Construction & Expansion Thread

Mike S

Two pictures from today.

The arch is completely gone. Note the clearing and construction wall to the left.
View attachment 59355

Thunder Falls Terrace is on the right. Note the 2nd clearing/construction wall.
View attachment 59354

So we can assume that the arch, if restored, will be placed here, and the new pathway will enter through that first clearing and exit through the 2nd clearing next to Thunder Falls Terrace.
I actually think they might remove those trees between the two construction walls at some point and just have one big path.

JT3000

So we can assume that the arch, if restored, will be placed here, and the new pathway will enter through that first clearing and exit through the 2nd clearing next to Thunder Falls Terrace.

But why would they reroute the path closer to King Kong? They could just as easily keep the current path and have either an additional branching path for Kong or separate entrance and exit paths. But the fact that they've torn down the JP gate tells me they intend to put Kong along the current main path in some capacity.

Tom Morrow

I was picturing them curving the path inward a bit to create more of an "island" out of the area, but I guess you're right, wouldn't make sense to reroute the main path.

IAmFloridaBorn

Anyone know if Shrek has enough pull to conduct it's own mini land like Springfield?

With Shrek, Puss N Boots, Humpty, Kitty Soft Paws, Donkey, Lord Fodwad or whatever, more than enough characters. Would something like this draw families and such to the area?

There is a sequel for Puss N Boots for 2018 , same time Kidzone area should be getting done and such....
If not that a re-temed Shrek attraction?

danpam1024

Anyone know if Shrek has enough pull to conduct it's own mini land like Springfield?

With Shrek, Puss N Boots, Humpty, Kitty Soft Paws, Donkey, Lord Fodwad or whatever, more than enough characters. Would something like this draw families and such to the area?

There is a sequel for Puss N Boots for 2018 , same time Kidzone area should be getting done and such....
It does in that it's not all "Shrek". All familiar storybook characters are in the movies with the bonus of Shrek, Fiona, and Donkey. I think it would be a Brilliant land- Far Far Away.

Disneyhead'71

Far, Far, Away @ Universal Studios Singapore

farfarawaycastle.jpg

mahnamahna101

I don't see DreamWorks getting an increased presence in the Orlando or Hollywood parks. And KidZone is rumored to be finished around summer 2016. Shrek has generally peaked popularity wise, and I can't see Puss in Boots 2 doing well with the 7 year gap from the last one.

Illumination, Laika and even more SpongeBob is more likely than Shrek taking over KidZone. Although Far Far Away could work if they actually put some high-end rides (Donkey show, Puss in Boots family dark ride, Dragon family coaster with show scenes and AAs, Shrek E ticket water ride, play area, flat ride or two)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom