Congratulations Non-Smokers!

GaryT977

Original Poster
It looks like Florida's Amendment 6 has passed, which will really cut back on the number of smoking areas in the state, including WDW. Since I'm on the patch (again), it won't affect me much, but for you smokers... :lookaroun

(and Jeb Bush stole another one. DAMMIT! :mad: )

MobileBadBoy

Account Suspended
Gee, I wonder what the reaction of the board will be. :rolleyes:

I know smoking discussions here always turn out so wonderful and level-headed.

GaryT977

Original Poster
Originally posted by MobileBadBoy
Gee, I wonder what the reaction of the board will be. :rolleyes:

I know smoking discussions here always turn out so wonderful and level-headed.

Is that sarcasm? ;)

GaryT977

Original Poster
Originally posted by orangefan15
Since many of us are not from Florida, perhaps someone can tell us what this law says? and how it will affect WDW?

I'm not 100% sure, but I believe it's modeled after California's law. I think about the only place you can smoke now is in a bar, unless food is served there. I'm not sure what the restrictions are on outdoor smoking, but it affects any indoor establishments, including work environments. It affects WDW because it will limit where guests can smoke. I'm sorry I don't have the exact answer, but after some of the shenanigans that were going on today (people using our wonderful new touchscreen voting systems were having to vote for their candidates two or three times and then wait for someone to re-boot the machines to get the right vote. And that's if they bothered to check. The machines don't generate receipts), I decided I wasn't going to bother voting. I tried to find my sample ballot but it's gone.

Hopefully someone else can come up with the details.

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
don't smoke, and don't want to smoke. But I can at least deal with people who do (i'm not a total )...

cymbaldiva

Originally posted by GaryT977
I'm not 100% sure, but I believe it's modeled after California's law. I think about the only place you can smoke now is in a bar, unless food is served there. I'm not sure what the restrictions are on outdoor smoking, but it affects any indoor establishments, including work environments. It affects WDW because it will limit where guests can smoke. I'm sorry I don't have the exact answer, but after some of the shenanigans that were going on today (people using our wonderful new touchscreen voting systems were having to vote for their candidates two or three times and then wait for someone to re-boot the machines to get the right vote. And that's if they bothered to check. The machines don't generate receipts), I decided I wasn't going to bother voting. I tried to find my sample ballot but it's gone.

Hopefully someone else can come up with the details.

Ummm...Haven't WDW quests been quite limited in where they can smoke for several years now?

MobileBadBoy

Account Suspended
Originally posted by mktiggerman
don't smoke, and don't want to smoke. But I can at least deal with people who do (i'm not a total )...
Thank you. Not all of us are bad, although some of the people here will contest, due to their maybe once bad experience.

Originally posted by cymbaldiva
Ummm...Haven't WDW quests been quite limited in where they can smoke for several years now?
Yes, we've been quite limited for a while, although we do have smoking areas throughout each park. Most of them are off in a corner, no cover while it's raining, etc. But it's better than nothing I guess.

Hopefully they'll ban crying babies. I'm as sick of them as non-smokers are of my smoking. Or at least have a designated "crying baby section"...off in a corner, no cover/shade, etc. :D

cymbaldiva

Actually, what I said was quite serious.

I too am a smoker. I just made a comment on this thread because GaryT977 was making it sound like a whole new thing.

mickeyfanatics

The way the law is written, all indoor public places that are restaurants (and serve food) or workplaces are now smoke free. There is no state ban on smoking outside, in your home, in designated smoking hotel rooms, or in stand-alone bars that do not serve food. :sohappy:

General Grizz

Yay - now the restaurants I go to won't have a 3 hour wait for one side, with a 3 minute wait on another. But, seriously, I can't really deal with the smoke fumes. They really aggravate my sinuses. :brick:

Erika

How times have changed!

In '98 we went down to Cocoa Beach to visit my grandmother, who was terminally ill (with...DANT DANT DAAAANT...lung cancer). While there we went out to breakfast. The hostess asked us the usual "Smoking or non" and when we said "Non" she reached over and took the ashtray off the table! :lol:

There were only 2 other tables of people there but even so, the air was so thick we could barely even taste our food. :lookaroun

leeocean

Originally posted by btb6mm
That sounds great to me!:sohappy:

Maybe now I can breath and cry at the same time.:D

Me too. I wish they'd ban it all together because most, I'm not saying all, of the smokers I have encountered do not follow the rules. And then you have to hold your breath as you get off the train in Frontierland.

no2apprentice

Now if smokers would quit throwing their butts everywhere but in the proper receptacle, that would be nice. No butts about it.

Sorry, bad pun.:animwink:

DisneyPhD

Ya for Florida, but it won't change my WDW trip much. (all of the restrants besides some at PI were non smoking to start with. ) One of the things I love about WDW to start with.

I just wish Michigan will follow suite and also pass the same law. Nothing would keep me from voting that day.

:)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom