Trip Report *COMPLETED* When We're Together - December 2021

"Sure it's nice to open a gift that's tied up with a perfect bow. But the greatest present of all was given to me long ago. It's something I would never trade, it's the family that we've made. 'Cause when we're together, I have everything on my list. And when we're together, I have all I've wished. All around the Christmas tree, there'll be dreams coming true. But when we're together, then my favorite gift is you."

"When We're Together" has held a special place in my heart since the first time I watched "Olaf's Frozen Adventure." It is even more special now that we have the gift that we prayed and wished for, for so long. I am so beyond thrilled to be preparing to take our son on his very first Disney trip, and I can't wait to take you all along with us!

Who: By this point, many of you know me (Katie) and my hubby Jason

20150A44-027E-4A2A-8AA6-7A09FC13C161.jpeg

And now we have a little sidekick, our son Lincoln! He will be six months old on this trip.

54BD54F1-AF04-44DE-9363-9D455134021F.jpeg

0002E393-3748-4AC9-81FB-E2C7EB5B28C8.jpeg

C4C4DF67-3618-4E7B-8F35-F7400ED03F25.jpeg

We will also be meeting up with some of my extended family while we're down there! My "Disney Aunt and Uncle" - they are FL residents and DVC owners; their son (my cousin) and his wife, and their son who is 8 months older than Lincoln. Not sure if I'll be posting any pics of the family on here, but you'll here about them I'm sure, so we'll call them Aunt D, Uncle B, C (my cousin), E (his wife), and CT (their son).

When: Saturday, December 11th - Thursday, December 16th! We normally do our holiday trip the week after Thanksgiving, but we postponed it this year so that we could meet up with the fam while they're down there.

D277C24D-D33B-4A1F-AE44-3091A8AA291C.jpeg

Where: Pop Century! Remember when I said that I didn't think Pop was worth the extra money over an All Star Resort?

We did enjoy the Skyliner for getting to/from HS and Epcot, although I don't know that it's really worth the price jump from the All Stars to Pop.

Yeah, I ate my words as soon as we started planning this trip. We want to be on the Skyliner route, since you can push a stroller right onto the Skyliner. I wouldn't be surprised if we drive to AK and MK to avoid lugging a stroller onto the bus! 😬

D3D6559B-F43A-4C05-AB2A-832B23ABCA05.jpeg

Why: A lot of people are probably questioning why anyone in their right minds would take a six-month-old to WDW. Well, first of all, I never said we were in our right minds. 😂 In all seriousness, this is something that we had discussed long before we even got pregnant. We've known for a while that our child would grow up going to WDW at least once a year (as long as we are able to financially make that happen 🙏), so we never saw the point in waiting until they were "old enough" to go on their first trip. We've always said that we wanted to wait until our first child was at least six months old before taking them for the first time, and Lincoln will be conveniently turning six months old on December 5th. Not to mention, he'll be essentially free! No, he won't remember this trip, but Jason and I will never forget it. Plus, that's what photos and videos are for!

We've set our expectations for this trip basically on the floor. If we get on one ride at each park, great. If we have to cancel our dining reservations and eat at the Pop food court every night, no biggie. We know we'll be spending less time in the parks than we have in the past, we're just excited to be going back! By the time we go back, it will have been a little over a year since we returned from our last trip. This is the longest we've gone between trips, so we are ready to be back in the Disney bubble!

Up next: Dining reservations and general plans

Last edited:

LeighM

If you aren’t religious then maybe it might not mean as much. Maybe Boma would be a better choice. Could you eat at Boma and then go to Epcot and just stand or sit in an area near the theater . You should be able to hear it going on if you are in the area, then you’d be able to do both.

That's what I was thinking. My Biergarten CP lunch is 1:10 and my Boma is at 6:10. There's no way I can do both buffets and the holiday kitchens. Well I could but I would be very full and sick at the end of the day LOL. I was hoping that the CP will remind me of childhood holidays. But I'm not sure if the price attached, and the time committment is really worth it. I'm torn. I'm hoping to see other's trip reports during that time to help me decide.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
That's what I was thinking. My Biergarten CP lunch is 1:10 and my Boma is at 6:10. There's no way I can do both buffets and the holiday kitchens. Well I could but I would be very full and sick at the end of the day LOL. I was hoping that the CP will remind me of childhood holidays. But I'm not sure if the price attached, and the time committment is really worth it. I'm torn. I'm hoping to see other's trip reports during that time to help me decide.

I'll be doing Boma dinner in about 10 days and Candlelight with a Biergarten lunch a couple days later.

LeighM

I'll be doing Boma dinner in about 10 days and Candlelight with a Biergarten lunch a couple days later.

Ohhhhh. Let me know your thoughts afterwards! My trip doesn't start until Dec 12th and I would want to cancel Biergarten with enough time for someone else to have it.

k8einwdw

Original Poster
I'm still undecided whether I want to cancel my dining package for Candlelight Processional. I have always wanted to experience it but, at the same time, I really don't want to lose park time seeing it. I have dinner reservations at Boma and it's too soon after the Biergarten lunch, plus the holiday kitchens, plus the cookie trail, and then to rush back to see the CP show. Boma dinner has always been on my bucket list so that's why I'm kinda leaning that direction. However, I think I'm also experiencing FOMO bc I've heard so much about the Processional 😂 I've only got 2 full days so I want to do as much as possible. So I've got a month left until our trip and I'm struggling with planning our days and with packing LOL. I've never been in December and bc it's such a short trip, we're flying without checked bags :oops: That terrifies me almost as much as flying!
We love the Candlelight Processional! Boma is there 365 days a year, the Candlelight Processional is only for a limited time.

k8einwdw

Original Poster
Less than 24 hours until we leave for WDW! If you’re thinking to yourself, “Katie seems like she has her 💩 together, I bet she’s been prepping and packing for her first trip with a baby for weeks…”

We leave in approximately 18.5 hours, and…

Thankfully, I did look at the weather forecast ahead of time. Most of Lincoln’s 6-9 month clothes are long sleeves and long pants, since we have seasons in Georgia. Our past few Disney trips the week after Thanksgiving have been on the cooler side. Not so much this year…

F576A0DB-3E3A-47C4-85C4-B1F017497169.jpeg

So, I got to do some last-minute shopping for some short-sleeved outfits for Lincoln. Here are some of his ‘fits for the trip!

765931F3-D468-4689-BF07-C55FFF8D4B1F.jpeg

And another development leading up to the trip…

2F4691B8-2AF2-472E-903C-1EF38CD0DD76.jpeg

Lincoln is now eating solids! We are doing baby-led weaning and have him trying one new food every day, so I've had to plan out what foods he'll be eating on the trip. Thankfully, he's just eating solids once a day for now, so not a huge deal.

The next time you hear from me, we'll be on our way to, or already in WDW! For now, I have to get to packing!

LeighM

Maybe we'll see you around! We leave Sunday morning. My friend, who is pet sitting for us, is coming in tonight, so I'm cleaning the house like a madwoman today and just sat down to read some trip reports. I needed a reminder of why I actually want to go back to Disney LOL (I'm in the middle of the fear of flying caused by claustrophobia anxiety/panic attack 😂 ). Tomorrow will be my day of packing. I still don't know what to pack for that either since we don't have any checked luggage this trip - just a personal item and carry on.....

k8einwdw

Original Poster
Best of luck in your last minute preparations! You can do it!

Maybe we'll see you around! We leave Sunday morning. My friend, who is pet sitting for us, is coming in tonight, so I'm cleaning the house like a madwoman today and just sat down to read some trip reports. I needed a reminder of why I actually want to go back to Disney LOL (I'm in the middle of the fear of flying caused by claustrophobia anxiety/panic attack 😂 ). Tomorrow will be my day of packing. I still don't know what to pack for that either since we don't have any checked luggage this trip - just a personal item and carry on.....
I hope everything is smooth sailing for you! Maybe we’ll run into each other, I’ll be the frazzled-looking mom with the cute baby! 😂
Wow! Have a great time and share lots of pictures :)
Thank you! 😊

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom