Trip Report **COMPLETED** We're 3 happy chappies, with snappy serapes. You'll find us beneath our sombreros! Sept 2018

*Record scratch* *Freeze frame*

Yep, that's me. So you're probably wondering how I got myself into this situation.

Long story short... I'm no longer at Disney World :cry: Kaitlyn and I returned home last Thursday and have been settling into our new place and finally only got wi-fi yesterday. For those of you who didn't get around to reading my pre-trip report, my friend Kaitlyn and I moved into our first apartment a couple weeks ago, just a few days before we left on our trip to Disney. She moved from Saskatchewan to my hometown of Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada. We have been to Disney together once before in April 2015 in celebration of our graduation from University (along with 2 other friends). Kaitlyn has been back once since then, and I have been back to the World a few times since, including my family trip in February which my sister @krause wrote about.

Here's a quick review:
Who: Myself (Emily) and my friend, Kaitlyn. Here we are with the Big Cheese himself.

Now, you may be thinking, “she says there’s only two people on the trip, but her title references the 3 caballeros”. Not to worry! We’ll get to that.
What: Pure, unadulterated Disney fun!
When: Thursday, September 13, 2018 to Thursday, September 20, 2018
Where: B Resort and Spa (a Disney Springs Resort Area Hotel with EMH and bus system).
Why: For fun, mainly. It was also a great way to kick off our being roommates!
How: With determination and by emptying our wallets :hilarious:

Our travel day on September 13th started early. After finally falling asleep around midnight, we were up and at 'em at 3:40AM and in the taxi on the way to the airport by 4:10. We were very much looking forward to the change in weather.

Luckily, Winnipeg's airport is both small and near the centre of city so it only took us about 15 minutes to get there (we probably could have been there a minute earlier but had to stop for a skunk that was crossing the road! I really wish I had got a picture of this) and were through security by 4:48, through customs and at our gate by 5:15!


We made it to our layover in Minneapolis by about 8:00. Our flight to Orlando boarded and departed just after 9AM. And, finally, we landed in Orlando shortly after 1PM.

Fonorail selfie!!

Coming up: Our first-ever attempt at Uber… good or bad?


Well-Known Member
Original Poster
... Arrival day cont'd.

Once at the TTC we made a quick pit stop to get my Canadian Resident Ticket activated, and then we were off!

Monorail selfie!

That’s right! We were finally here! Cinderella Castle was in our view!


I made Kaitlyn slow down a bit so I could take in all the sights, smells and sounds of Main Street U.S.A.




After soaking in the autumn-y, magical goodness we took a left into Adventureland. I was expecting to see a very skinny walkway along the bridge into the land but was pleased when we got to it and saw this:

No more construction! Woohoo!

Next up: Can you guess where we’re going?


Well-Known Member
Original Poster
...Arrival day cont'd.

Obviously we had a date with Captain Jack Sparrow! Here’s my very blurry proof:


While in line for Pirates we decided to make a mobile order for Pecos Bill. We were feeling quite hungry after a day of travel and we had a twenty minute wait to get our order in. I hit the “we’re here” button when we got off Pirates and the food was ready when we got there. This was the first time either of us used this system and we were quite impressed. Needless to say, it was not the last time we used it during this trip. Kaitlyn had the Beef Nachos and I had the Tacos 3 Ways - Chicken, Ground Beef and Spicy Beef Barbacoa. Kaitlyn liked the nachos but said she would have preferred them to be less spicy (however as she recounts this to me now she says she has a very low threshold for spice). I also enjoyed my tacos. The spicy beef was a bit of a gamble for me because I like spicy foods but do worry about foods being too spicy. For this reason I ate it first. I wish I hadn’t! It was my favourite by far! I expected the chicken to be my favourite and it was my least :( I think it tasted a bit like cilantro, which I really don’t like. :hungover:

While Kaitlyn finished her nachos, I went to the Pirates bathroom to fill our water bottles. Only, there aren’t water fountains there! :banghead: Oops. I feel like there should be water fountains at every bathroom. Oh well. I went back to our table and Kaitlyn was ready for our first fastpass. After a brief stop at the Splash water fountains, we headed for the wiiildest riiide in the wiiildernessss!:joyfull:





Coming up: Fantasyland fun!


Well-Known Member
Original Poster
...Arrival day cont'd.

At this point it was only about 4:20 and our next fastpass window opened at Splash Mountain at 5:05. We decided to make our way over to Fantasyland. We considered going on Haunted Mansion but the line was 35 minutes and it was about the same in temperature (Celsius, of course) so we decided to pass on waiting in the hot, outdoor line (does anyone else despise the beginning part of the Haunted Mansion line when you’re just under the tent roof in a crowd of people, or is that just me?). We moved on to cool off under the sea. The outdoor line area is so beautifully done. :inlove:



For some reason, this is my favourite part of this ride. I just think it's such a cute touch:





Next, we cooled off instead with a Le Fou’s Brew from Gaston's Tavern. I find these so delicious but am usually done about halfway through so sharing is perfect!

We ducked in to Bonjour! Village Gifts and I found a little ball with Belle and sparkles inside it for my niece (@krause, don’t tell her, it’s going in her stocking at Christmas). (And no picture, sorry folks:()


Well-Known Member
Original Poster
...Arrival day cont'd.

We started to wander back in the direction of Frontierland. I'd never noticed the crocodile weathervane before - so cute!:inlove:

We saw that Haunted Mansion had gone down to 25 minutes so we decided that was short enough to stand in the heat for a while. I believe it ended up almost being a walk on!


As we walked through Liberty Square I noticed the Great Moments in History muppet show happening. I had never seen it before so we slowed down to watch the remainder of the show. It was the one about the signing of the Declaration of Independence. As always, the muppets are great and I really enjoyed watching them!


When the show ended we continued our walk back to Splash. Frontierland was having a bit of a party, with characters leading the Hokey Pokey.

One of the greatest parts of Disney is you never know what you’re going to stumble upon next!


Well-Known Member
Original Poster
... Arrival day cont'd.

We finally made it to our Splash Mountain fp+. The standby line was 40 minutes or longer the whole week. We were sure glad to have fastpasses!







IMG_9054 (2).JPG



We had a fastpass coming up at SDMT so decided to hop on the WDW Railroad to Storybook Circus.


Well-Known Member
Original Poster
...Arrival day cont'd.


We had a little bit of extra time so we decided to partake in a first for both of us. That’s right, friends, it was my first time riding… Dumbo!



I was glad to know that it didn’t make me dizzy, however, I was ready to get off when it ended. It was fun to make Dumbo go up and down, and it has such a wonderful view of the Park! I would definitely do it again, thought it won’t ever be a priority. We did a bit of browsing in the Circus gift shop there, because they always have some pretty great stuff in there.

We then moved on to our SDMT fastpass. The guy in front of us appeared to be riding alone and was having a BLAST, dancing along to the music and everything. I enjoyed how much he enjoyed it.

After, we got in line for a 20 minute Pooh standby line… or so we thought. What was listed as 20 minutes ended up being about 35. Now this isn’t a terribly long wait but I find the Pooh line exhausting. The games are fun for the first 5-10 minutes and after that the noise just really starts to get to me.:( I think the couple behind us were even more done with the line. They had had a lot of problems with the MDE app all day and were tired of having to wait in another line that was longer than posted. I was glad at least that we hadn’t had their bad luck. This was only my second time riding Pooh (my first time being on my family’s trip in February) and I have decided… if I never have to ride it again I’ll be okay with that.:oops: I would do it if it were a walk on but the ride just really isn’t good enough to justify a wait. Sorry, guys. I really want to like it. I even think Winnie the Pooh is adorable (he’s even named after my hometown of Winnipeg and I work on the same floor as a Pooh Bear art gallery which I love) but I just don’t get this ride. I also have a deep loathing for the Heffalump and Woozles song. In my October 2015 trip my friend and I went as Robin Hood and Little John to MNSSHP and we went to Starbucks around 10PM. The CM there loved our costumes so much that she upgraded our drinks to a venti (XL for those who don't speak Starbucks) for free. Long story short, the caffeine really only wore off around 4AM and Heffalumps and Woozles was stuck in my head the entire night. I haven't really been able to forgive it for that. :hilarious:


Eeyore's so cute though. Just look at him, all concerned.:inlove:


Well-Known Member
Original Poster
...Arrival day cont'd.

After Pooh, we had about 30 minutes until HEA started but we really wanted a snack - Kaitlyn a Dole Whip, and me a Churro Ice Cream Sandwich from Sleepy Hollow. We parted ways, and I decided to meet Kaitlyn back at Aloha Isle. This was probably a bad decision considering how hot it was out and how meltable my treat was. Let’s just say, I was sticky. Sticky, but satisfied. This was quite delicious. I don’t know that I’ll repeat it, because it’s just a lot of churro by the end, but it’s a great one-time snack!

Once I reunited with Kaitlyn we headed to find a spot in the hub to watch HEA. We got there about 20 minutes before the show started. I believe the show ended up being delayed a little bit though because there was thunder and lightning in the air. It rained lightly during the show as well.




When HEA ended we had decided to wait and watch Once Upon a Time. However, the show was also delayed due to weather. At 8:56 they announced that it was cancelled. It was at this point I said to Kaitlyn, “that means we have 4 minutes to get on a ride.” We looked at each other - “SPACE MOUNTAIN!” - and took off. :hilarious: Once we made our way across the hub (we were on the Adventureland side after all), we had a clear shot in Tomorrowland. We broke into a run - and made it onto Space Mountain by 8:59. I believe it was about a 15 minute wait. There were a couple of girls that I found quite amusing waiting behind us in line. They were complaining about their travel buddies. It went something like this - “I don’t want to be around them ‘cuz then they’re gonna want to all go to the same park.” “Ugh, I know, they’re so annoying.” I figured they were talking about the high school group they were travelling with. But then, after the ride, while we were walking down the long path back to Tomorrowland - “Our brothers are so annoying, like they’re all ‘LET’S ALL GO TO HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS!’ it’s so annoying, like they have no respect for any of the rest of us.” “Ugh, I know, and mom is always up in the middle of the night snacking in bed - like what is she, a turtle?!?”. Um, excuse me? First of all, don’t bring turtles into this, and second of all, what?!? That makes no sense at all. I couldn’t help but get a kick out of them.

Kaitlyn clearly didn't get the thumbs up memo.:joyfull:

Coming up... the end to our magical arrival day.


Premium Member
This was only my second time riding Pooh (my first time being on my family’s trip in February) and I have decided… if I never have to ride it again I’ll be okay with that.:oops: I would do it if it were a walk on but the ride just really isn’t good enough to justify a wait.
I don't think we can be friends anymore....:cautious:


Well-Known Member
Original Poster
I don't think we can be friends anymore....:cautious:
Oh nooooooo:cry:

Never in my life have I heard anything remotely similar to that saying. It almost makes me think that they were talking just to hear themselves talk. Hahaha
Haha based on the rest of their conversation, I would agree with you! They totally lost me at the turtle thing.
I'm in!!! Great start!
Thanks so much!! Glad you're here!


Well-Known Member
Original Poster
...Arrival day cont'd.
What a great way to end our first day! We made our way out of the park, happy and exhausted.




B Resort of course picks up at the charter bus stops, so we made our way to the TTC by ferry. I believe we got on the 3rd ferry, so it did take a while.

I think we got back to the hotel right around 11PM and were probably asleep by 11:30.

Not too bad considering we sat on a plane half the day!

Coming up: Shrinking down to toy size.


Well-Known Member
Original Poster
Hollywood Studios opened at 9 this day so, naturally, we got up in time to catch the bus at 8AM. My notes said we were on the bus by 10 after.

We got to Hollywood Studios and took the looooong walk to the Park (although apparently our charter bus stop was closer than a lot of the resort buses!)




At around 5 to 9 we were shrinking down to toy size! (Eeek!:joyfull:)

Touringplans posted 21 minutes as our expecting wait time for SDD. Would it be accurate?


Well-Known Member
Original Poster
The end of the line was here. For those of you who have been to Toy Story Land, you know that this is not even near the entrance to the line, never mind near the front of it:hilarious:

We didn't end up waiting here long though, and the line moved forward quickly. The line split for people using child swap and the man ahead of us was VERY upset when a family behind us using child swap ended up a few people ahead of them when the line joined again. He yelled at the CMs saying that those people had been behind them. :rolleyes: Calm down, guy! It's 9AM and we're in the happiest place on earth! I can't imagine beginning my day like that (or any part of my day being like that). Soon we were weaving our way through the line:


I love how they have "pieces" of the roller coaster track scattered around.





It's just all so cute!! I love the details above where some of the stickers have been used. Even though it was only shortly after 9AM, I could finally appreciate what people were saying about it being too bad the line was outdoors. It was HOT and there was very little in the area to cool you down.

Unfortunately, our ride photo never came through but at around 9:30 we were on the ride (closer to a 35 minute wait than 21 but not bad!!) and enjoying Wheezy. (One other thing I appreciate about the line that I didn't get a picture of is Wheezy's box. It is labelled as a bath toy but has the disclaimer "*not for use in water" :hilarious:. I think it's a great back story for why Wheezy is, or rather was, wheezy.)


The nod to the Partly Cloudy short here is super cute too.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Top Bottom