Trip Report **COMPLETED** The Winter Slump Cure

Hey everyone
We just got back from a very last minute trip to Walt Disney World so I decided to write a trip report because I took enough photos :hilarious:

Who?
Just my Mom and I (Mary and Megan)
560137393.jpeg

When?
A very quick trip - January 23-26, 2020

Why?
A few weeks ago my Mom and I were staring out the window at a restaurant and it was so grey and depressing. All I could think about was sunshine so I convinced my Mom to go down to Florida for a weekend to get some sun :) Our winter so far has not been bad in terms of snow (yet...hopefully not at all) but the lack of sun every single day can get old (the winter slump).

Where?
Not many options when booking very last minute, but we ended up at the Yacht Club again which was great!
z5wrRTCIQu2zL8d0xvT+4Q.jpg

January 23, 2020
My Mom and I both had to work so we had an 8 pm flight. I was very lucky that I got out a little early because there was a major accident on the way home and it took me almost an hour with some weird back roads to get home. Thankfully the airport from where we live is the other direction on the thruway (but not thankfully for my Dad who had to drive back home in it after dropping us off). Anyway - we got to the airport around 6 pm and checked our luggage. There was a guy next to us who was about to pay $75 because his luggage was too heavy. The Southwest employees offered him a duffel bag for $25 which he could check for free. I thought that was nice!
Anyway - thanks to TSA precheck we made it through security in about a minute. The airport was literally dead. They actually had to start running the belt again because they shut it down :hilarious:
We stopped for some dinner at the Anchor Bar
We shared the appetizer sampler - wings, boneless wings, mozzarellas sticks, and fries :)
Zey4Oun3TSqDQ9G0BQBRDw.jpg

kqQ5EgqcQ3avZ31ZqMDybQ.jpg

Then we headed to the gate
DSC_0126.JPG

DSC_0127.JPG

IMG_1545.JPG

We actually boarded our plane on time which never happens when we have an evening flight.
We were seated in row 2!
gXNIBO9uRtOU1QjwcTOANA.jpg

New Grumpy Magic Bands
IMG_1550.JPG

Next up: more travel day

Last edited:

Minnesota disney fan

Thanks for your quick trip report:) It always gets me in the mood for WDW. We go in 2 weeks from today:) The 2 weeks countdown goes really quick, as I try to get everything together, after your TR I Am Ready:)

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Glad that there is a new TR around the corner ... and I've got to stop reading yours as I am waiting for dinner to cook - it's torture! ;)

:hilarious: I often think that as I am writing them - I am always hungry !!!

Thanks for your quick trip report:) It always gets me in the mood for WDW. We go in 2 weeks from today:) The 2 weeks countdown goes really quick, as I try to get everything together, after your TR I Am Ready:)

Are you all packed ? I am mostly but I am still waiting to hear the weather a little closer :hilarious:

Minnesota disney fan

:hilarious: I often think that as I am writing them - I am always hungry !!!

Are you all packed ? I am mostly but I am still waiting to hear the weather a little closer :hilarious:

Um, no I'm not all packed yet ! I have everything piled on the spare bed, but not in the suitcases yet. I don't know what's wrong with me? cause I always have things packed before this. I have sorted through the clothes once, but will do it again and remove some. I always seem to take too many clothes anyway. Next week I will have to get serious and get things done. Good luck with your trip:)

Ears to Disney

but the lack of sun every single day can get old (the winter slump).

You got that right! So much gloom here!

It was the Pro-Bowl this weekend (which maybe explains the crowds ? I don't know - it was WAY more crowded than I expected) and when we were in line we saw Stephon Gilmore. He used to play for the Bills which is why I even recognized him. Now he plays for a team that shall not be named.

How fun! I was thinking I wished I was there because Tre and Edmunds looked like they were having some fun at ESPN WWOS Complex!

need2go2wdw

Day 3 continued
View attachment 447857
Hey, that's me !
View attachment 447858
It was slim pickings for Fast Passes after this, so we got one for Philharmagic. Boy, was it needed. Every seat in the theatre was filled - I've never seen that before!
View attachment 447859
After this we sat in Liberty Square and people watched until it was our dinner reservation time.
There was someone famous there - we kept seeing people ask for his photo, but my Mom and I had no clue who it was. My guess was a soccer player since he looked like an athlete, but was definitely not big enough to be a pro-bowl NFL player. He looked to be built more like a soccer player :hilarious:
Then we checked in for dinner at Liberty Tree Tavern!
We were told they were running behind, but we got called right away and we were seated at our usual table for two which we totally predicted we would be at!
View attachment 447860
View attachment 447865
We were in the John Paul Jones room. All I can think of now when I hear John Paul Jones is the one guy who was on last season of The Bachelorette :joyfull:
View attachment 447866
Salad and rolls to start
View attachment 447867
View attachment 447868
We each got our own plate of food which is what happened last time we sat at a table for two. It is nice and definitely less food wasted this way! Turkey, stuffing, green beans, pork (we skipped this one we never eat that), cranberry sauce, mashed potatoes and pot roast.
View attachment 447869
The Mac and cheese came in a separate bowl.
View attachment 447870

Next up: more LTT

42ED372E-B8EB-4699-9116-B9CC0443A9EC.gif

😂😂😂

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom