Construction between Contemporary and TTC

hosekiller

Take it apart and rebuild
We have a low overpass that supports a couple of train tracks, and it’s hit several times a year. Slap a new beam in there and call it a day.

We had a bridge over an interstate struck by a dump truck a few years ago where I live, looks like the same thing that happened on I-16. We only had cosmetic damage though, it was a much wider roadway. Crazy how the I-16 bridge shifted after being hit by an unloaded dump truck.

EeyoreFan#24

We had a bridge over an interstate struck by a dump truck a few years ago where I live, looks like the same thing that happened on I-16. We only had cosmetic damage though, it was a much wider roadway. Crazy how the I-16 bridge shifted after being hit by an unloaded dump truck.

I was just sharing because it was semi related to the beam discussion, although a guard probably wouldn’t have helped much there. That’s what got me, I’ve seen some truck vs bridge collisions like this before, but can’t recall the truck winning, as least not this much.

hosekiller

I was just sharing because it was semi related to the beam discussion, although a guard probably wouldn’t have helped much there. That’s what got me, I’ve seen some truck vs bridge collisions like this before, but can’t recall the truck winning, as least not this much.
I’d guess the dump truck was a mechanical failure of some sort, or a failure to lock the dump bed if that’s a thing. Completely different situation than the monorail guard though. For what it’s worth, I’d bet the monorail guard would likely catch MOST issues where it’s set up….a vac boom for example, wouldn’t likely be traveling very fast on a dirt path.

On the flip side, the underpass that is hit several times a year where I live had similar “guards”, but they didn’t accomplish a thing. People just plowed right through them before nailing the bridge 🤦🏻‍♂️

GimpYancIent

We have a low overpass that supports a couple of train tracks, and it’s hit several times a year. Slap a new beam in there and call it a day.

How fast was the truck estimated to be traveling? Even an unloaded dump truck can be a massive force when at speed.

hosekiller

How fast was the truck estimated to be traveling? Even an unloaded dump truck can be a massive force when at speed.
I don’t know speeds of either incident. But after seeing more pictures on Facebook of the I-16 incident, it was a large dump truck, not what you would routinely see around town, and it ended up being loaded with large tires. It was a heck of a hit for sure!

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Wait a second…did people actually think they were building a new hotel? After not being able to move what they have at their prices for at least 10 years?

oh that’s rich 🤣

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom