Considering dining at the Japan Pavilion in Epcot? - here is a look at Teppan Edo

wdwwdeagle

Thanks for posting this information. I just made my ADR 3 days ago for our first time at Teppan Edo in March, so it's perfect timing for me.

Photos are so helpful... our teppan restaurant gives so much food, DD and I always bring home half our dinner and eat it the next day for lunch. I was thinking of ordering one meal and sharing (I think this is allowed if you're not on the plan???), but seeing the photo of the teriyaki meal, it doesn't seem as much as our local restaurant gives you, so maybe we'll each order our own. Any thoughts?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Yep absolutely, portion size is very manageable - I don't think there would be enough to share. It isn't one of those places where you leave feeling totally stuffed.

I think you'll really enjoy it. Great decor, great performances from the chefs, top notch service, and very tasty food. Only downside is the cost.

have a great time!

captain marvel1

since i eat their all the time its wonderful. especially when its your birthday. they make you a chef hat which is a real treat. food is the best i love it there. as a matter of fact i cant wait to try that mandrin orange drink for the first time. i love trying things that are new. from eel to calamari aka squid. to tuna and dolphin and no that isnt flipper lol.

Captain Hank

I haven't eaten at Teppan Edo yet, but I had a wonderful experience next door at Tokyo Dining. The Bento Box was excellent, and the Ginger Chocolate Cake was one of the best desserts I've ever had.

Phonedave

I was not that thrilled with Teppan Edo

Our chef, while technicaly competent was lackluster.

The food was par for the course.

Not a big deal, but they don't light the onion volcano (the chef said Mickey says they are not allowed to)

Their sushi offering is uber limited. Yes, I know it's not a sushi place, but I am spoiled by the ones I go to where I live, where they all have full sushi offerings.

I guess if you do not have access to a Teppan place where you live, then it's a good choice, but I have ones that give more show, more food, and better selections, for about the same price as Teppan Edo.

Not a bad place by any stretch, but not one that impressed me either.

-dave

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
I absolutely love Teppan Edo. The food is great and the service is amazing. It is a bit costly if you are paying cash, but if you are on the DDP it is a great deal.

Mouse Man

Teppan Edo is always on our list of places to eat at. The food and service has been great since we started eating there in 2001. The food is tasty and the chef's cooking along with there showmanship is a ton of fun. The food portion is always enough. All I can say is if you haven't tried it you should.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom