Construction & Expansion Thread

JediMasterMatt

Thanks for the update! I am impatiently waiting on vertical construction on this and Avatar!!

I wonder which will be done first???:rolleyes::happy:

Place your bets. Kong or Pandora which will be done first...

... actually, that's not much of a bet.

A real bet would be will Kong be finished before Pandora starts going vertical. As much as I hate to say it, the smart money may be on Kong.

rioriz

The answer to that has already been given...Kong 2015...Pandora 2017

I will call you on that I believe vertical on Pandora will start way before Kong opens

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Place your bets. Kong or Pandora which will be done first...

... actually, that's not much of a bet.

A real bet would be will Kong be finished before Pandora starts going vertical. As much as I hate to say it, the smart money may be on Kong.

Actually, since that picture was taken, they have already finished Kong and are starting construction on another e-ticket. ;)

JediMasterMatt

The answer to that has already been given...Kong 2015...Pandora 2017

I will call you on that I believe vertical on Pandora will start way before Kong opens

Not really confirmed with Universal as recent history has shown they actually get far along in construction before they announce anything. No official news about Kong or its opening at this point. It's still very likely 2015 for the ape though.

Disney played sandbox for over a year with New Fantasyland before anything actually started going up, so I would not be shocked if we don't see anything but earth moving and foundations for quite some time.

Tom Morrow

Taken yesterday, adjacent to Toon Lagoon. Hmmm...

JPSign.jpg

Mike S

Taken yesterday, adjacent to Toon Lagoon. Hmmm...

View attachment 59106
This is so strange because I was there just this past weekend and I was talking with my brother about how it looked like they wouldn't have to move the Jurassic Park entrance at all and could just have the entrance to Skull Island be where the Toon Lagoon themed backstage gate is right next to it (sorry I don't have a pic).

Tom Morrow

This is so strange because I was there just this past weekend and I was talking with my brother about how it looked like they wouldn't have to move the Jurassic Park entrance at all and could just have the entrance to Skull Island be where the Toon Lagoon themed backstage gate is right next to it (sorry I don't have a pic).
True, but I wonder if they want to keep the flow of the park by keeping it as one big, connecting path/circle.

Mike S

New surveys being giving to Universal Guest.... Exciting times ahead
1405484648_zpse3df0650.jpg
1405484642_zpsb76e1bbe.jpg
Oh my god. I didn't think Universal was actually considering adding Wonka, I just thought it was talk among fans :jawdrop: This would be such a perfect addition I really hope they go for it :D Lol at Twilight but why is Tron there? Isn't that owned by Disney? o_O

JT3000

View attachment 59126 I guess Tron was the big hint that it was fake.

Or the fact that there's already a Jurassic Park area...

Speaking of which, I don't see a need to move the gate, if that is in fact what they're doing (they could just be replacing the doors, as there's currently no sign of a replacement gate. It also seems a little early to be doing that.) There's a large corner of trees and shrubbery in front of the gate that could easily serve as the entrance path to Kong without further encroaching on JP's territory. Unless they have something more elaborate and space-intensive in mind. Question is, how much of JP are they willing to let this project eat?

mahnamahna101

View attachment 59126 I guess Tron was the big hint that it was fake. No Wonka then :cry:
Honestly, Wonka, further expansion of WWOHP (Fantastic Beasts trilogy could breathe new life into Potter franchise), board games (general) and Star Trek don't really need a survey to be likely for Universal Orlando :p

But agreed - TRON, Terminator, Jurassic Park and Twilight made it pretty obvious the survey wasn't real... Family Guy could work next to Simpsons, but might make MIB/FFL stick out like a sore thumb. Ice Age wouldn't make much sense at all (dated franchise, lack of four-quadrant appeal like Despicable Me or Shrek). Looney Tunes could work, but the Six Flags issue makes them extremely unlikely (I'd rather Universal have the rights to DC and Looney Tunes anyways since they'd obviously do a better job than Six Flags - but it's definitely a pipe dream)

Tom Morrow

Two pictures from today.

The arch is completely gone. Note the clearing and construction wall to the left.
JP (1).JPG

Thunder Falls Terrace is on the right. Note the 2nd clearing/construction wall.
JP (2).JPG

So we can assume that the arch, if restored, will be placed here, and the new pathway will enter through that first clearing and exit through the 2nd clearing next to Thunder Falls Terrace.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom