confused....

sillyspook13

Original Poster
OK.... could somebody explain this?

My mom finds the parrot sketch from Monty Python's Flying Circus offensive. She got totally pi$$ed and tried to prevent me from watching that episode, or rather that sketch. She even yelled at me last night for having a part of the sketch written down, which I will possibly use for my signature on my posts. (that is, if she doesn't ban my use of the computer for having such offensive material on it:confused: )

DisJosh

I'm not familiar with that sketch..........what part does she find ofensive? You cant live to make your mom happy.......if u wanna use it for a sig then use it. Personally i make it a point to keep my mom out of my business ........its my business and thats it. She totally hates the music I listen to, she doesnt like how i dress ect.......but thats her problem. i'm sure if I were still little she would threaten me and smack me around a little but seeing I tower over her at 6'2", I only laugh when she gets mad. Dont I sound horrible? Well Im not really......:D Despit how evil i make her sound I actually like her a little b/c she takes me to WDW:D

mightyduck

Originally posted by sillyspook13
Funny thing, I don't even know what she is offended by. She's never seen the parrot sketch!!!

Well, I see two possibilities:

a) she's heard about it from other "grownups" and is offended second hand, or

b) she HAS seen it, and is pretending not to know (I often pretend I have no idea what students are talking about...it's easier... )

MrPromey

Originally posted by mightyduck

(I often pretend I have no idea what students are talking about...it's easier... )

OK, everyone. This is a person who is shaping young minds, a person who is involved in Americas future. Am I the only one who is disturbed by this?.. Oh, and she's a stalker too! ;P:D

mightyduck

Originally posted by MrPromey

OK, everyone. This is a person who is shaping young minds, a person who is involved in Americas future. Am I the only one who is disturbed by this?.. Oh, and she's a stalker too! ;P:D

Oh, sure, Promey, when I ask a student to spit out her gum and she responds she prefers to swallow, and it becomes a huge discussion, YOU think I should weigh-in with an opinion? No,no...I claim to have no idea what they are talking about and let's get back to the lesson...

MrPromey

Oh, sure, Promey, when I ask a student to spit out her gum and she responds she prefers to swallow, and it becomes a huge discussion, YOU think I should weigh-in with an opinion? No,no...I claim to have no idea what they are talking about and let's get back to the lesson...

... Or when a student comes up to your desk and says "can you explain what that word means" you just stare at them blankly and say go sit back down and be quite. I know your type. I was taught by a few of them. You are starting to sound like Mrs. "No Gum Chum" to me now. next comes the hair!..

mightyduck

Originally posted by MrPromey

... Or when a student comes up to your desk and says "can you explain what that word means" you just stare at them blankly and say go sit back down and be quite. I know your type. I was taught by a few of them. You are starting to sound like Mrs. "No Gum Chum" to me now. next comes the hair!..

I defined all their words until they asked me about "er." then I told them to go find a brit to clear it up, but I wasn't discussing it in class (I can just imagine the phone calls..."MsDuck, Promey says in class today you were discussing...") Yikes.

And the rule on gum is if I can see it, it's gotta go.

As for the hair, well, I can tease it up like Robert Smith of the Cure, I just never get that inclination...

MrPromey

I defined all their words until they asked me about "er." then I told them to go find a brit to clear it up, but I wasn't discussing it in class (I can just imagine the phone calls..."MsDuck, Promey says in class today you were discussing...") Yikes.

And the rule on gum is if I can see it, it's gotta go.

As for the hair, well, I can tease it up like Robert Smith of the Cure, I just never get that inclination...

Sure, you just go right ahead and pretend like you really don't know what I'm talking about :p

mightyduck

Originally posted by Herbie53

I love the Cure!

They put on a great live show. Somewhere there are pictures of me with the hair all teased up and the lipstick...I was supposed to be studying for finals, I think...

Tink

They put on a great live show. Somewhere there are pictures of me with the hair all teased up and the lipstick...I was supposed to be studying for finals, I think...

I saw the Cure in Denver back in the day. Robert Smith was awesome.

Just thought I'd share...:)

The Mom

Premium Member
Originally posted by sillyspook13
OK.... could somebody explain this?

My mom finds the parrot sketch from Monty Python's Flying Circus offensive. She got totally pi$$ed and tried to prevent me from watching that episode, or rather that sketch. She even yelled at me last night for having a part of the sketch written down, which I will possibly use for my signature on my posts. (that is, if she doesn't ban my use of the computer for having such offensive material on it:confused: )

I'm confused! I introduced my children (when old enough-certainly by your age) to the parrot sketch (and other Monty Python sketches) and don't see anything offensive in them.

mightyduck

Originally posted by Tink

I saw the Cure in Denver back in the day. Robert Smith was awesome.

Just thought I'd share...:)

Which tour was that? I saw them four times (I think) between '88 and '96...

Tink

I think it was the Wild Mood Swings tour - if that is what it was called. The tour was right around the time of WMS the album...

I have a tragic memory problem.:(

mightyduck

Originally posted by Tink
I think it was the Wild Mood Swings tour - if that is what it was called. The tour was right around the time of WMS the album...

I have a tragic memory problem.:(

Hmm. I think I might still have the tourbook from that show somewhere...

:)

Don't worry about the memory loss... I forget lots of things anymore...
:)

Tink

As a throw back to my angry youth, I did the whole RObert Smith thing - the hair, etc. I was the only girl in the stadium who looked that way and even Robert Smith (except for the hair) wasn't really into it as much as I was. Definitely a blonde moment. Everybody else had moved on and into the 90's but me.

Robert Smith, if I remember correctly, was wearing some kind of sports jersey.:confused:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom