Concerns about the Matterhorn...

Phroobar

I think Disney should double down on Star Wars and turn the matterhorn into the hoth battle between the rebels and the empire. Instead of the yeti you can have vader trying to catch you.
Hoth Mountain: Escape from the Wampa. You are dragged up a mountain on your dead Taun Taun by the Wampa. You wake up and use the carcass to escape from the Wampa by sliding down the mountain. At the bottom you are found by Han.

lazyboy97o

I think Disney should double down on Star Wars and turn the matterhorn into the hoth battle between the rebels and the empire. Instead of the yeti you can have vader trying to catch you.
Hoth Mountain: Escape from the Wampa. You are dragged up a mountain on your dead Taun Taun by the Wampa. You wake up and use the carcass to escape from the Wampa by sliding down the mountain. At the bottom you are found by Han.
It’d have to be Dotuu, the new sequel trilogy planet that is similar to but totally not Hoth where the First Order and Resistance battle it out. Beware the Lampa, a new, also totally original snow monster!

Miru

It’d have to be Dotuu, the new sequel trilogy planet that is similar to but totally not Hoth where the First Order and Resistance battle it out. Beware the Lampa, a new, also totally original snow monster!

Pretty sure it’s Elsa, not the SW that we will be seeing stamped onto the Matterhorn. GE was an underperformer, wasn’t it? And I get the lack of originality in the new planets plus the pack of existing planets in the sequels.

SuddenStorm

Anyone have footage of these Pirates water explosions I've never seen or heard of? When were they?

Actually sounds like it would have been really cool to see.

disneyC97

This is hysterical...thanks for a morning laugh! 😂

Sailor310

Yep. Splash wasn't as bad either. On a cold day, I wouldn't go on Splash anymore. I'd have to think twice about Pirates.
Last time on Pirates, I noticed fiber mats rolled up and stuck on end next to the track on one of the drops. Perhaps to try to damp out the waves.

Chupaca Bruh

I have said, for a long time, they need to tear out all of Tomorrowland from Main St. to it’s a small world. Everything. The Monorail, Peoplemover track , Subs, Autopia, all the buildings and the exterior of Space Mountain. And the Matterhorn. Rebuild the Matterhorn while the old one is still open. The new one would be built at motor boat lagoon, next to small world, but have a couple of scenes on a slow section in the lower section before the lift hill, then be similar to the current layout, but smoother. Perhaps a small boat ride through the lower portion for those who can’t tolerate a mild coaster. Space Mountain could retain it’s exterior look or gave a veneer, or completely new exterior, to match a new design for tomorrowland, or Discoveryland, or whatever the want to put there. I believe the Matterhorn is worth the investment to rebuild as new, with upgraded effects and a longer ride time.

Miru

I have said, for a long time, they need to tear out all of Tomorrowland from Main St. to it’s a small world. Everything. The Monorail, Peoplemover track , Subs, Autopia, all the buildings and the exterior of Space Mountain. And the Matterhorn. Rebuild the Matterhorn while the old one is still open. The new one would be built at motor boat lagoon, next to small world, but have a couple of scenes on a slow section in the lower section before the lift hill, then be similar to the current layout, but smoother. Perhaps a small boat ride through the lower portion for those who can’t tolerate a mild coaster. Space Mountain could retain it’s exterior look or gave a veneer, or completely new exterior, to match a new design for tomorrowland, or Discoveryland, or whatever the want to put there. I believe the Matterhorn is worth the investment to rebuild as new, with upgraded effects and a longer ride time.

Another thing Matterhorn should add; on-ride camera. Same goes for Big Thunder Mountain Railroad and Indiana Jones Adventure.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom