school WDW as it was featured for so long as the symbol of the resort.

I am with you here. WL is probably my fav over CONT.

You know I think I have loved every resort I have stayed at on property at Disney. Even CBR, which was my least fav, now looking back I can remember stuff I really liked about that resort enough where I would stay again. These resorts are fantastic properties and I honestly stay shocked about the occupancy figures. I guess WDW has really priced themselves to the point where alot of people just cannot afford a WDW trip if staying on property and that is sad, not that there aren't great options for off site, just on site, you know the bubble so to speak is so unique of an experience.....

rob0519

We've never stayed at WL, so I can't speak to that. We stayed in the Garden Wing-Lake View a number of years ago and loved it. The only down side is you have to walk to the main building, throught the lobby and up the elevators to the fourth floor for either the Contempo Cafe, shopping, sundries store or the monorail. If you are at the far end of the garden wing that can be quite a walk.

HouCuseChickie

Definitely the Contemporary. In fact, we've stayed in the garden wing and loved it. Everyone has their own opinions on the walk, but we didn't think it was bad at all. The rooms are noticeably bigger than WL, which was a major plus to us and the monorail and walk to MK make it super convenient. We also found transportation to be much better there (awful during our stay @WL) and the CMs were awesome. I'd honestly pick the Contemporary over WL at any time of year. Don't get me wrong...WL is pretty and by no means a bad choice, but I'd much rather visit than stay there.

75disney

CR Garden Wing was our favorite stay ever! We had a room overlooking Seven Seas Lagoon, near the water bridge to Bay Lake. I could watch the monorail go by and the boats going to and from the Magic Kingdom. I loved being removed from the bustle of the main building but still close enough for the shops and restaurants. Enjoyed walking the grounds and the walkway to MK.

We did also stay in a courtyard view room at WL. What a disappointment. We overlooked gardens and the WL villas across the way. I was annoyed that I paid more for that view. Wasn't worth the cost. Beautiful resort though, especially at Christmas. But I prefer the CR.

s&k'smom

If you are spending the major portion of your time at MK definitely CR as you can just walk over if relaxing is more your thing WL. However if it were me and I've never stayed at CR I would stay there, there pool area looks like so much fun.

mammaminnie

If you want peacefulness and relaxation when you are back at the resort, then Wilderness Lodge. If you are go go go and like to be close to the action and parks etc, then definitely Contemporary.

sissa216

I would close my eyes and throw a dart- both are great. Garden wing is a bit more peaceful- close to swimming and recreations, a short walk from dining, shopping, transportation. Laundry is only in the garden wing as well, if that's a plus for you. Wilderness Lodge is such wonderful theming, so warm and inviting.

zurgandfriend

We have done both Contemporary garden wing and Wilderness Lodge several times. IMHO I would pick the garden wing. I love the Contemporary, it's on the monrail and a short walk to the Magic Kingdom. The walk to the main building from the garden wing in not very far, but I'm a former infantryman so walking doesn't bother me. We always ask for a room at the end of the wing facing Bay Lake, it's quieter and has a beautiful view.

DisneyAubs

If you want peacefulness and relaxation when you are back at the resort, then Wilderness Lodge. If you are go go go and like to be close to the action and parks etc, then definitely Contemporary.

I agree with this. It all comes down to your what you're looking for in a resort. If you want convenience, you can't beat a monorail resort. If you are wanting a place to be a safe haven for relaxation then go with the Wilderness Lodge (and if you want both, then Poly baby! But not until the construction is done. ;) )

wdwfan22

Contemporary Garden would be my choice. I feel the Contempoary rooms are far nicer and larger than those at the Wilderness Lodge. Plus your just a short monorail ride away from Magic Kingdom :)

MaryJaneP

Contemporary Garden would be my choice. I feel the Contempoary rooms are far nicer and larger than those at the Wilderness Lodge. Plus your just a short monorail ride away from Magic Kingdom :)

Or short walk. We have stayed at CR Garden wing many times for our crew and we would pick it over WL because we favor proximity to MK. However, if solely choosing to spend time in your resort and never at a park, then WL.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom