Construction beginnning in Spring

IWant2GoNow

Four years to complete? Either they are falling behind, or they have more planned than they are letting on.

So is it... :cry:

or is it... :D

Right now, I'm just... :veryconfu

I assume parts of the expansion will start to open in waves over those 4 years, maybe?

EPCOT Explorer

Four years to complete? Either they are falling behind, or they have more planned than they are letting on.

So is it... :cry:

or is it... :D

Right now, I'm just... :veryconfu

I assume parts of the expansion will start to open in waves over those 4 years, maybe?

That's the plan, from what I gather.

DisneyParksFan1

Original Poster
Yes indeed.

Screamscape reported today that -as predicted from this site on the "WDW Permits" thread- The Little Mermaid ride is opening in 2011 on both coasts.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Orlando Sentinel said:
The resort recently signed up Birmingham, Ala.-based Construction to do site development work for the project. The Fantasyland overhaul is expected to take about four years to complete.

, which has an office in Orlando, has had a number of projects in the region, including Thornton Park Central, a condo-and-retail project downtown, and SoDo, a condo-and-retail project south of downtown.

I see their signs around. They seem to do good work....however, I always let out a little chuckle every time I see the name. :eek:

DisneyParksFan1

Original Poster
Haha, I let out a chuckle when I read the name as well. They are pretty good I guess.

Yep, according to Screamscape it will open by 2011, also according to the permit that edwardtc over at the "WDW Permits Part 3" thread has provided us with, one of the permits we think is most likely for the FYL Expansion, it's for the North Service Area and it said it will expire on November or October of 2011. I forget the exact date. If you go to the thread and look for permits in the first few days of December you will see what I'm talking about.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom