• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Trip Report *Completed* The Rain Filled Graduation and Cancer Free Celebration Trip

mrdrift

Great report so far with some really good pictures. Will be watching for more report to come.

Minx

Advertisement
Loving your report! Can't wait for the next instalment!

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Absolutely following along! Thanks for sharing! Great TR so far!! Enjoy the stay!!
Thank you! I see that you are heading to Disney in the near future….have fun!

You're pictures are great :)
Thank you! I just got a new camera so I am pretty pleased with most of the pictures!

Still loving your report! Your parents are great. Your pics are fun. Looking forward to the next installment.
Thank you for continuing to follow, I love my parents they were especially funny on this trip! Are you going back soon?

CtDisneyGuy33

Great trip report! How was POFQ- I'm headed down in september and have read the sites, any personal insight??

What Med School are you going to again?

mouse_luv

Totally following along. Love the TR so far! Can't wait to see more. Also, congrats to you as well as your mother! :)

roropatches

Great report so far. Congrats to you on your graduation and that is great about your mom!!
I am hoping to take my folks down there next year... did you enjoy any of the interactive queues? You mentioned it can be annoying when kids won't stop playing and move up when the line moves... I was just wondering... I don't remember many (if any) interactive queues the last time I was there but they look interesting.. especially the mine train...

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Great trip report! How was POFQ- I'm headed down in september and have read the sites, any personal insight??

What Med School are you going to again?
POFQ is easily one of my favorite hotels, I really enjoy how small it is especially in the morning when there is only one bus stop so we don't wait so much time. I also love the pool, even though I am not a kid the slide is super fun haha. Its also super nice that there is a boat to downtown Disney. Lastly, the food in the cafeteria is pretty good…I have been to New Orleans multiple times and the food is similar in taste. I really don't have any bad things to say about it. I am in Residency in Buffalo through the University at Buffalo system!

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Great report so far. Congrats to you on your graduation and that is great about your mom!!
I am hoping to take my folks down there next year... did you enjoy any of the interactive queues? You mentioned it can be annoying when kids won't stop playing and move up when the line moves... I was just wondering... I don't remember many (if any) interactive queues the last time I was there but they look interesting.. especially the mine train...
Thank you! I guess the only interactive line I paid attention to besides Space Mountain (which is super fun computer games) was Winnie the Pooh. Winnie the Pooh was only irritating because it was almost like a little playground on the side as opposed to the others that are directly in the line. I missed the mine train one because I only went on once and it was via Fast Pass. I do think they are slowly making more lines interactive which is nice in most cases :)

roropatches

Thank you! I guess the only interactive line I paid attention to besides Space Mountain (which is super fun computer games) was Winnie the Pooh. Winnie the Pooh was only irritating because it was almost like a little playground on the side as opposed to the others that are directly in the line. I missed the mine train one because I only went on once and it was via Fast Pass. I do think they are slowly making more lines interactive which is nice in most cases :)
Yeah.. I have a feeling I won't see the mine train que simply because I already have fast passes scheduled for it (twice) and I do not think we will wait in line for it after that.. but the Haunted Mansion que looks cool and a few others too.....I don't remember Space Mountain having that either.. is that new? Or at least newish? I have not been since '07 and it seems so much has changed....

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Yeah.. I have a feeling I won't see the mine train que simply because I already have fast passes scheduled for it (twice) and I do not think we will wait in line for it after that.. but the Haunted Mansion que looks cool and a few others too.....I don't remember Space Mountain having that either.. is that new? Or at least newish? I have not been since '07 and it seems so much has changed....
Oh I forgot about the Haunted Mansion one! That one is fun too but you usually move pretty quickly through it. The Space Mountain one is rather new…it was there my last trip in Jan of 2013 but I don't remember it in my 2010 trip…doesn't mean it wasn't there though haha A lot has changed but most of it is for the best :)

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 2 continued:
We decided to go back to our hotel and wanted to spend time at our pool! The pool is one of my favorites at Disney…I love the slide. My favorite part is the fun little things kids say when waiting in line for the slide haha I had a full conversation with kids who were terrified to go down and I convinced them it was fun. Some of those kids were little bullies though. One kid kept punching my Dad in the back and then proceeded to push him down the slide haha

We then decided to check out Mardi Grogs the pool bar. I had a Mango Margarita…it was ok. I'm not a huge fan of frozen drinks and I'm not sure why I ordered it anyway. It was probably because I didn't know they had a full bar until like like 2 days ago.
At this time we finally saw my sister Jill and her boyfriend Nick. Their flight came in around 11:30 am and they decided to go to Epcot to introduce Nick to World Showcase
Jill was making this face because she didn't pack a change of clothes and ended up having to walk around Epcot in the heat so she was hot

Jill and Nick at the pool

At the pool I made dinner reservations on my phone for Paradiso 37. Jill and Nick had dinner reservations for Bongos downtown too so the plan was to meet up with them after for a drink.
We went back to the room to get ready before taking the boat down to Downtown DIsney
My adorable Mom waiting for my Dad to finish getting ready for dinner.

Everything is so remininsistent of New Orleans…I had just gotten back on a trip from there 2 weeks before this trip so it warmed my heart
Down by the river

When we got to Downtown Disney I was surprised that there was only one boat stop now and that they didn't drop you off at Marketplace. I was also genuinely shocked by how much construction there was. I read that there was a lot but I didn't think it was going to be as much as it was! The walls up everywhere was very weird and it made me not really feel the Disney Magic!
In any case we got down there a little early so we decided to walk around to T-Rex and look at the gift shop. We were going to walk around some more but we seriously can't handle heat haha So we went back to Paradiso and checked in early and they seated us right away. I was starving so I apologize I cut my food before I remembered to take a picture. My mom had quesadillas (basically her favorite food). They were very good! My mom wasn't feeling super great (we did a pretty poor job of hydrating) so she didn't eat much but wished she could have eaten more.

I had the Jalapeño Burger which was super good. It had guacamole on it which is my new favorite thing on burgers haha

My dad had the enchiladas (I think…?) They looked good, but I did not try them. I think my dad said it was good.

We were supposed to meet up with Jill and Nick for a drink but they weren't feeling well from the heat so they didn't end up making it to Bongos and stayed at the hotel. We all made the executive decision to go back to the hotel and pool after dinner because we were too hot haha. We swam a bit and waited for my other sister Betta to arrive.
She made it!

We took her to the cafeteria and she got the quesadillas which she said were good. I love most of the food in this cafeteria but the actual place tends to weird me out. As an example,

My Mom also got her first Mickey Bar, her favorite Disney snack!

After this we all went to bed, Betta's flight came in around 7:30 pm and the luggage was delivered to the room around 11:30 pm (according to my Dad…we were all sleeping haha) so not bad!

Next Stop: Epcot

CtDisneyGuy33

POFQ is easily one of my favorite hotels, I really enjoy how small it is especially in the morning when there is only one bus stop so we don't wait so much time. I also love the pool, even though I am not a kid the slide is super fun haha. Its also super nice that there is a boat to downtown Disney. Lastly, the food in the cafeteria is pretty good…I have been to New Orleans multiple times and the food is similar in taste. I really don't have any bad things to say about it. I am in Residency in Buffalo through the University at Buffalo system!
Very cool. I'm headed down with friends and I pushed for the POFQ after reading posts here and reviewing a bunch of sites. So, I'm glad it sounds like we wont be disappointed. And one of the selling points was the slide, so yes, I am a big kid. :)

Just saw the Go Bills tag - not sure how they will be this year. EJ Manuel and Sammy Watkins are good, but Stevie J was your best WR. Hope they will be exciting if nothing else..

Great report and pics!

LisaBelle

Thank you! I see that you are heading to Disney in the near future….have fun!

Thank you! I just got a new camera so I am pretty pleased with most of the pictures!

Thank you for continuing to follow, I love my parents they were especially funny on this trip! Are you going back soon?
I will be back in just 19 days. I CAN'T WAIT!!! We are staying at the Wilderness Lodge from July 13-21st. We will be celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary. We honeymooned at WDW and wanted to celebrate our 25th there with our kids. I am passing the time until the trip by reading trip reports. I hope to write my first ever trip report when we come back!

Top Bottom