Construction walls going up soon

drew81

Original Poster
Not sure if this has been posted-

Fantasyland construction walls will be going up in November.

DisneyMusician2

OH YEAH! Hope we can get some pics. Of the walls.

OK, I know that sounds lame, but its exiting for me.

:lookaroun:lookarounDon't look at me like that.....

WishIwasThere

It seems like they just took the walls down for the 20K / Pooh play area work just yesterday...I know it was three years ago...but it seems like not very long ago. Hopefully it will be like that for the construction of the 'new Fantasyland'.

IWant2GoNow

:sohappy: Very exciting. Kinda sad I won't be able to get any pre-wall photos since my next trip isn't until June, but I'm very happy they are starting so soon. Should be able to get some early construction photos over for the summer for everyone though. :animwink:

WDWFigment

If you want to enjoy Pooh's Playful Spot, you had better go now! Hopefully construction begins shortly thereafter!

Honestly though, couldn't they start construction on the back of this project without any walls? I have no idea what is the most rational place to begin construction, I'm just saying that if the best place to start was hypothetically the rear, couldn't they begin without walls, and no guests would notice?

Kwit35

Kinda Sad

Gosh, who knew the last time I walked through Mickey's house was the Last time I would walk through Mickey's house. Not that I EVER liked toontown, but the houses were kinda cute.

SirGoofy

If you want to enjoy Pooh's Playful Spot, you had better go now! Hopefully construction begins shortly thereafter!

Playful Spot is staying.:wave:

Honestly though, couldn't they start construction on the back of this project without any walls? I have no idea what is the most rational place to begin construction, I'm just saying that if the best place to start was hypothetically the rear, couldn't they begin without walls, and no guests would notice?

Yea they could. I think they're doing a wall to say, "Hey look! We're doing something!":lol:

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member

They could certainly build a great teaser to let guests know what is coming. Would be great iof they could build in some of the castle wall. I'm guessing as well that they want to limit access to that area. Without a wall, I'm sure you'd possibly get some people accidentally venturing back there wtih a camera in hand.

Mr.EPCOT

Precisely where, though? Wouldn't that essentially mean Dumbo,
Ariel's Grotto, Pooh's Playful Spot, and/or Toontown would be closing in November?

WDWFigment

Playful Spot is staying.:wave:

:eek: No way! Maybe I need to look at those plans again. I assumed Playful spot would be somewhat of the 'gateway' to the rest of the new land. That really shocks me.

They could certainly build a great teaser to let guests know what is coming. Would be great iof they could build in some of the castle wall. I'm guessing as well that they want to limit access to that area. Without a wall, I'm sure you'd possibly get some people accidentally venturing back there wtih a camera in hand.

What I mean is that it wouldn't be possible to access the area if they just started constructing at the back (say, Ariel's dark ride) and moved forward. There wouldn't be any access to that for guests from the rest of the park, or at least there wouldn't necessarily need to be, would there? The construction crews could access the construction area through back-access, right?

:eek: No way! Maybe I need to look at those plans again. I assumed Playful spot would be somewhat of the 'gateway' to the rest of the new land. That really shocks me.

What I mean is that it wouldn't be possible to access the area if they just started constructing at the back (say, Ariel's dark ride) and moved forward. There wouldn't be any access to that for guests from the rest of the park, or at least there wouldn't necessarily need to be, would there? The construction crews could access the construction area through back-access, right?

Nope Pooh's Playful Spot will be staying - it is the autumn colored tree area for the 100 acre wood.

Would be weird for walls to go up already....... one would think they would start in the back and move forward.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom