Trip Report **COMPLETED** We're 3 happy chappies, with snappy serapes. You'll find us beneath our sombreros! Sept 2018

*Record scratch* *Freeze frame*
tenor.gif

Yep, that's me. So you're probably wondering how I got myself into this situation.

Long story short... I'm no longer at Disney World :cry: Kaitlyn and I returned home last Thursday and have been settling into our new place and finally only got wi-fi yesterday. For those of you who didn't get around to reading my pre-trip report, my friend Kaitlyn and I moved into our first apartment a couple weeks ago, just a few days before we left on our trip to Disney. She moved from Saskatchewan to my hometown of Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada. We have been to Disney together once before in April 2015 in celebration of our graduation from University (along with 2 other friends). Kaitlyn has been back once since then, and I have been back to the World a few times since, including my family trip in February which my sister @krause wrote about.

Here's a quick review:
Who: Myself (Emily) and my friend, Kaitlyn. Here we are with the Big Cheese himself.
PhotoPass_Visiting_STUDIO_413302986965.JPG

Now, you may be thinking, “she says there’s only two people on the trip, but her title references the 3 caballeros”. Not to worry! We’ll get to that.
What: Pure, unadulterated Disney fun!
When: Thursday, September 13, 2018 to Thursday, September 20, 2018
Where: B Resort and Spa (a Disney Springs Resort Area Hotel with EMH and bus system).
Why: For fun, mainly. It was also a great way to kick off our being roommates!
How: With determination and by emptying our wallets :hilarious:

Our travel day on September 13th started early. After finally falling asleep around midnight, we were up and at 'em at 3:40AM and in the taxi on the way to the airport by 4:10. We were very much looking forward to the change in weather.
IMG_8945.PNG
IMG_8947.PNG

Luckily, Winnipeg's airport is both small and near the centre of city so it only took us about 15 minutes to get there (we probably could have been there a minute earlier but had to stop for a skunk that was crossing the road! I really wish I had got a picture of this) and were through security by 4:48, through customs and at our gate by 5:15!
IMG_8948.JPG

IMG_8950.JPG

We made it to our layover in Minneapolis by about 8:00. Our flight to Orlando boarded and departed just after 9AM. And, finally, we landed in Orlando shortly after 1PM.
IMG_8953.JPG

Fonorail selfie!!
IMG_8955.JPG

Coming up: Our first-ever attempt at Uber… good or bad?

AKemily

Original Poster
Hey guys, sorry I've been AWOL! I don't really have a good excuse :oops:

Let's move on to Day 3! It was an early day with extra magic hours starting at 8AM. We woke in time to make the 7AM bus and were on the bus by 7:09. The other nice thing about the EMH was that our bus didn't stop at Epcot first. The unfortunate thing is that the bus loaded a few ECVs and it took 35 minutes to get the park anyway. Oh well, that's why we got up for 7! And despite that, the Park opened extra early and we were on Na'vi River Journey by 7:46.

I always feel a weight lift off my shoulders when I see this tree.
IMG_9350.JPG

Here they are! The blurry photos you've all been waiting for:hilarious:
IMG_9353.JPG

IMG_9356.JPG

IMG_9357.JPG

My opinion didn't change much regarding this ride. I still think it's only okay. If I didn't get on it on a trip I wouldn't be upset, but it's a nice little ride. Kaitlyn's attitude is pretty much the same. She says she wouldn't wait more than 20 minutes for it. I have never waited that long but I wouldn't mind look around the line a bit more as it is very well done.

It was a beautiful morning in Pandora!
IMG_9358.JPG

IMG_9361.JPG

IMG_9363.JPG

IMG_9364.JPG

IMG_9367.JPG

IMG_9368.JPG

Coming up: We journey back from future and back to the past.

AKemily

Original Poster
Day 3: Animal Kingdom, cont'd...

Hello, beautiful.
IMG_9389.JPG

I love the look of Anandapur. It is so encompassing. It's even better when there's not a billion people in it.
IMG_9390.JPG

IMG_9391.JPG

If we weren't woken up by Dinosaur (NRJ certainly didn't do the trick), two spins on Everest certainly did:
PhotoPass_Visiting_AK_413305522555.jpg

PhotoPass_Visiting_AK_413305528464.jpg

This picture would be perfect, if not for the oil in the water! That is pretty bad. You know it's bad when it shows up this well on camera. I wonder if it was this bad before Rivers of Light? We enjoyed soaking up the view anyway.
IMG_9393.JPG

AKemily

Original Poster
After EE, we headed toward Africa for our favourite safari and our second fastpass of the day (one of the EE spins was our first, however I don't think it was needed).

Did you really go on Kilimanjaro Safaris if you didn't take a million pictures that look exactly the same as the ones you've taken in the past?
IMG_9395.JPG

IMG_9396.JPG

IMG_9403.JPG

IMG_9406.JPG

I have to say, the water looks inviting, but the stairs kind of ruin the illusion:facepalm:
IMG_9409.JPG

I hope Kaitlyn forgets to continue reading this:oops: That close up though.
IMG_9411.JPG

IMG_9418.JPG

IMG_9422.JPG

krause

After EE, we headed toward Africa for our favourite safari and our second fastpass of the day (one of the EE spins was our first, however I don't think it was needed).

Did you really go on Kilimanjaro Safaris if you didn't take a million pictures that look exactly the same as the ones you've taken in the past?
View attachment 320714
View attachment 320715
View attachment 320716
View attachment 320717

I have to say, the water looks inviting, but the stairs kind of ruin the illusion:facepalm:
View attachment 320718

I hope Kaitlyn forgets to continue reading this:oops: That close up though.
View attachment 320719

View attachment 320720
View attachment 320721
Wow that is some CLEAN water 😳 Do elephants really need stairs? They look a bit narrow for an elephant to use.

AKemily

Original Poster
After our safari (Kwaherini folks, Kwaherini!), it was high time for breakfast. We made a beeline to Kusafiri Bakery. The heat had really been getting to me over the last couple of days and I made the mistake of telling Kaitlyn the day before that I might buy a hat (a sentence I never thought I'd say and I hope to never say again!). All I heard for the next 24 hours was "should we look at hats?", "don't forget you need a hat" "what about your hat?" "look, Emily hats!":cautious::hilarious: Needless to say I didn't walk out of there without a hat. But in the meantime Kaitlyn volunteered to stand in the hot sunny bakery line while I went to find a table. I ordered the Egg, Sausage, Spinach, Goat Cheese breakfast wrap (which apparently I didn't get a picture of out of the paper) and an iced coffee. When Kaitlyn found me I saw she had ordered herself the Mickey cinnamon roll.
IMG_9423.JPG

IMG_9424.JPG

I thought the wrap was pretty good, although I don't know that I would be quick to get it again. However, if you love breakfast wraps this is a good choice! I was also suffering in the heat and eating was difficult at the time so I may have enjoyed it more had that not been the case. The iced coffee was good but quite sweet.

After that I couldn't take the heat or Kaitlyn's nagging anymore so we went in search of a hat. Here's another Kaitlyn picture:
IMG_3085.jpg

I suppose we also made a pitstop at the restroom as I took this picture of the monkeys painted on the wall, which I had never noticed before, but I found them quite cute/funny.
IMG_9425.JPG

And then we took a little walk around the Tree of Life trails. What's that? That's a girl in her new hat. :geek:
IMG_9427.JPG

Kaitlyn always walks way ahead of me (I guess I'm too slow) which is why she always ended up in my pictures. "Kaitlyn! Smiiiile!"
IMG_9429.JPG

IMG_9430.JPG

IMG_9432.JPG

Could Animal Kingdom get any more beautiful?!
IMG_9434.JPG

IMG_9435.JPG

AKemily

Original Poster
Wow that is some CLEAN water 😳 Do elephants really need stairs? They look a bit narrow for an elephant to use.
Seriously. I've never actually seen the elephants IN that pool. I always figured the steps were for the lucky CMs who have to occasionally drain it out.
For a little thing, she sure can motor (and you are extraordinarily slow 😅)
I am fast compared to NORMAL people (you and Kaitlyn are super not normal:hilarious::angelic:)

Cetta

I never wear hats too but I did buy one on our last Disney vacation...now I wear it on our annual zoo trip. I like your choice!

AKemily

Original Poster
Now try doing it live! 😉
Oh my goodness, I can't even imagine. #BowDowntotheLiveTripReportQueen

Lucky you ~ you can pull off wearing a hat! 😊
You make me blush :oops: I have never liked wearing hats.

I never wear hats too but I did buy one on our last Disney vacation...now I wear it on our annual zoo trip. I like your choice!
I'm sure I will be re-packing mine for my future Disney trips too - but will only wear it on the really hot days! Thanks!

AKemily

Original Poster
After buying my hat (it really helped a LOT to not have the hot, Floridian sun not beating down on my forehead all day, I will admit), we headed over to FotLK for the 11 o'clock show (it was only 11!... you guys I'm only at 11AM:facepalm::hilarious:).

:inlove:
IMG_9436.JPG

IMG_9437.JPG

We were pretty far back in the line when we got there but they assured us we would get in. Good enough for me! This show is so so so good :inlove: We were in the lion section which I couldn't remember being in before. I feel like I'm always stuck in the giraffe section. Mostly I took video so my pictures aren't all that great.
IMG_9440.JPG

IMG_9441.JPG

IMG_9442.JPG

(A-weema-weh, a-weema-weh, a-weema-weh, a-weema-weh...)

We then headed over to watch a show with real animals :joyfull:
IMG_9444.JPG
IMG_9446.JPG

IMG_9448.JPG

Heeey touc-y, touc-y. :joyfull:
IMG_9449.JPG

IMG_9451.JPG

The UP show was... interesting. I can't believe I'm saying this but... I miss Guano Joe :eek: The whole thing with Russell and Dug is just awkward. I felt like the theme of conservation was more obvious with the old show as well. All of the birds were the same, too, but that part is at least understandable. Ah, well.

Where to next?

AKemily

Original Poster
After UP we decided we needed lunch. We went over to Yak & Yeti to get my favourite Honey Chicken.:hungry: I always feel like this meal
hits the spot in the middle of a park day. So yummy! I also got an iced tea before remembering that it comes unsweetened in America :hungover: Who wants that?! In addition to it being unsweetened it was veeeeery watered down, I could hardly taste the tea. So it was a waste of like $5 and very disappointing, but at least I had my honey chicken.
IMG_9452.JPG

IMG_9453.JPG

Meanwhile, Kaitlyn's MDE app was showing ridiculous wait times. A longer wait for Dinosaur than FoP?!
IMG_3086.png

I'm pretty sure at least the Dino wait time was listed incorrectly.

We headed to the Maharajah Jungle Trek next where one tiger was feeling particularly relaxed.:oops:
IMG_9457.JPG

And that's the only picture I took:hilarious:

I believe someone mentioned on a thread recently about showering in the little random fountain thing near Kali River. Well...
IMG_9462.JPG

... it's not that far-fetched. I guess Kaitlyn was feeling the heat. I'm sure I soaked my hat as well.

Even after the shower, we couldn't take the heat any longer so we walked over to It's Tough to be a Bug. I always love this one and we didn't get to do it in February (this might have had something to do with the absolute loathing hatred (read: she's actually just terrified of it) @krause feels for it). Personally, I love sitting back and listening to the shrieks of terror from first-timers (and @krause). It's hilarious. That may be dark, but hey, it's who I am. Plus, the show never fails to remind me that if it weren't for the fact that bugs like the taste, we'd be out here wallowing in shoulder-high waste (shoulder-high waste!). Gotta love 'em.

You also look good.:cool:
IMG_9465.JPG

Now begins the saga of trying to make it to a Nemo show. We got out of ITTBAB shortly after 1:50. The next Nemo show was at 2. We considered trying to make it but the crowds in front of us prohibited us to do so. We decided ice cream was in order. We had got near to the Nemo show but not soon enough to get in so we grabbed some ice cream from the cart outside the show's exit. Kaitlyn went first and got an Olaf popsicle. The guy at the cart asked if she also wanted a Mickey bar that the last customer opened but didn't want because it was ever so slightly broken. :rolleyes: Umm yeah, we'll take that! I still got my Mickey ice cream sandwich and we sat down to enjoy.
IMG_9466.JPG

While Kaitlyn enjoyed her ice creams and I enjoyed mine, there was a very brave gecko that kept climbing on to Kaitlyn! Now I don't mind these little guys from a distance but it creeps me right out how fast they move. And this guy wouldn't leave us alone! If you see this little guy around AK, avoid him.:hilarious:
IMG_9467.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_9464.JPG
    IMG_9464.JPG
    119 KB · Views: 49

sheriffwoody

Unsweet tea is not the standard in ALL of America :hilarious:...it's mostly sweet tea where I live! You can get it unsweet, but I know very few people who do. I'm actually surprised they gave you unsweet in Florida...I mean it's technically the south, where sweet tea is like water.

LadyBelle

In the Parks
No
Unsweet tea is not the standard in ALL of America :hilarious:...it's mostly sweet tea where I live! You can get it unsweet, but I know very few people who do. I'm actually surprised they gave you unsweet in Florida...I mean it's technically the south, where sweet tea is like water.

Florida may be in the Southern US, but it does not know how to make a good batch of Sweet Tea. :cool: Besides, anything other than sweet tea is just brown water. :hilarious:

AKemily

Original Poster
This is good to know! Apparently I need to go to places in the south OTHER than Florida :hilarious: They sound like my kind of people:happy:
Florida may be in the Southern US, but it does not know how to make a good batch of Sweet Tea. :cool: Besides, anything other than sweet tea is just brown water. :hilarious:
Truth! :joyfull:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom