Trip Report **COMPLETED** The Tail of Slinky Dog

Hey everyone!
We have been back for a week now so I suppose it is time to start our TR!

Who
Just my Mom and I :) (Mary and Megan)
This is a picture from our last trip!
IMG_6554.JPG

When?
July 9-July 16 2018

Why?
To celebrate my 30th Birthday :)

Where?
The Grand Floridian :) - thanks to a pretty good bounce back or AP deal (I can't actually remember which one :joyfull: )

The title?
We are obsessed with Slinky Dog Dash - plain and simple :inlove:

Day 1 July 9, 2018
I had to work most of my usual day before we headed to the airport. Why is this day of work always the LONGEST day of work? o_O
My Dad was actually out of town for work so he couldn't drive us to the airport, but my brother in law Nick kindly offered to drive us (thankfully) :)
I was super stressed about leaving on time (I thought our flight was earlier than it was :banghead: ) hence my flushed cheeks :joyfull:
DSC_9825.JPG

Oh hey Nick
DSC_9826.jpg

Of course we made it to the airport, checked our bags and made it through security in little to no time :joyfull:
We decided to eat dinner at our usual airport dinner place - Anchor Bar :)
DSC_9828.JPG

DSC_9830.JPG

DSC_9835.JPG

We shared the appetizer sampler and some fries. Wings, boneless wings, mozzarella sticks :happy::hungry: I realize now this isn't the best of pictures to actually show the food :joyfull:
DSC_9836.JPG

DSC_9837.JPG

After our delicious dinner we headed to the gate to wait to leave.
Petey was ready to go :)
DSC_9840.JPG

Soon enough we were on the plane!
DSC_9842.JPG

Next up: finishing Day 1 (quick day!)

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Wow! A house is a big deal! Congrats! And I’m super excited to hear about slinky dog and the rest of your trip.

Thank you :)

Yeah it all boils down to Disney's ****ty IT. Sorry you experienced this, I just plan on my MBs not working now regardless. I find I'm slightly less disappointed that way...just slightly.

I know...that was my first time experiencing it but I guess now I am mentally prepared :bored:

Doc Disney

Original Poster
I am in too! We’ll be down there next month and I have my FP for the Slinky Dog ride ready to go! :joyfull: If only I could stop calling it the “Dingle Dog ride” in conversation! I don’t know why, but that is how it is programmed in my brain ... my 14-year-old has to keep correcting me. I can only hope it comes out right while we are in WDW, so I don’t sound like some silly newb!

And wow! Congrats on the new House that you now get to decorate however you like! I am guessing that you picked up some Mickey housewares while you were down in FL!!

Bahaha my Mom keeps calling Navi River Journey "Mystic Boat Ride" so I can relate
I am actually trying not to overdo it with Disney stuff in the house - I think? It will probably end up being mostly Disney :joyfull::joyfull:

So jealous you're back in WDW. I wanna go again. I even priced out a last minute weekend trip for next month. But we have a cruise next year so I'm trying to adult. I don't like it. And congrats on your house!!!

Ugh adulating is the worst :cautious:

LisaBelle

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom