Compulsive overplanner with lots of questions

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
I was exploring the DCL website tonight and found that you can pre-order your photo CD. The price they give for my 3 day cruise for all of the photos to be included is $194.95. Does this sound like the same price it will be onboard? It doesn't mention any discount for doing a pre-purchase, so I'm guessing it is the same price. If there is no discount, I think I will be better off waiting to see how many photos I actually like before deciding whether to purchase the CD or not.

Edit: I was looking a little further, and they do say that the online price is discounted. Anyone know the actual onboard price? They also say that if you are traveling with a party that is in multiple staterooms, that there is a 50% discount on discs for the additional staterooms after an initial full price one is purchased.

Last edited:

flynnibus

Premium Member
Logan, my 11 year old son, has expressed interest in both Edge and the Oceaneers Lab/Club. Will he be able to use both, or will they make him choose one?

My 8, and then 10yr old outgrew Oceaneers after her first trip.. and did edge when she was 10 and never looked back. Edge doesn't have have the wow factor the Oceaneer's facility has, but she bored of Oceaneers quickly at her age and maturity.

sweetpee_1993

Thanks! I may go ahead and pre-order it then, because it also states that you can cancel for a full refund once you are onboard.
When there, add up the # of shots you actually want x the per 8x10 price. If that number is more than the cd, get the cd. If not, get your pics on 8x10s (high res scan @ home) & take the refund. Don't be a slave to the photo ops because you prepaid it. We've done that & it's not really fun. ;)

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
My 8, and then 10yr old outgrew Oceaneers after her first trip.. and did edge when she was 10 and never looked back. Edge doesn't have have the wow factor the Oceaneer's facility has, but she bored of Oceaneers quickly at her age and maturity.
I figured he would probably like Edge better, but I know he will probably want to be around his siblings some too since this will be their first cruise and he tends to be very protective of them!

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
When there, add up the # of shots you actually want x the per 8x10 price. If that number is more than the cd, get the cd. If not, get your pics on 8x10s (high res scan @ home) & take the refund. Don't be a slave to the photo ops because you prepaid it. We've done that & it's not really fun. ;)
That was my original plan! So, that will not change even if I do pre-purchase the CD. I figure we will have lots of pics though because the kids are still at the age that they want to do lots of meet and greets! Doesn't mean they will be good pics, but there should be plenty to choose from!

sweetpee_1993

That was my original plan! So, that will not change even if I do pre-purchase the CD. I figure we will have lots of pics though because the kids are still at the age that they want to do lots of meet and greets! Doesn't mean they will be good pics, but there should be plenty to choose from!
Its a good plan! We purchased the cd early once & it was like we ran around saying "Photo spot! Let's get our $$ worth!" Not a good use of time. But we also had teens so most of the pics ended up being the old man & me. LOL! Not all character meets will have the Shutters photogs. Don't want you to be disappointed!

ChuckElias

While I think the DCL kids' facilities are fantastic, I have to be honest and say that my daughter also got tired of Oceaneer's Lab after one trip.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom