Construction & Expansion Thread

Scuttle

Anyone else pumped about them having PBR on tap at the pool bar? Lol a decent cheap option at a value resort.... Awesome

Funmeister

I'm curious to see how it holds up (durability)

The durability of the physical structures of the resort? or the durability of the commitment from Universal to keep them fresh and clean? As long as you (Disney, Universal or any other resort operator) commits to keeping it in clean working order than it will never fall in disrepair.

Compare the Grand Floridan and the outside lights alone when it first opened compared to now. Walk around All-Star (any of them) and look at the shape (very bad) of the painted walls and a lot of the doors to the rooms. Even standards at the Contemporary show its ware and tear of late. It shows that Disney was committed to keeping resorts fresh and repaired but now not so much.

flynnibus

Premium Member
The durability of the physical structures of the resort? or the durability of the commitment from Universal to keep them fresh and clean? As long as you (Disney, Universal or any other resort operator) commits to keeping it in clean working order than it will never fall in disrepair.

Certain designs are more durable than others tho... and something with low durability will test anyone's commitment to maintain. Frequently leading to changes in design or details to increase their durability.

Funmeister

Certain designs are more durable than others tho... and something with low durability will test anyone's commitment to maintain. Frequently leading to changes in design or details to increase their durability.

I agree. It will also see how the New Fantasyland fares after a bit. Cabana Bay has a lot of bright colors which usually do not fare well with mold and mildew in the heat and humidity. I hope they can stay on it.

Funmeister

So I guess it is possible to build a Fast & Furious attraction over between MIB and Simpsons? Imagine a hybrid of Fast and Furious / Test Track hybrid. That would and could work!

hokie075

I'm surprised they haven't done a Fast and the Furious attraction yet. They had some of the cars from the movie there one time. I would love to ride the quarter mile in 10 seconds and do some drifting.

Mouse_Trap

I agree. It will also see how the New Fantasyland fares after a bit. Cabana Bay has a lot of bright colors which usually do not fare well with mold and mildew in the heat and humidity. I hope they can stay on it.

I do hope so. They haven't done to well maintaining Tool Lagoon and Seus Landing over the years (unsure if its any better recently). When I first visited IoA, it was in it's first month of opening and the colours were incredibly vivid. Each time I have returned I have always been a little disappointed on how much they have faded. Even seing it last year shorted after repainting it was nowhere as vivid as it originally was.

It must be really hard to maintain in the Florida sun though I would say.

mergatroid

I do hope so. They haven't done to well maintaining Tool Lagoon and Seus Landing over the years (unsure if its any better recently). When I first visited IoA, it was in it's first month of opening and the colours were incredibly vivid. Each time I have returned I have always been a little disappointed on how much they have faded. Even seing it last year shorted after repainting it was nowhere as vivid as it originally was.

I don't like criticising but I was amazed what a bad state the tunnel at the end of the Hulk was in last October. Didn't ruin the ride but I'd imagine seizures on the forum if that was at Disney.

danpam1024

both have been recently refreshed :)

Mouse_Trap

both have been recently refreshed :)
Good to hear.
How through have they been, can you comment?

I was last there 12 months ago and it had quite recently been done then, however it felt that some smaller areas had been missed or omitted and the plastics also seemed faded somewhat. No where near what I had seen on an earlier trip mind.

I should try and dig out some old photos to compare, thought as it's from different cameras it not quite the same....and the first few trips, well they pre-date digital.

danpam1024

Good to hear.
How through have they been, can you comment?

I was last there 12 months ago and it had quite recently been done then, however it felt that some smaller areas had been missed or omitted and the plastics also seemed faded somewhat. No where near what I had seen on an earlier trip mind.

I should try and dig out some old photos to compare, thought as it's from different cameras it not quite the same....and the first few trips, well they pre-date digital.
Outside of suess looks vibrant and fab- carosuessel is painted, high in the sky trolley has been painted- I cannot comment on any others, we didn't go on them. RipSaw was closed for a month in Jan/feb- and I haven't been on that either because it was too cold- but the outside is nice and fresh :)

mergatroid

I'm not a Disney lover/ Universal basher as I truly do love both parks. However I mus be the only one who really hates the look of CBR. I know it's a retro look and I appreciate it's done very, very well, I just really hate that particular style. I hope and I'm sure it will be a huge success, I just think it looks terrible from the outside though I would imagine the interiors are nice.

PS.I'd be saying the same had Disney built it, it's purely the style of the building I personally find ugly and not the execution of it.

danpam1024

6/24/14 transitioning from Toon Lagoon to JP- the area on the left
IMG_20140623_190024_130.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom