News Complimentary Annual Passholder Magnet Arriving Soon

DonniePeverley

Those "freeloaders" you love to disparage keep the parks going when times are tough.

And we spend, trust me. I drop well over $1K every runDisney race weekend. And that's just for race merchandise.

I doubt this.

But even if YOU do. The vast majority do not. They don't eat in Disney restaurants (why would they when they have a home nearby), they don't buy merchandise, they don't use Disney transport, they don't stay on Disney hotels.

The high spending tourist, brings in money to the airports, money spent on merch, money spend on food, Disney hotels, transport, shopping. The full works.

But these high spenders have their vaccation ruined by locals who for some insane reason are given a discount year pass to attend whenever they like (bar a few blackout dates). They bring in their pre prepared foods, bring in alcoholic beverages and don't spend a dime in Disney - using it instead as a back yard place to come and chill. Yet they contribue to the huge crowds, huge queues for attractions.

The worst sin is when an annual passholder goes up to the front to watch the night time shows for the millionth time. Why do they do that ?

Disney is hurt by them, as the big spending tourists then look elsewhere as it becomes a miserable experience.

If Disney fail to stop the annual pass, i suggest a few of the following as an interim measure :

1) An increase in the blackout dates.
2) No attending on weekends.
3) Not allowed to queue for premium attractions when attending on a AP ticket.
4) Not allowed to bring in their own food and drinks.
5) If caught taking up primary spots for nighttime entertainment they will face a permanant ban from Disney.
6) They must take their own rubbish home with them. They bring in huge levels of food and packaging to eat in the parks. Why should Disney pay to clear that rubbish up for them?
7) To keep things sweet give them an extra magnet and some pencils.

Last edited:

Indy_UK

AP Holders are incredibly important to Disney. It's guaranteed Gate income.

They may not spend more $ per trip than say someone who's international but to say they are a problem is wrong.

You say the parks become Miserable, it's not because of AP holders. Its because Disney is cheap and doesn't want to spend money to add CAPACITY which is desperately needed.

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
I doubt this.

And I doubt that you truly believe what you say, and you're just trying to ragebait APs.

They don't eat in Disney restaurants (why would they when they have a home nearby)

Oh god, yes we do. A few times a month for us.

they don't buy merchandise

Oh yes we do. We've never exited Disney property without some new merch. I can't look at any direction in my house without seeing some park merch, on top of which we have a kid, and so loads of his toys were purchased at the parks, as well as plenty of his clothes, and all of his crocs.

Disney, if you're reading this - pro tip: your toddler clothes run small, and your toddler clothes sizing system makes NO sense.

they don't use Disney transport

Like that's a bad thing. Disney transport is already crowded enough. We're doing you a favor.

they don't stay on Disney hotels.

Fair. But what's the breakdown of park guests who stay on-property vs off-property? Disney is losing out on their revenue as well.

Also, plenty of out-of-town APs stay in resorts (a day trip from Miami, the Keys, or the Panhandle is hell, and there's LOADS of FL resident APs there), and plenty of locals will do staycations on property.

We usually will do 2-3 weekend staycations each year at a deluxe resort. That's literally thousands of dollars we're giving to Disney knowing full well we have our own place half hour away.

brings in money to the airports
Umm.. I have status with AA, Jetblue, and Delta. On top of which most of our family is not local to Florida. The airport gets plenty of money from us.

money spent on merch, money spend on food, Disney hotels, transport, shopping. The full works.

Disney transport is free, so anyone using it is a "freeloader" by your definition. Unless you're referring to Minnie Vans, which is such a small operation that it might as well be statistical noise on Disney's earnings. Additionally, if you're referring to airport or rail, Disney gets no money from that.

But these high spenders have their vaccation ruined by locals who for some insane reason are given a discount year pass to attend whenever they like (bar a few blackout dates).

It's more than a few blackout dates. We have UO APs for when Disney's blacked out, or we go to the beach those days.

They bring in their pre prepared foods, bring in alcoholic beverages and don't spend a dime in Disney - using it instead as a back yard place to come and chill.

The only "pre-prepared foods" I bring in are snacks for my toddler, because when he wants a snack, IT'S NOW. Not wait until we can enter an F&B place. And it's literally a package of Gerber puffs that I bought at the baby care center on property during a previous visit. Otherwise, this is patently false.

Additionally, sneaking in alcohol can lead to your pass being revoked and you being banned from property, so as much fun as it is to think of doing that, we don't, because It's not worth it.

using it instead as a back yard place to come and chill. Yet they contribue to the huge crowds, huge queues for attractions.

The crowds would be insane with or without us. When the parks are busy, we avoid them.

The worst sin is when an annual passholder goes up to the front to watch the night time shows for the millionth time. Why do they do that ?

Because we waited early to see it. Nothing is stopping you from doing that, it isn't an AP perk.

Disney is hurt by them, as the big spending tourists then look elsewhere as it becomes a miserable experience.

Suggesting that a multinational multibillion-dollar corporation is hurt by some of its most loyal and highest spending guests actually spending money at the parks is laughable.

No

No

No

No

5) If caught taking up primary spots for nighttime entertainment they will face a permanant ban from Disney.
No

6) They must take their own rubbish home with them. They bring in huge levels of food and packaging to eat in the parks. Why should Disney pay to clear that rubbish up for them?
No

Yes

And finally, three questions for you:
1- Are you just jealous that you don't have an AP? You know that ANYONE can buy one. There's nothing stopping you from just buying one.
2- Are Club 33 members ultra freeloaders given how many more perks they get?
3- Are Golden Oak residents ultra-mega freeloaders, given how many more perks they also get?

Ayla

I doubt this.

But even if YOU do. The vast majority do not. They don't eat in Disney restaurants (why would they when they have a home nearby), they don't buy merchandise, they don't use Disney transport, they don't stay on Disney hotels.

The high spending tourist, brings in money to the airports, money spent on merch, money spend on food, Disney hotels, transport, shopping. The full works.

But these high spenders have their vaccation ruined by locals who for some insane reason are given a discount year pass to attend whenever they like (bar a few blackout dates). They bring in their pre prepared foods, bring in alcoholic beverages and don't spend a dime in Disney - using it instead as a back yard place to come and chill. Yet they contribue to the huge crowds, huge queues for attractions.

If Disney fail to stop the annual pass, i suggest a few of the following as an interim measure :

This deserves a few extra 😂😂😂😂😂

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I doubt this.

Billy Madison Shut Up GIF

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
I doubt this.

so how would you like them to handle DVC members who have thrown a massive amount of money at disney and continue to do so each month, come frequently, stay onsite, and are AP holders

should they be banned too?

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
I didn't realize what thread I was in, but, quite accidentally, was on topic!!
I mean, you don't need to steal them. I posted where you can find them for free.

Last time I went to the car wash (Sweetwater in Dr Phillips, on the corner of Sand Lake & Turkey Lake, a block from I4), there was even one of the older oval AP magnets just hanging out on a metal door (among countless other magnets that were "lost" to the car wash). It was shockingly clean for being several years old, so it came home with me.

IMG_2836.jpg

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom