Trip Report **COMPLETED** The Tale of the Three Backpacks

Hi all! As I am fighting through Disney depression I figured I would start my TR to see if it helps...:inlove:

Who?
The usual....my Mom (Mary) and I (Megan)
PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_406381236239.JPG

When?
January 17 - January 21, 2018 - originally it was supposed to be the 18th - 21st but the vacation creep hit us :inlove:

Where?
Originally we planned on staying at Pop Century but my sleep deprived self changed to the Grand Floridian while at the airport going home from our last trip :joyfull: We fell in love with it last trip and I found a decent rate so we switched. Also I am neurotic and was worried about staying at a value with all the kids during the peak of flu season
IMG_5395.JPG

Why?
Some little birdies told me they were going to Disney and it only took one mention on the forum to get me down there :joyfull::joyfull:

Day 1 - January 17, 2018
Our flight wasn't as early as our last trip so we were able to sleep in - only I was wide awake at like 6 am :joyfull:
So we got up and ready and did some last minute packing before heading out
Usual date pictures my Mom makes us take :)
DSC_7597.jpg

DSC_7600.jpg

Anyway we were out the door by 7:20 am and ready for a quick trip the airport. Only, it wasn't. It wasn't supposed to snow this morning so I wasn't even stressed out about it but it was snowing pretty heavily which turned our 15 minute drive into a 45 minute drive. I mean....people were driving like they had never seen snow before which was obnoxious! Thankfully we had TSA precheck (although security was dead anyway) so we got through security in like 2 minutes and we were back on track time wise.
We had some breakfast....our usual bagels!
DSC_7603.jpg
DSC_7608.jpg

My Mom wouldn't take a normal picture :joyfull:
DSC_7611.jpg

After breakfast we had a short wait to board our plane. We boarded quickly but sadly we were stuck de-icing for 20 minutes before we could even leave.
Gangs all here
DSC_7612.jpg

Magic Band twins
DSC_7613.jpg

Our flight was extra long for some reason...usually its like 2 hours and 20 minutes max and this time it was almost 3 hours o_O I'm sure the weather had something to do with it but it was annoying :joyfull: Everything felt like it was in slo-mo this morning which is torture when you just want to be in Disney!
First stop: fonorail!
DSC_7619.jpg

Next up: more airport fun

Rista1313

I think Epcot :cry: I'm excited for you to do the HEA dessert party!!!

I'm excited for being in the gardem with not so many people crowded around! My husband will have an ECV for the first time, and I know there is no way he would go sit in a huge crowd on the street to see HEA, so I thought the party would be worth the extra $$$ to eliminate that problem!

ksr99

Day 5 continued
:joyfull::joyfull:
My Mom is something else
View attachment 265129
View attachment 265130
My new hat says "My Happy Place" with a picture of the castle :)
View attachment 265135
With breakfast you get started off with some biscuits which were super tasty and fresh!
View attachment 265131
My Mom ordered....non surprisingly... a waffle :) She also got more strawberries and fresh whipped cream with it...just not in the picture
View attachment 265134
I decided to order something I would never order if I was going to a park (because its too heavy)...or in real life at home: Steak and Eggs.
View attachment 265133
I got my eggs over medium and it also came with Cheesy-Hash Brown Casserole. I wish I asked for a different side because I am not a huge fan of the onions in the casserole but it didn't matter because the other two things were more than enough! The steak was ah-mazaing! Way better than I ever expected out of a breakfast item! It was supposed to come with Chimichurri Sauce but I did not realize until after that I didn't get it. This was so filling that I don't think I even ate again until like 6 pm this day!
Yum....but also so filling that I don't think I could eat it then go to a park and on rides right away :joyfull:
We really enjoyed our breakfast and we will probably be back again someday but wow is it pricey (yes, yes I know I ordered a steak but the waffle was like $18 with the fruit and whipped cream which seems excessive).
Sadly after our breakfast we had to collect our carry-ons and head to the Tragical Express pick up spot
View attachment 265136
We felt extra sad because our next trip felt/feels so long away. Our ride home was uneventful aside from the fact that we made up for a scooter free bus experience with 13....yes 13!....wheelchairs on our flight making for a very long boarding and exit of the plane (aren't wheelchair people supposed to leave the plane last?!).

Next up: 68 days to go until whole family trip...I should probably get back to my PTR
:( stay longer so your tr can be longer too!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom