Confirmed on-ride photos at SM

DaGoof00

Didn't we already know the Space Mountain was to include the addition of an on ride photo system? What's new about this?

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
I assume the postshow viewing area will be in the arcade? That is a long way to travel to see your photo with the timeing etc. I know there is a lot of space by the unload, but I just don't think that would be smart with the backup of people. Huh, interesting to see where it goes

forgive if it has been mentioned to the location. I'm on my mobile and can't scroll through the big thread.

WDITrent

^I think there is a rumor that they are reutilizing the monitors at the end of the speedramp. Of course, this would cause major backup. But if you think about it, timing wouldn't be that difficult. The speedramp keeps guests moving at a constant speed, for the most part.

hpyhnt 1000

^I think there is a rumor that they are reutilizing the monitors at the end of the speedramp. Of course, this would cause major backup. But if you think about it, timing wouldn't be that difficult. The speedramp keeps guests moving at a constant speed, for the most part.

Exactly. They could have the image follow you along the path. They could also just end the speedramp a bit earlier. Those monitors are at the very last part of the speedramp, so in theory they could cut out that last speedramp section and have you walk past the monitors, thus solving the problem of not giving people enough time to see their picture. :shrug:

RSoxNo1

I think putting the onride photo viewing area on the speed ramp is a disaster waiting to happen.

It's a narrow pathway, and unless the stop the speed ramp prior to the monitors (and somehow widen the area) it wouldn't work.

Now for the exit area and entrance area will they be able to pull trains off the track like in Disneyland?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
They could also just end the speedramp a bit earlier. Those monitors are at the very last part of the speedramp, so in theory they could cut out that last speedramp section and have you walk past the monitors, thus solving the problem of not giving people enough time to see their picture.
You`re joking? It`s the longest speedramp in any park. That would be a major cost and engineering project.

I dare say (and hope) any on ride would be shown in the arcade. That`s where you`d buy it. As said above having viewing on a moving walkway is asking for trouble.

Brian_WDW74

A little additional confirmation has been posted on the Disney Parks Blog today:

You should also know that a ride photo system will capture guests during their space flights on Space Mountain. It’ll utilize Disney’s Photopass, allowing you to access, share and purchase photos during and after a visit.

devoy1701

Your Both Wrong: Space Mountain is a Dark Ride.

A Dark Ride is a Family-Oriented ride that combines show sets, lighting, and physical experience completely inside a showbuilding. It's a Dark Ride. Also a Thrill Ride. You don't have to fit inside only one genre, you can add them up. For example a Dark Ride that is also a Thrill Ride, such as Indy, or Space Mountain. It's a pick and choose kind of deal, and Dark Ride is certainly under Space Mountain's roster. Also it is a very "dark" ride, I think that's what they meant.

i don't think Space Mountain fits into the terminology that we have all come to refer to as a "dark ride"

you also used the wrong version of you're in your post. :shrug:

popsicletrees

The camera is almost certainly located in a new re-entry tunnel with strobe lights, just like the new DL version.

I really hope not. When I rode the DL version last January, I found the picture to be in the most anti-climatic part of the ride. I realize that taking a flash picture during the ride would kind of ruin the point, but everyone just looked bored in the on-ride photos I saw.

hack2112

I really hope not. When I rode the DL version last January, I found the picture to be in the most anti-climatic part of the ride. I realize that taking a flash picture during the ride would kind of ruin the point, but everyone just looked bored in the on-ride photos I saw.
Actually, if you take a picture right at the top of the hill, it could help create the illusion of space, since you'll be blinded by the flash! :ROFLOL:

hpyhnt 1000

You`re joking? It`s the longest speedramp in any park. That would be a major cost and engineering project.

I dare say (and hope) any on ride would be shown in the arcade. That`s where you`d buy it. As said above having viewing on a moving walkway is asking for trouble.

Oh...nevermind then! Into the arcade it goes. :lol: :eek:

RSoxNo1

Actually, if you take a picture right at the top of the hill, it could help create the illusion of space, since you'll be blinded by the flash! :ROFLOL:

In Disneyland it's a flash right at the end of the re-entry tunnel. It's definitely blinding.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom