Construction between Contemporary and TTC

DVCakaCarlF

After listening to a few podcasts, it may be the start of a feasibility study.

The orange fence is perplexing because it’s put in place, usually, to prevent “tree save, natural, and undisturbed areas” out of reach from the site work equipment: bull dozers, forestry equipment from clearing them by accident.

wdwjmp239

That’s been a possible hotel site forever, but every time they test it the supports sink into the ground. Maybe they are trying again?

Could you imagine they build a hotel and it collapses? Take a look at what's going on in Miami when that condo building collapsed. That would be terrible if such a thing like that would happen at Disney.

wdwjmp239

My question is this: If they are planning on building a hotel here, then why don't they bring the new Reflections Resort (replacing River Country) back on the drawing board before they start a new hotel? That's my 2 cents. :)

danlb_2000

Premium Member
My question is this: If they are planning on building a hotel here, then why don't they bring the new Reflections Resort (replacing River Country) back on the drawing board before they start a new hotel? That's my 2 cents. :)

This was brought up earlier in the thread and it was suggested that they may have thought that a hotel on this prime location was better business choice the reflections.

lazyboy97o

Could you imagine they build a hotel and it collapses? Take a look at what's going on in Miami when that condo building collapsed. That would be terrible if such a thing like that would happen at Disney.
As of now the collapse of Champlain Towers South appears to be related to some combination of poor design, port construction and poor maintenance. The ground does not as of now seem to be a significant factor in the collapse, much less any site issues known at the time of construction.

flynnibus

Premium Member
My take is... look at the last two things Disney built on the MK lagoon(s) area... crazy expensive bungalows and another smaller scale DVC. Everywhere else Disney is building more expensive products.

Anything built here would have to be ultra-level I think.

GimpYancIent

Isn't a tower more likely to have foundation issues? Just wondering if it's better to do a wider four story building than a skinnier 8 story building.
Yes. Since Mediterranean seems to be the theme most looked at i.e. Venice there is a neighboring structure in Pizza that is a shining example of what happens when building tall on not exactly solid ground. That said, it has lasted since the 12th century even though engineers have predicted its collapse many times over the years.

1626109178299.png

Unplugged

Or the more obvious as no permits have been filed could be the same thing that happens both to that piece of land and on here every so many years. They go in to clean up the growth for monorail visibility/safety and other justifications with no construction planned. Remember that they have the old River Country plot cleared with grading started for the new DVC resort that is "yet to be started". Considering all the available space on property, this seems highly unlikely, when extending the lagoon west per the original plans could result in more practical resort space.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom