Contempo Cafe: Now open!

It reminds me of a Disney version of Panera Bread. The food sure sounds good quality but not overly expensive. I'm sure it will be tasty ... sure sounds like a good excuse to take a trip to Disney (too bad I'm 2,000 miles away).

EPCOT.nut

Here's the pics from Saturday:

3037390536_686a77fac2.jpg

3037404320_2e7aa819c0.jpg

And yes I am geeky enough to have food pictures:

3037417112_eac46a2f2d.jpg

Now that I look back, those were NOT the healthiest food choices on the menu. :lol: Except for the..... Gingerale .... :lookaroun:D

The "Pro"

Sounds (and looks) like this is a nice addition. Even when the construction nearby is completed, this has become a very noisy and busy area.

Do they have frozen sodas at the refill stations?

MKCP 1985

Is this going to cure the complaint in the other thread about the Contemporary not having a quick service dining option open and available for its guests?

MKCP 1985

I dunno. Threads can be temperamental. :lol: But it does solve the counter service problem. :eek:

:ROFLOL:

This is the one I was thinking of:

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=372064

Apparently, she had several issues and wasn't even staying at the Contemporary. :lol: But this was the question from her post I wondered about:
November Girl said:
I asked another cast member..."this is a deluxe hotel-where are my other non-reserved dining options?" and she told us to take the monorail to the Poly, unbelievable for a hotel at that price point. Although we stayed there once years ago and loved it, needless to say, that hotel is now permanently off our list.
So for "non-reserved dining options," people won't be told they have to hop a monorail to the Poly anymore? :lol:

EPCOT.nut

:ROFLOL:

This is the one I was thinking of:

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=372064

Apparently, she had several issues and wasn't even staying at the Contemporary. :lol: But this was the question from her post I wondered about:

So for "non-reserved dining options," people won't be told they have to hop a monorail to the Poly anymore? :lol:

DANG that is freaking nuts! :lol::lol::lol: Ummmm yeah it solves the problem of the counter service options but not the attitude problem. :lookaroun:lol::lookaroun

Scooter

According to Jack's blog (linked in a post above) the old Outer Rim is being converted to additional seating for Chef Mickey's. The former Tempo Grab and Go will become the new Outer Rim.

Let's see now....Soon we will have 4 choices of places to consume Alcohol at Disney's Contemporary Resort.
1) The Wave Bar
2) Californi Grill Lounge
3) The Sand Bar
4) The Outer Rim

No wonder they closed Pleasure Island down. Soon you will only have to tumble out of your room a few feet to find a place to get buzzed.:lol:

Tumble in...Stumble out.:ROFLOL:

SirNim

The Contempo Cafe logo is incredibly reminiscent of McDonald's...

"Contempo" is rendered in a script that looks just like "McCafe," while "CAFE" looks like the McDonald's "Dollar Menu" trademark.

I like the setup, and I like the fact that Blair's Grand Canyon Concourse is still intact, and the menu's good... but the logo screams "McDonald's"...

Ailtara

I've got to say that a friend and I ate there yesterday and will not be dining there again. I got the roast beef sandwich and she the chicken-basil-something-or-other-pasta; both dishes were mediocre at absolute best, which is sad because I really wanted to enjoy everything. They were also much more expensive than any QSR food items I've purchased. My roast beef sandwich came to $9.90, her little pasta dish $8-something (the portion size was similar to a "healthy" frozen microwavable meal). Both tasted very bland and had little to no flavor; the potatoes that came with my roast beef were just like every other potato wedge on property except they had no spices and were instead covered with flavorless "cheese" shavings. The House Chips were supposed to be BBQ flavored, but the flavor was so light I could taste hints of it only every few chips.

The only saving grace was that the cupcakes they sell are large and delicious. They're a great size (they should be, at $3.99) and come in AWESOME flavors like black forest, dulce de leche, and pina colada. Haven't tried the latter yet, but the first two are both absolutely scrumdillyicious. Just so good that I want another...

Mr.EPCOT

Original Poster
The Contempo Cafe logo is incredibly reminiscent of McDonald's...

"Contempo" is rendered in a script that looks just like "McCafe," while "CAFE" looks like the McDonald's "Dollar Menu" trademark.

I like the setup, and I like the fact that Blair's Grand Canyon Concourse is still intact, and the menu's good... but the logo screams "McDonald's"...

Well, keep in mind that it's just the first half of the current Contemporary logo typeface, which has been around for quite a while, I'm assuming longer than McDonald's has used that typeface.

Contemporary_Resort_Color.png

contemporary20logo20final20large1.jpg

I've got to say that a friend and I ate there yesterday and will not be dining there again. I got the roast beef sandwich and she the chicken-basil-something-or-other-pasta; both dishes were mediocre at absolute best, which is sad because I really wanted to enjoy everything. They were also much more expensive than any QSR food items I've purchased. My roast beef sandwich came to $9.90, her little pasta dish $8-something (the portion size was similar to a "healthy" frozen microwavable meal). Both tasted very bland and had little to no flavor; the potatoes that came with my roast beef were just like every other potato wedge on property except they had no spices and were instead covered with flavorless "cheese" shavings. The House Chips were supposed to be BBQ flavored, but the flavor was so light I could taste hints of it only every few chips.

The only saving grace was that the cupcakes they sell are large and delicious. They're a great size (they should be, at $3.99) and come in AWESOME flavors like black forest, dulce de leche, and pina colada. Haven't tried the latter yet, but the first two are both absolutely scrumdillyicious. Just so good that I want another...

Yeah, I also tried the roast beef sandwich, and it left much to be desired for me. The flatbreads are awesome, though!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom