Construction at Disney Studios

WDWspider

Re: Sponsor for The Amazing World of Ladders!

Originally posted by beast
You forgot to state that the sponsor for this new E-ticket attraction is Home Depot.

Tim Allen will be the mascot.

Actually, a Home Improvement Ride could be interesting. :lol:

stagestar

what are they doing?

HI ImagineerFan04,

I wanted to comment on your hope that maybe the StuntShow or Animagique from the Walt Disney Studios Paris may be under construction at the end of the New York Street.

Neither of these two options is likely in any way - sorry.

1. StuntShow: it needs a huge stage and seating area. Basically size wise it is identical to the Indiana Jones Stunt Show. So while the show is very successful in Paris and its sponsor (Opel which is the european GM brand) might be willing to bring it to WDW I doubt that they would operate two stunt shows in one park, especially with the need to construct another giant stage / stands.

2. Animagique: well basically Animagique is just a black light theater show like your Little Mermaid. Question is: would they want to have to black light shows in one park. Plus: all the show needs is a pretty simple stage, a seating area and all enclosed. So if they would want to bring it to MGM in addition to the Little Mermaid (meaning: not replacing it) it would be cheapest to enclose the former Hunchback stage (a roof is already there) instead of constructing an all new theater. But the main point against bringing Animagique to MGM: the show is now in its second version in Paris after terrible guest reviews and still even when the other shows are packed there are quiet often empty seats in that one and guest reaction is everything but stellar, even so it got better.

So if you would get anything from the WDS in Paris I think these would be the likeliest options:

1. Stunt Show "Moteurs, Action!" as a replacement of the Indiana Jones Stuntshow - question is: how intelligent is it to waste money on totally redesigning the stage area for this show, as the current one still packs in crowds. As long as not GM as sponsors wants to pay for this I guess the money is better used for another additional attraction.

2. Armageddon: well, this one has been rumoured for a possible transfer to the US (even so DCA is more likely) but guest reaction has not been stellar to it even so the attractions skript (not the effects) has been rewritten. Mainproblem of the attraction: it is fire-effects in a room (=spacestation) ... so it needs to be compared to Backdraft which beats it easily. So if it would come expect an updated version and it still wouldn't be that "special"

So the most likeliest option seems to me:

3. Cinemagique: this is basically a movie, a hommage to the history of the cinema. It all starts with an usher welcoming guests to the presentation of the movie and reminding them to turn off their cellphones and pagers. Then the guests are treated to some ancient, black&white soundless scenes from the earliest movies, during these suddenly a cell phone rings, a guy in the audience answers the call and escapes from the usher whon is going after him onto the stage in front of the movie where he continues to talk on the phone, till a magician on the screen magically drwas him into the scene. As of here the guy is played by Martin Short who now travels through some of the most memorable movies of the history (including Star Wars, Titanic, Mary Poppins, ...) till he escapes out of the movies again onto the stage (real actor again). But: in the meantime he has fallen in love with a woman on screen who followed him through the movies (Julie Delpy - from ER fame). As she can't get out of the movies, the magician helps him to get into the movies again for the grand finale. This boy meets girl story is basically a "2-D"-movie with some minor in theater effects (water, an object coming out of the screen and the actor moving in and out of the screen, ... - all made very well) - but with its story its great integration of classic movies or types of movies and a wonderful story plus tehg reat actors it is the hidden gem of the park which nearly everybody praises. To my own surprise I have now seen the movie at least over 20 times and still enjoy it everytime again - something movie-attractions usually do not for me. It is not uncommon that the audience even applauds at the end of the presentation.

With the universal story and the fact that the actors are well known in the US too, there is only one really "French" scene (from a french movie musical) and the fact that Martin Short speaks English in the movie anyway it seems quiet possible that this one could move to MGM ... sometime ... somewhere.

Yours sincerely
Dirk

P.S.: our guidebook for the WDS is still a mess - sorry for that if you try to find out more about these attractions.

DonickCo

You don’t have much space to work with. It’s probably just a new façade.

-DonickCo

Attachments

• sds.jpg
    sds.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 239

Dayma

Its a history of the chair and ladder in Disney. Follow the chair from its humble begginings at Mr. Toads Wild Ride to the upcoming Mission to Mars!

Goofster

crosses fingers "Cinemagic, Cinemagic"

I know this show probably wouldn't be going in this area if they did build it, but man oh man, If they could build a big broadway theater on new york street they could make it really cool and beautiful, like the Hyperion at DCA. Now that Hunchback is closed, i could be wrong, but i dont think there's much back there to block off if they made a big theater. If Steve MArtin already speaks english in the show, I say bring 'er on over right now. This would definitely add to the 'magic of hollywood' theme of the Studios that you really only get on the GMR.

Yes, a beautiful theater on New York Street, I can see it now, that would be wonderful. If you take a look at the above picture, you can see how easily Disney could turn The Backlot theater into a top notch Indoor Theater like the Hyperion, or they could just build another one in the current one's place, then they just build a nice queue and lobby area for the theater in that 'in between' space between new york street and the current theater, yes!

Goofster

I know I'm going out on a limb and stuff, but I might as well have fun with this while ideas are up in the air. I edited DonickCo's pic to show you how I think it could happen.

Now let's see, how do I add a picture?

Hmm, well then, maybe everybody can just use their imagination to think of what i drew.

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
Originally posted by ArchiDanDisney
I still think its ladders in the movies....

Dan is right here folks... here is a WDI computer model of what the attraction will look like! My super secret souces gave me this:

MicBat

Originally posted by DMC-12
Dan is right here folks... here is a WDI computer model of what the attraction will look like! My super secret souces gave me this:
:sohappy: :sohappy: :lol: :lol:

Dayma

I see lots of ladders but where is the chair? LMAO..nice screen shot btw

ToTBellHop

Originally posted by Sorcerer Mickey
Man, A Nintendo-Disney joint project...can't wait!

Mario and Mickey on the same screen...*pulls out hair from excitement*

Haha--Chernabog is replaced by Bowser during Fantasmic!, Hades is replaced by Ganon. Pocahontas disappears halfway through her scene and is replaced by what's her name from Metroid...Samus? And, during the dancing scene, an extra, fourth float appears, with Link and Zelda...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom