Trip Report **COMPLETED** The "Hey what's your name" and "I want to ride Home Depot" Trip Report

Hey all
We have been back for just about a day now so I figured why not start the Trip Report!
Also, I'm on call this week so its probably going to be a pretty sparse week sorry!

Who?
Also I am feeling lazy so I'm making abbreviations for mostly everyone
Left to right: My Dad (Jeff) - D, my nephew Max - no abbreviation, my sister Betta (her real name is Elizabeth) - B, my Mom (Mary) - M, Me! (Megan) - no abbreviation, my sister Jill - J and my brother-in law Nick - N
IMG_6938.JPG

When?
April 27, 2018 - May 5, 2018 (B and Max from April 29-May 5)

Where?
Port Orleans French Quarter :) Our favorite moderate

Why?
Celebrating my Mom's 5 year cancer free anniversary! (oh, and it was J and N's honeymoon - aka familymoon :joyfull: )

Day 1 April 27, 2018
2 am...2 am came very quickly this morning...especially since the NFL draft started the night before and I couldn't sleep until we made our first pick :joyfull:
Nonetheless, up I got and got ready to leave for the airport.
We got fancy with our dates sign this time :inlove:
DSC_8328.jpg

DSC_8330.jpg

DSC_8332.jpg

DSC_8334.jpg

We shoved all 5 *yes 5* suitcases into our car and soon enough we were at the airport after a short 15 minute drive (bonus...no traffic at 3 am).
We got to the Southwest counter just after it opened and the one worker was OBSESSED with our luggage. She literally told us if our luggage doesn't show up in Orlando it was because she stole it :joyfull: Our luggage is Minnie Mouse...J actually has the same luggage and the worker was trying to steal hers too and then realized we were all related!
TSA precheck wasn't even open so we went through regular security which was only a bummer because it meant I have to take out my computer and iPad which is annoying :cautious::hilarious:
I was wearing my Wishes shirt that N got me for Christmas!
DSC_8342.jpg

May you rest in peace Wishes :cry:
IMG_6526.JPG

There actually weren't any food places open yet so we sat around a bit waiting for J and N to arrive. J actually lost her kindle because she didnt take it out for security (so TSA did) and had to go grab it after an overhead page alerted her of such :joyfull:
After she grabbed it we all went to Tim Hortons but that wasn't open yet either..
Finally 4 am hit us and our usual bagel place opened so we headed there :)
DSC_8343.jpg

I didn't take any pictures apparently but we shared a few bagels and got some water.
Soon enough it was time to board our flight. We got in line and we were like A20-24 I think. There were quite a few people ahead of us but I didn't say anything even though I knew they were probably after us. Eventually a woman in front of me did ask what their numbers were and the woman responds "Group A..." as if the rest of us weren't A :joyfull:. She then said what does it matter if we are all A anyway. The only reason I bring this up is because when we got up to gate to scan our tickets the Southwest worker kicked them out of line and made them wait until it was their turn (they were numbers like 40-41 or something). My Mom turned to me and said "burnnnnn." :joyfull::joyfull:
DSC_8346.jpg

Next up: arriving in Florida

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Oh no! Being sick on vacation is the worst! Your warning about Jill and Nick not enjoying Victoria & Albert's has me thinking it's food poisoning.
I hope I'm wrong! 😟

I can't take the suspense!
Put me out of my misery!

ahh sorry! I got super busy...it was indeed food poisoning

Just joining in and what a great trip so far! Max is a little cutie and I'm sure it was nice to have so many people to help with him so Betta could get some time too. I can't wait to hear what happened next!

Thanks for reading :)

Doc Disney

Original Poster
You both look very serious about getting Zurg :joyfull:

I'm always very serious about Buzz Lightyear :joyfull:

That picture of the sun setting behind the castle is so cool! It adds a futuristic/modern vibe to the castle and makes it fit in with Tomorrowland in some ways!

Thank you! Now that you say that it does indeed! It kind of looks like Space Mountain does towards the end of the day!

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Enjoying so far! Harper always passed out in her stroller too for like 2.5 hours! It was awesome time to just relax and take in the slower pace!

I'm way too impatient/can't sit still to not do anything haha that slowly killed me inside :joyfull::joyfull: I'm sure it would be different if it was my own kid though :joyfull:

UUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGHHHHHH, i feel your pain on the play area. My son who was 1 1/2 at the time would not go near it. My DW and I so wanted to play but he hates to get water in his face.

:hilarious::hilarious: I really was so bummed! He didn't like it when he was a baby either ... maybe next time! :joyfull:

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Well I got a bit behind here but now all caught up -

I’ve been looking for Brett aka guy behind the Castle (now behind the magic) for a few years and never spotted him - hopefully now his at HS that might happen. But if you don’t follow him how did you know who he was?

My sisters follow him and always talk about him! I think he said to them that he will be out and about more in HS until Star Wars opens!

What, you didn't make him go in a bottle so you didn't miss the bus?

:joyfull::joyfull: nope

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 5 May 1, 2018
This morning we woke up to the news that Jill and Nick were sick - with food poisoning :hungover: At first we assumed it was from Victoria and Alberts but Jill thinks it was actually the Edison they ate the night before because they felt sick before even going to V and A - which is why they didn't really enjoy their meal :cry: I felt so bad for them!
In general this was a slowwww morning waiting for everyone to get ready. Eventually we made it to the MK. The first picture I took was of this cute little slug :joyfull:
DSC_9020.jpg

The horses and Main Street cars were out and about
DSC_9021.jpg

DSC_9023.jpg

DSC_9024.jpg

DSC_9025.jpg

DSC_9026.jpg

We decided to head on IASW first - my Dad was very excited about it! :joyfull:
DSC_9032.jpg

This was supposed to be the day we were all wearing our breast cancer shirts to celebrate my Mom's 5 year cancer free anniversary. We debated about not wearing them and waiting until Jill would be there too but in the end we just decided to wear them twice :inlove:
DSC_9035.jpg

DSC_9038.jpg

DSC_9039.jpg

Next up: more IASW

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 5 continued
I should mention it was right around this time that we noticed my camera was having a hard time. It was not focusing or taking pictures. I noticed my memory card was nearing the end of its life so I changed it and that actually seemed to help.
We headed onto the Carousel next
DSC_9063.jpg

DSC_9064.jpg
DSC_9066.jpg

IMG_6717.JPG

IMG_6699.JPG

After the carousel our next FP window opened which was for 7DMT. My Mom and Betta went on it first while my Dad and I took Max. 7DMT actually shut down while they were in line but they were told to stay in line or they would lose their FP until it was "officially" closed :facepalm:
Since we had some more time than we anticipated I took Max to the Mad Tea Party!
DSC_9069.jpg

IMG_6707.JPG

IMG_6708.JPG

IMG_6709.JPG

He LOVED it! And somehow managed to figure out how to spin it :joyfull: I got a text while in line that the Mine Train opened back up again!
We actually made it off in time to meet up with my Dad and see my Mom and Betta come down the hill which Max loved! Max was about a half of an inch shy of the height requirement for the Mine Train but we figured it was better off that he not ride anyway :joyfull:
PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_8226315141.jpeg

Next up: more MK!

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 5 continued
PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_8226315179.jpeg

My Dad and I headed on the Mine Train next but our pictures didnt turn out (we were blocked by the people in front of us) :joyfull:
When we got off my Mom texted to say they were in line to meet Pooh and Tigger
PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_411316094041.JPG
PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_411316094043.JPG
PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_411316094048.JPG
PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_411316096406.JPG
PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_411316096412.JPG
PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_411316096415.JPG

Max really wanted to ride the train so we headed over there (having to sneak past Dumbo on the way :joyfull: )
DSC_9081.jpg

DSC_9082.jpg

Next up: more train and Mickey!

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 5 continued
More Mickey
PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_411318299304.JPG

PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_411318299308.JPG

Oh man words can not even describe how much Max loved meeting Mickey! It was soooo cute!
After Mickey we split up - my Mom and Dad and I stayed in the MK for lunch and Betta took Max to Epcot to see if she could get him to fall asleep in the stroller.
Betta first took Max to Contempo Cafe for lunch and she texted me to say that he was looking for Sonny Eclipse :joyfull::joyfull::joyfull:
He did end up falling asleep so she wandered around Epcot with him until he woke up. On their way out of Epcot he asked to meet Daisy but then proceeded to be terrified of her :joyfull: Of all characters it was Daisy that he didn't like!
:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:
PhotoPass_Visiting_EPCOT_411320529250.JPG

PhotoPass_Visiting_EPCOT_411320529254.JPG
PhotoPass_Visiting_EPCOT_411320529259.JPG

Anyway, back at the MK we headed just to the other side of Mickey for lunch!
DSC_9100.jpg

I found a reservation while we were in line for Mickey for like 20 minutes from then so I grabbed it! My Dad never ate here before so he was excited to try it!
DSC_9105.jpg

Bread to start...
DSC_9106.jpg

I ordered two appetizers to eat (eyes definitely bigger than my stomach this day!)
Zucchini Frite
DSC_9107.jpg

And Italian Cheese Dip
DSC_9108.jpg

Both were delicious but oddly enough neither are on the menu online :cautious:

Next up: more Tony's

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 5 continued
Short post to finish out Tony's
My Dad got the veggie pizza which he really enjoyed
DSC_9110.JPG

My Mom got the spaghetti and meatballs which she also enjoyed!
DSC_9109.JPG

And she got the picture she always wanted :hilarious:
IMG_6714.JPG

IMG_6715.JPG

IMG_6716.JPG

My Dad is a good sport - he did not want to take that Lady and the Tramp picture at all :joyfull::joyfull:
Anyway! We really enjoyed our lunch - as usual. Tony's always gets bad reviews but we enjoy it every time we go!
On the way out we stopped for a quick PP picture (as usual my Dad wasn't into getting a picture)
PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_411318181686.JPG

PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_411318181693.JPG

And back to POFQ we headed

Next up: pool time!

ronsouth1

Thank you! Now that you say that it does indeed! It kind of looks like Space Mountain does towards the end of the day!

i have to agree the sun setting behind the castle is a great shot!

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Oh no!!!! FOOD POISONING! That might be my very worst nightmare. I hope it didn't last too long for them.

I know ! My Mom and I decided to never eat at The Edison just in case :joyfull:

Oh poor N & J....that's awful. And OF ALL THE DINING EXPERIENCES THAT HAD TO GET RUINED....it was V&A.

I know!!! V and A is soooo expensive I feel so bad for them!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom