Construction & Expansion Thread

misterID

I am soooooo disappointed the Lorax dark ride isn't happening. UNI needs more family dark rides to even out the motion sickness screen attractions. I love UNI, but it's getting a bit silly. Diveristy in attractions, pretty please.

Nick Wilde

I am soooooo disappointed the Lorax dark ride isn't happening. UNI needs more family dark rides to even out the motion sickness screen attractions. I love UNI, but it's getting a bit silly. Diveristy in attractions, pretty please.
AMEN! All they do is motion sims now. I know, I know "EFG is a roller coaster, too." I personally haven't ridden it, but from all the reviews of the ride I've read, it doesn't deserve to be called a roller coaster. Transformers is THE EXACT SAME THING as Spider-man, with a re-theming. FJ was better, but the majority of it is still a motion sim.

Mike S

AMEN! All they do is motion sims now. I know, I know "EFG is a roller coaster, too." I personally haven't ridden it, but from all the reviews of the ride I've read, it doesn't deserve to be called a roller coaster. Transformers is THE EXACT SAME THING as Spider-man, with a re-theming. FJ was better, but the majority of it is still a motion sim.
At least those motion sims are quality E Tickets. Disney hasn't given us one of those since 2006 and the one they're opening in 2017 will be a motion sim. So, yeah.

GLaDOS

I wish Disney would stop giving us Omnimovers and boat rides. I mean Little Mermaid and Haunted Mansion are THE EXACT SAME THING.

Nick Wilde

Well ya know what they say. "Opinions are like.... noses, everyone's got one, and they all....stink/smell." - Clint Eastwood. (Slightly modified)

misterID

I don't think EFG was ever touted as a coaster, but a dark ride with coaster elements.

The only problem I have with any UNI ride is The Simpsons as it makes me green. They could have made an incredibly themed coaster/dark ride but they went Disney with it instead with an overlay. DM could have been a cool dark ride like their Sesame Street dark ride in Asia.

I think the last thing UNI needs are people not speaking up for more AA, show scene rides, otherwise they'll keep makiing screen based attractions and I can't handle a day of those anymore.

GLaDOS

The only problem I have with any UNI ride is The Simpsons as it makes me green. They could have made an incredibly themed coaster/dark ride but they went Disney with it instead with an overlay. DM could have been a cool dark ride like their Sesame Street dark ride in Asia..

Simpsons was done at a time where the resort was more or less collapsing and ownership was looking to spend the least to make the most.

I think the last thing UNI needs are people not speaking up for more AA, show scene rides, otherwise they'll keep makiing screen based attractions and I can't handle a day of those anymore.

Universal builds rides how they build them. Kong will have plenty of AAs. It'll also have plenty of screens. That's how UC does it.

misterID

Simpsons was done at a time where the resort was more or less collapsing and ownership was looking to spend the least to make the most.

Universal builds rides how they build them. Kong will have plenty of AAs. It'll also have plenty of screens. That's how UC does it.
I'm not bashing the resort. But not all the attractions have to be screen based. DA proved they can make quality AA and I'd love to see that in an attraction. Some people can't handle all the Motion Simulators. And I'm confident UC isn't out to make only MS style rides, I'm positive they're capable of doing more than that. I hope Kong has AAs... but EFG was supposed to have a bunch too, I never thought they'd be in the queue.

GLaDOS

I'm not bashing the resort. But not all the attractions have to be screen based. DA proved they can make quality AA and I'd love to see that in an attraction. Some people can't handle all the Motion Simulators. And I'm confident UC isn't out to make only MS style rides, I'm positive they're capable of doing more than that. I hope Kong has AAs... but EFG was supposed to have a bunch too, I never thought they'd be in the queue.

Kong will have animatronics in the ride.

DisneyDaver

Transformers was supposed to be the exact same thing as Spiderman and was not originally planned for Universal Orlando (it was planned for Universal Studios Hollywood where they don't have Spiderman). Think of it as a bonus that they decided to copy the ride from Hollywood and quickly build it in Orlando.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
The Kong are on 9/15.

DSC00178.jpg

danlb_2000

Premium Member
The walk to the parks from CBBR wouldn't be so terrible, but it's definitely a bus ride back after a long day at the parks :)

The walk way is a nice convenience, but I don't know if I would use it very often. The bus service from CBBR to the parks is very good, we never waited more then a few minutes for a bus and the trip is only about 5 minutes long. We just stayed at the Dolphin and did the walk to Epcot only once, my feet just can't take it after a long day in the parks.

danpam1024

The walk way is a nice convenience, but I don't know if I would use it very often. The bus service from CBBR to the parks is very good, we never waited more then a few minutes for a bus and the trip is only about 5 minutes long. We just stayed at the Dolphin and did the walk to Epcot only once, my feet just can't take it after a long day in the parks.
Agreed- I was really impressed with the buses- although not so much with the hotel :(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom