Trip Report *COMPLETED* No Ring (delayed), No Rivers Light, & Donald Duck’s the President

As I stir my pasta noodles for dinner, a single tear slides down my cheek. DEPRESSION. It’s cold, it’s dark, and I am home…this unfamiliar place that is not my Disney World hotel room. (PLUS WHY AM I COOKING?!) This cold Philadelphia air chills me to the core, and when I woke up this morning I contemplated chucking my cell phone out the window. I knew my alarm was waking me up for work, not to catch a Disney bus. What is this life?! WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY does it have to end?! The hardest part of planning, and changing your plans, and obsessing over your plans, and then finally living out your plans is the part at the end. The part where it’s all over, it’s all done, and going on a Disney website, or checking a restaurant menu is like pouring salt on an open wound.

As you can tell from my title, no I didn’t get my Disney World proposal and no I didn’t get to see Rivers of Light. Thought I would throw all the heartbreak right at you from the get go, so we can move on to happier memories. (This just means my boyfriend owes me a BIGGER diamond, and a trip back! Maybe when ROL opens?!)

I have just returned from the most fabulous trip to Disney, and I am already itching to go back. I am trying to convince someone, anyone (hello out there!) to book a weekend getaway… That’s the thing with Disney, they always leave you wanting more! Unless it’s it just something us Disney addicts feel, we are always eager for our next fix!

For those who don’t know me, I’m Nicole, and I love Disney World. I have loved Disney World for 11 years now. (This is how they start these meetings right?!)

FE835E30-2B05-42E3-AC2A-28B52A934E2B_zpssokjhylt.jpg

I was in the Disney bubble from November 4th to November 13th and it was not enough time. NOT ENOUGH TIME I TELL YOU!!! I stayed at Port Orleans Riverside and fell truly, madly, and deeply in love with this BEAUTIFUL riverside resort. My last two trips have been in July and August, and I think those trips (in the summer nonetheless) were MUCH less crowded. SO MANY PEOPLE! It was the end of a race weekend, the last week of food and wine, NJ teacher convention week, and election week. One word of advice, DO NOT EVER GO AT THIS TIME! (keep rereading the go at as goat LOL)

Let’s begin!

November 4th-

Our flight was not until 5:50 PM Friday night. I originally was planning to work in the morning, but it turned out I was able to take the whole day off. Of course I woke up super early with excitement, did all my last minute packing, and then stared at the clock for hours on end. Go figure!

CFF8A16B-E3B6-415B-8571-A9DADEE5B881_zpswmtft2zw.png

This text arrived and my anxiety immediately started kicking in. WHAT DOES THIS MEAN! Will we not have room? Will they downgrade us to a tent along the riverbank? Will I have to fight off alligators and zika mosquitoes while sleeping outside? My boyfriend tried to calm my fears, and decided we should get a move on it. Airport here we come!

SEPTA was on strike (public transportation buses, etc) so of course traffic was nightmare! I tried my hardest not to freak out and bite off all my nails before even reaching Orlando.

D1CFAF7B-AB66-4105-A88F-1B71C44450D5_zpsxlfnsmus.jpg

After what seemed like forever, we made it! Hustled through security and straight for the bar!

60AE4E92-A7BF-4E19-B268-91FBF98DFA7A_zpso0ftiut2.jpg

Round 1

03FBEE83-CACE-4B42-A55A-F71944EB8276_zpsx039ncow.jpg

Round 2

4887B6FC-ABF2-4CED-B60A-A02FC82E43BE_zpsrecgid4e.jpg

Round 3—oops?

2F886687-D05C-43E1-8645-E74B01EDE1F2_zpsgob94hfj.jpg

And our first food picture of the trip! Chicken tenders! My anxiety was so high all day that I forgot to eat, and I was feeling pretty tipsy. Food is always a good idea!

We paid our tab, and decided to wait by the gate for our magical plane to Orlando! TAKE ME HOME BABY!!!

8BABCCC3-8265-48BB-BCC3-E5DAF156EA33_zpshz79ihgu.jpg

Ummm.. where is our plane?

E6D9AC7F-8DA7-4399-9AC9-733C02DC834A_zpsujuaa1nn.jpg

Come to find out our flight is delayed until 7 PM… I was too hyper and couldn’t sit still so off we went to check out the airport shops and burn off some energy.

We stumbled upon this wonderful sight, and couldn’t resist.

C1D8A85C-A69F-4490-B307-E432C68FBC09_zpsza90wlol.jpg

3C5D42D8-2A0B-4C70-9686-13BFD45EC0CC_zpswsfgeqd5.jpg

So much for trying to stay hungry to use up those quick service meals tonight!

The time ticked by soooooooooooo slowly. We watched a woman scream at the American Airlines attendant because he was making her check her bag… SCREAM. She kept threatening him, saying she was going to call Disney and tell them he ruined her trip. There was a family standing beside us, and they told the father he had to go on a later flight because they oversold the plane, and even he didn’t go as ballistic as this woman. Getting to Disney is stressful people!

Soon I was admiring this stunning view. HAPPY PLACE HERE I COME!

E5E3526E-82C9-49A4-AFFA-0B9B9CFCF22F_zpsenw2unjz.jpg

And we’re off!

5BB8E543-68A5-47FC-8F92-6138612BE98A_zps2sdvsm7r.jpg

Our flight was quick and painless, and soon the announcement came on that we arrived in Orlando!! A little boy a few rows behind us screamed out “NOOOOOOOO, we went to the wrong place! We are supposed to be in Disney World!”

I showed my boyfriend what I pro I was at maneuvering through the Orlando airport, B side, you can’t hide from me! My Mickey turned green and all my anxiety from earlier in the day melted away. The familiar aroma of the Orlando airport, the big Mickey hands waving you home, the smiling cast member’s faces, it didn’t matter if I’d be sleeping in a river, I was here!

77C06C58-A998-4E94-96FF-EF2F9C4F016E_zpspqch4zsc.jpg

Our magical express filled up quickly, and I didn’t even mind that we were one of the last stops. I soaked up that arrival feeling, the feeling that a full trip is ahead of you, that this really is the ultimate moment of beginning, that the possibilities are truly endless. Plus, it gave me more time to answer trivia questions! I think everyone on the bus thought I was psycho with the amount I got right!

714FB09D-BCC2-41CD-BB79-D7DF229D4469_zpseyas2cwx.jpg

46DF5011-04CD-4D8F-AFBA-F965D692D8E4_zpssjj7tdnn.jpg

And off we drove into the night. Even though the sign wasn’t lit up due to construction, I still felt it. The transition to being “on property”. That butterflies fluttering in your stomach feeling, when you know you’ve truly been welcomed home.

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
Absolutely beautiful! May you always remember how blessed you are to have each other!!
Thank you! And I am sooooo thankful I get to marry my best friend :)

Beautiful! Just beautiful!
Thank you! :oops:

So beautiful!! Thanks for sharing!
Thank you! I wanted to share with everyone because WDW got me through my post Disney no ring depression, and I feel like ya'll are my friends! If I could invite everyone on the forums to my wedding I totally would! :p

Absolutely stunning!!! :inlove:
Thanks girly! So happy we get to celebrate being engaged at the same time! Have you started planning at all? Or just enjoying the move and I said yes feelings?!

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
Congrats again Disney wedding??
I wish! Joe's family is tooooo huge, big Irish Catholic family... so it would be wayyyyy too expensive. I told Joe one day we'll do a vow renewal there. :p

Wow, The photo's are great. Best for both of you.
Thank you so much!! :)

Lovely photos!

thanks for sharing!
Thanks, and that's quite a compliment coming from you :)

Can you go to Disney again soon?? I've read and re-read, and looked on your instagram at pics from this vacation like 3000 times (yeah I have no life, I know)!! I need another TR!!!

Edit - totally missed the engagement pictures on here... just saw them & they are BEAUTIFUL!! :cry::inlove:
Haha- I need to go back! Trying to work it into my honeymoon somehow. I caught Joe at a moment of weakness and he said we can stop on the way back... now just trying to find flights from a Caribbean island back to Orlando.. :geek::geek:
I need to get to Animal Kingdom! I need to see Rivers of Light! I wear my shirt all the time :)

So beautiful!!! Love the location, and you two look SO IN LOVE :inlove::inlove::inlove:
Thank you! Lake Ariel is pretty perfect.. I think it was fate LOL

To be honest, I kinda expected you to be wearing ears in at least one of the pics!! :)
Funny story- I wanted a pic in my ears and I made sure Joe packed his shirt that says "my favorite Disney princess is my fiancée" After reminding him a million times not to forget it, I forgot my ears :( :( Go figure LOL

Gorgeous:inlove::inlove: Thank you for sharing!!

P.S. LOVE your dress:happy:
Thank you! Took a shot and ordered two white dresses on line, thankfully it fit! Ha!

I LOVE THE PHOTOS....but I already liked them on your Insta. Always feel free to share here, we NEED updates like this.
:oops::oops::oops: You make me blush.

Absolutely beautiful pictures - if this is a glimpse of what the wedding ones will be like they are going to be stunning!
You were made for each other!
Thank you!!!! I am sooo happy! My twilight Disney wedding will hopefully live up to my imagination LOL ;);)

Thanks for posting your engagement photos. Not only are they beautiful it also bumped your TR so I got to enjoy reading it from start to finish over the last 2 days. You sure know how to do Disney!
Thank you for reading! I miss it so much, this trip was honestly soooooooo much fun and I think we accomplished a lot! I hate how fast trips go by :( Guess I'll have to reread to relive my memories!! :)

Awwwwwwwwww what great pictures!!! Love it. :inlove:Hope wedding planning is going well.
Thank you! Slowly checking things off my list! Can't believe how fast the time is flying! Just sent out our save the dates finally, and man writing 200 addresses made my hand want to fall off!

Great pictures of you and Joe

Max
Thanks Max! :happy::happy::happy:

Congratulations on your engagement. I'm a bit late to your trip report but wanted to say we were also in epcot on election day so I have been checking all your pictures looking for us lol. We're from Scotland and didn't try anything from the Scottish booth either:joyfull:
Haha! I swore I would try something! There's just too much food! My best friend is marrying a Scottish man next September and they all have been warning me not to drop anything because all the men will be in their kilts! Ha! I want to come visit there, going to tag along with my friend when she visits! Election Day at Epcot was the best place to be. :)

Absolutely beautiful, you Joe and the lake. Both of you make Lake Ariel look good. What a fitting place
Thank you! I agree :)

Those are such happy, beautiful photos! :) Congrats again to the both of you.

By the way, I loved the white lace dress you wore--very pretty.
Thank you!! :inlove::inlove:

Wow, just found your
TR and sat here and read it, what a great report. We just spent our 40th anniversary (May) at Disney and neglected to take pictures so seeing all the great pictures you took sure made me want to go back ASAP. Congradulations on your engagement. Disney wedding? Disney honeymoon? My wife and I spent our honeymoon (1977) at Disney, MK was the only park at that time, it has just gotten better over the years. No matter how old I get Disney brings the kid out in me. May you and Joe have a wonderful life together and many, many trips to Disney World
Thank you so much, your post gave me goosebumps! Hope I am celebrating my 40th anniversary at Disney one day :) It brings out the kid in us all, and I think the best in humans :inlove:

Ah! So dreamy! And you look beautiful. Quite a hike to Lake Airel for you! It was worth it though :cat:
Thank you! And yes, it's about a 2 and half hour drive from Philly! But it's a great weekend escape :)

Such beautiful pics! Congrats again to you and Joe! Is there a date set yet??
June 16th, 2018. Will be here before I know it! :jawdrop::jawdrop:

Beautiful pictures! Perfect setting...
Thank you so much :)

:inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove: LOVE! Congrats!

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 :inlove: back at ya! :)

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
I enjoyed reading your trip report more than 99% of the things that I've read in life. Thanks for sharing! I'm taking my wife and kids down in two weeks and your report has me really pumped about going. Best of luck with your wedding!

Thank you for reading!!! Glad I could get you pumped up for your trip! I hope you have the best time!!! :)

blreinsel

Thanks girly! So happy we get to celebrate being engaged at the same time! Have you started planning at all? Or just enjoying the move and I said yes feelings?!

I know!!! :joyfull: I've been a planning maniac already. :rolleyes: Dylan keeps saying, "we have two years. We don't need to decide XYZ right now." YES WE DO!!! :p I've been slacking a bit with the move craziness, but I'm slowly getting back into it. He thinks I'm nuts lol.

Second Star to the Right

Nov 7th

Dun dun DUNNNNNNNNN, the day we leave property. Would we ever return? Would Disney know I was cheating? It felt so wrong, but I couldn't help but be excited for the unknown. There's only ever one "first time". Joe and I were both heading into the the dark abyss. Lucky for us, @Longers offered to drive us over to the dark side (Universal). Isn’t that just the nicest thing? Reason number 34,583,439,349 why I love Disney. The nicest people love Disney too!

I made sure Joe and I were up and ready before our scheduled pick-up time. I couldn't be late for this very important date! Plus, it’s too hard to sleep in at the World!

B3B6D8F3-4955-42A9-9A12-C29497867952_zpsgyulysel.jpg

My "I solemnly swear I am up to no good" t-shirt… my Harry Potter wardrobe is not as stylish as my Disney one! I better step up my game!

Since we were ready with time to spare, it was the perfect opportunity to eat cake.. for breakfast. IT’S VACATION, DON’T JUDGE ME!

A99C773D-6DA2-4C84-88B3-CD590F1458BD_zpss7cvn22o.jpg

Joe’s dessert to go from Yak and Yeti was the NY style cheesecake, drizzled with strawberry and mango sauces. Of course, he forgot I didn't take a photo of it last night, and a bite is missing! JOE!!! HOW DARE YOU!! YOU MUST NOW SUFFER THE WRATH OF NICOLE!!! :banghead::banghead:
Mmmm.. I don’t know if it was just that good, or if it was THAT GOOD because this is what we decided to eat for breakfast. Those that get fat together stay together, right?

We were now on a sugar high, just in time to go meet up with @Longers! I was able to take some daylight pictures because we decided to meet up at the front of the resort.

90326E53-7357-4E98-9F31-EB3C56CB97D4_zps5kzot1fa.jpg

We strolled by the lovely Riverside pool. The pool would play this country, bluegrass style music, even when it wasn’t opened yet for the day! I thought it was kind of creepy! When there wasn’t anyone in the pool, it sounded like something from a horror movie (I am crazy) LOL; otherwise it fit the theme perfectly. It reminded me of the fact that River Country’s music still plays… OoOoOoOh creepy! :p

43C3EF44-E7ED-4D3A-B0E4-22D27FF113E9_zpsnadczej4.jpg

The beauty of all that is Riverside. Doesn’t this look like it could be a postcard sent to you from someone staying on the banks of the Mississippi? BE-E-A-YOU-TIFUL!!!!!!

55D253A9-1BE2-44B3-B271-1DFB2E7B71A6_zpssojo0usw.jpg

We waited for about 5 minutes before the best chauffeur of the entire trip picked us up! Sorry Disney bus drivers ;) I was able to pick up some tips from Tracey, me being a Universal newbie! It was cool to see the Universal resorts as we approached (HELLO CABANA BAY :geek::geek:), and the huge volcano they are building! I also didn’t realize just how close Universal is to Disney! I expected this long, long car ride, but it felt like we were there in the blink of an eye!

0054D70B-DB57-4664-ABEA-AF68D9B10905_zpsmgclrnww.jpg

We made it through the metal detectors without being whisked away to Universal prison, and said our good-byes and thank you’s to @Longers. THANK YOU AGAIN!!!

Joe and I were headed first to Islands of Adventure!

9878802A-2C4F-42C4-A24D-86FDEA1F87EC_zpslmnjtdsx.jpg

5B4DE5BA-EE55-4C2A-876D-428950F17669_zps44h8in5o.jpg

I sent the above picture to my friend, and her dirty mind told me to stop sending her inappropriate pictures at work. LOL!! It does look a little sketchy….

Our first ride of the day was…. THE HULK. I had heard so much about it, from friends, and blogs, and watching YouTube vlogs, I knew it needed this ride to be number one.

95247532-987C-4F5F-8E27-D0FAAB7030E0_zpsco8jogvi.jpg

HOLY HOLY OH MY GOODNESS YES BEST ROLLER COASTER EVER LET’S DO THAT ONE AGAIN!

1713F21B-E6F5-4A10-BF5A-5D25314F5F3E_zpsko20izrh.jpg

The first ride was only a 5 minute wait, so we of course, had to experience first row! It seemed so strange to go through a metal detector to go on a ride, but I didn’t mind it! They employees really know how to make it flow smoothly, and they were all super friendly! I don't know why I was expecting them to be intimidating and mean... We get up to the front to board, and the girl just getting off lost both her hair clips. Oh my goodness what was I getting myself into?

THAT FIRST BLAST! It was seriously the best thing EVER! I loved that I had no idea what to expect, it truly was such a good surprise! We were inching and inching up the incline, and then all of a sudden HULK SMASH! Joe and I both screamed our heads off! And the part where go you through the mist! That was sooooo cool!!!!! THIS RIDE IS FREAKING AWESOME!!!!! We got off, saw the wait was only 10 minutes, and went right back on.

1713F21B-E6F5-4A10-BF5A-5D25314F5F3E_zpsko20izrh.jpg

Who needs coffee when you can ride the Hulk? This has now surpassed my favorite roller coaster of all time, Nitro at 6 Flags Great Adventure. It Hulk Smashed it out of the park LOL

If we weren’t in a brand new park full of possibilities, I think we would have rode the Hulk all day! We dragged ourselves away and headed to Spider-Man.

674CDE43-771B-46DF-B0E6-E2750E6ADD80_zps5yqykkso.jpg

Again, this was soooo incredible! We both loved it! I loved that for every ride we had no idea what to expect, so we were going into everything with such open minds. The blind first time, nothing compares. Spidey saved us a few times with his web, from water to fire, to evil bad guys! I seriously don’t know how they do what they do!

After swinging about the streets with Spidey, it was time for more food! The cake seemed like it was forever ago. These superheroes must have massive appetites, or is that just Joe and I? :p

95645262-A2B5-4A9C-BEB0-B4B07410CF75_zpsjxtpjb5m.jpg

Although it wasn’t shaped like a Mickey, it was still pretty good. Gosh, it kills me to type this! (WHO AM I? I KNOW!!!)

And I was tempted by the people who ordered ahead of us, so thank you random strangers! Churros are an essential part of the food pyramid right?

44E07734-D302-43BB-8BC5-47E920D5456C_zpsg6jrfn8b.jpg

With full bellies, it was time for a tame ride (yeah, right who’s trip report is this?)… Doctor Doom’s Freefall. AHHHHHH! I screamed louder than the young boys who rode with us. I think I may have injured the eardrums of everyone visiting that day. Sorry!

It was hot, so when we headed into Toon Lagoon, we figured what the heck! Let’s ride the Popeye Barges. We thought it’d be similar to Kali, and boy we were wrong! Kali was nothing compared to this! You won’t just get wet, YOU WILL GET DRENCHED. We rode with a grandfather, father and son, and they were the best ride partners! They were from Ireland and to hear them laughing and screaming just brought me so much joy! We poked fun at each other when someone would get squirted or went under a waterfall, or rode backwards down a hill. I was seriously laughing so hard out loud that my stomach was hurting!

E88FEE07-B449-4846-8D7E-87A01D61B5F1_zps4foyangg.jpg

This was the aftermath!!

36D3A2BA-B47C-4F6A-97A3-83B83316D482_zpsq17xjxec.jpg

Joe and I had to go on the Olive ship right after, because there were water guns we could aim at the people coming down on the barge. Our Irish friends stayed on for another trip around, and they were cracking up so hard when they saw us manning the guns! Muhaha, we are evil, evil people!

5D064373-DCD3-4D05-A425-BB96146C0DFD_zpst1dxwyjm.jpg

We were soaked, but we were sooooo happy. :)

We decided since we were sopping wet already, might as well ride the flume ride. Ripsaw Falls was so much fun! It was so much longer than I thought it was going to be! Of course they stuck me up front, so I had no shot at staying dry… we feared each and every turn, and I had no idea when the hill was coming! From Princess to drowned rat, Universal was changing me!

We wandered around the Comic Strips for a bit, trying to catch every bit of sunshine. Would we ever dry?

32178BDA-3ACA-4DB1-90E2-3DE2A0D8AD21_zps0zqtifax.jpg

This picture cracks me up, not only for the thought bubble, but for the fact that Joe’s shirt is see-through wet. HAHAHAHA!

Our morning at Universal had us filled with adrenaline and extremely giddy. The dark side didn’t seem so dark after all….

I am over-the-moon excited to read your report on your Universal experience. Being a Disney die-hard for so many years, I never thought I would love a place as much as Disney, but Universal really has a huge piece of my heart. I am for all things Harry-Potter so Universal is just amazing in what they accomplished there. We will be going again in 195 days (but who's counting?!?!) and even though that it will be my 5th time in two and a half years, I get goosebumps every time I walk into the Wizarding World section.

Also, can we talk about The Hulk ride for a second??! My sister-in-law gave my no warning about the beginning of the ride my first time experiencing it, and she had us sit in the front row as well. I've never hated and loved someone so much at the same time. It was SUCH a great experience. I am legitimately jealous that you got to experience this all for the first time. I miss that feeling so much!

Second Star to the Right

Fast Forward to December 19th, 2016

Joe and I started dating May 19th, 2007. I usually dig into him every 18th of the month and remind him that tomorrow is 9 years and 4 months, 9 years and 5 months, 9 years 6 months etc. etc... You get my point! LOL... Joe usually shuts me up by promising to take me out to dinner or to the movies (Finding Dory, Inside Out, Zootopia, Jungle Book... they were all seen on a 19th :p) So Sunday, December 18th it's our usual conversation and Joe promises to take me for sushi for our 9 year and 7 month anniversary. Phew! Thought we were gonna hit a decade before he popped the question! :)

So it's a typical Monday at work, it's crazy, and I am exhausted by the time I get home. I pulled into the driveway and noticed that our Christmas tree was put up with the lights on... We hadn't had time to put our tree up yet; we were seriously slacking. (post Disney depression I blame you)

So anyway I walk in the door and Joe tells me he put up the tree and I need to go see if he did everything alright. I walk into the living room and notice there is only one single solitary ornament, Minnie and Mickey as the bride and groom. I was super confused and turned to Joe to see him down on one knee. I honestly don't even know what he said, I think I blacked out. He was asking me to marry him! I don't even know if I said yes! I can't remember. Oh what a moment! :) :) :)

Joe had my friend hiding behind one of our porch doors, and she was able to capture the moment. What a little sneak he is!

After calming down, Joe informed me that I did, in fact say yes. And then he told me my bridal Minnie ears would be arriving in 3-5 business days. I don't know which made me more excited. :)

46B27EC4-3307-46A2-ACDB-D210EE3ABED6_zpsjks1t5xt.jpg

BBDA4E88-F178-4E4B-9C27-DE37EFC83611_zpshdgjlrrz.jpg

7750DD0C-11AD-455F-947B-DD61EDBC30CC_zpsm8nibpjo.jpg

217B7673-23DE-40F9-8906-534FFC1090F3_zps3xvpa6ok.jpg

6D9EB495-3DCC-453C-8F26-BF54F5601976_zpsnptassnv.jpg

F538B898-54F0-41B8-8F0A-C14CC85A81DD_zps7oy36bys.jpg

6154EA87-AFF2-4070-B21E-D8E16F965563_zpssrouw2li.jpg

0B438DFD-F558-4BEB-8EC5-0C4300D509A4_zpsi72kwhh7.jpg

C36CC20D-6BCC-4B7B-9C54-E4ACF9606403_zpsbxmok8ze.jpg

AC1B6475-C84B-4BE1-93EB-AD6D9CAEA5C2_zps2hhzwppi.jpg

4DF3D469-4CAF-4198-9E4B-BA46FA7C2945_zpszcgmmubi.jpg

1D44C73A-DBA1-406F-A93C-3761B4999DE7_zpsaz42k0yu.jpg

68E509C1-4F5D-458E-81B8-2715DC7A283D_zpsylyyyzmz.jpg

98096D8B-46EE-4773-BEE2-98BEC3FA4957_zpspyvap8jg.jpg

Of course I had to run and paint my nails! No mickey heads! Oh well LOL

25EC3BFB-7665-46A3-B6D1-4651065F9864_zpsc5wvfpfn.jpg

My fiancé! My real life prince Eric. I am so happy and so in love.

ABE74C7C-087B-40D0-8990-000EA54A0E37_zpsj6eftztv.jpg

145AA08E-605E-4548-90ED-E4731E0B5B4F_zpsncyhrz9v.jpg

My heart is so full of love. SO FULL. I love you all. Thank you for all your well wishes. I honestly could cry with how much I love my WDWmagic friends and I am so happy I can share a happy "middle" of this trip report.

:inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove:

32CA190D-DA04-44C4-B68E-0346899E5185_zpsmdd6dtjg.jpg
I know I'm super late to the party, but I'm sitting here at work with happy tears streaming down my face! Glad my coworkers aren't anywhere around to witness this hot mess. What an absolutely perfect proposal!!! As much as I'm sure you would have loved getting proposed to at the World, I feel like this was so incredibly special and a big reason is because you had NO idea it was coming! The fact that had ordered your Bride ears in advance is amazing and means he might just deserve you after all!

Congratulations and the ring is GORGEOUS!!!!!!

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
My husband wore a kilt at our wedding and the saying is a true Scotsman wears nothing under his kilt. Of course I'm giving nothing away lol.
Hope you're honeymooning in WDW. Your photos are absolutely stunning.
I am my best friends maid of honor in September of next year and she’s marrying a Scotsman! He warned me not to drop anything at their wedding!!! Lol!! I am obsessed with outlander... trying to make my way to Scotland! I wish we were honeymooning in Disney but we are going to do Hawaii. The compromise was that I could go with my friend in January LOL. I will get there again with Joseph! ;)

You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret, all the best people are ;)

This quote ain’t nothing but the truth!!!!! :)

What's the statistic for correlation between people who are Disney obsessed and people who are entirely bonkers? :rolleyes::p

We are all crazy here! But I wouldn’t have it any other way! I love my crazy DISNEY lovers ;)

I love the mermaid fins in the last pic. :D

Thanks!! My cousin photoshopped that from a buoy! I love it haha

I think those subsets are mutually inclusive

Max

I totally agree with you :)

Oh my! I didn't even see that when I first saw that picture! Really fun effect! :happy:

I will tell my cousin her skills are on point! :)

I am over-the-moon excited to read your report on your Universal experience. Being a Disney die-hard for so many years, I never thought I would love a place as much as Disney, but Universal really has a huge piece of my heart. I am for all things Harry-Potter so Universal is just amazing in what they accomplished there. We will be going again in 195 days (but who's counting?!?!) and even though that it will be my 5th time in two and a half years, I get goosebumps every time I walk into the Wizarding World section.

Also, can we talk about The Hulk ride for a second??! My sister-in-law gave my no warning about the beginning of the ride my first time experiencing it, and she had us sit in the front row as well. I've never hated and loved someone so much at the same time. It was SUCH a great experience. I am legitimately jealous that you got to experience this all for the first time. I miss that feeling so much!

I LOVED the Hulk ride!! It’s still my favorite roller coaster that I’ve ever been on!! I was soooo happy that I loved universal! I feel like I’ve constantly read about the differences and the battle of which was better, and then the uni commercials are always about where kids go when they grow up... kind of like taunting Disney.. that I was sooo nervous!! But! Universal is a totally different experience and it is amazing!! I had so much fun at those parks! I think if I stayed on property there I would feel like I’m cheating, but just visiting for day trips seems innocent enough ;)
I want to go to volcano bay next! And we didn’t get to experience city walk as I wanted too.. so I just return soon!!

I know I'm super late to the party, but I'm sitting here at work with happy tears streaming down my face! Glad my coworkers aren't anywhere around to witness this hot mess. What an absolutely perfect proposal!!! As much as I'm sure you would have loved getting proposed to at the World, I feel like this was so incredibly special and a big reason is because you had NO idea it was coming! The fact that had ordered your Bride ears in advance is amazing and means he might just deserve you after all!

Congratulations and the ring is GORGEOUS!!!!!!

Thank you so much!!! It honestly was perfect, and intimate! I am super shy in real life, and I think joe thought it’d be better to propose at home. Glad you found my report!! :) hope it’s helping you pass the time at work! LOL

Second Star to the Right

I am my best friends maid of honor in September of next year and she’s marrying a Scotsman! He warned me not to drop anything at their wedding!!! Lol!! I am obsessed with outlander... trying to make my way to Scotland! I wish we were honeymooning in Disney but we are going to do Hawaii. The compromise was that I could go with my friend in January LOL. I will get there again with Joseph! ;)

This quote ain’t nothing but the truth!!!!! :)

We are all crazy here! But I wouldn’t have it any other way! I love my crazy DISNEY lovers ;)

Thanks!! My cousin photoshopped that from a buoy! I love it haha

I totally agree with you :)

I will tell my cousin her skills are on point! :)

I LOVED the Hulk ride!! It’s still my favorite roller coaster that I’ve ever been on!! I was soooo happy that I loved universal! I feel like I’ve constantly read about the differences and the battle of which was better, and then the uni commercials are always about where kids go when they grow up... kind of like taunting Disney.. that I was sooo nervous!! But! Universal is a totally different experience and it is amazing!! I had so much fun at those parks! I think if I stayed on property there I would feel like I’m cheating, but just visiting for day trips seems innocent enough ;)
I want to go to volcano bay next! And we didn’t get to experience city walk as I wanted too.. so I just return soon!!

Thank you so much!!! It honestly was perfect, and intimate! I am super shy in real life, and I think joe thought it’d be better to propose at home. Glad you found my report!! :) hope it’s helping you pass the time at work! LOL

I totally agree with you about Universal, as much as I love it, it is still no Disney. It doesn't immerse you and capture your heart nearly as much. If there was no Wizarding World at Universal, I would not feel nearly as strongly (and since that's where we got engaged, I also have a fairly strong affinity for it lol) but Disney will always be the place that makes me want to start researching and booking trips a year + in advance! It brings you pure joy, even through frustratingly long lines and hot days, hurricanes, etc. it's still magical. Like they say, a rainy day at Disney is better than a sunny day anywhere else.

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member
I love these lanterns! 13 lanterns, one for each of the original colonies. The details, I am turning into a puddle on my floor. I read in that same article about the shutters, that this oak tree was moved from somewhere else on Disney property in order to be placed in Liberty Square. It was, at the time, the largest tree they had ever moved. It looks so beautiful in it's home! See, Disney does care about trees!

Did you know that Disney has grown over 100 oak tress from acorn from the one in Liberty Square? Yes they do care about trees! @prfctlyximprct

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom