Trip Report *COMPLETED* No Ring (delayed), No Rivers Light, & Donald Duck’s the President

As I stir my pasta noodles for dinner, a single tear slides down my cheek. DEPRESSION. It’s cold, it’s dark, and I am home…this unfamiliar place that is not my Disney World hotel room. (PLUS WHY AM I COOKING?!) This cold Philadelphia air chills me to the core, and when I woke up this morning I contemplated chucking my cell phone out the window. I knew my alarm was waking me up for work, not to catch a Disney bus. What is this life?! WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY does it have to end?! The hardest part of planning, and changing your plans, and obsessing over your plans, and then finally living out your plans is the part at the end. The part where it’s all over, it’s all done, and going on a Disney website, or checking a restaurant menu is like pouring salt on an open wound.

As you can tell from my title, no I didn’t get my Disney World proposal and no I didn’t get to see Rivers of Light. Thought I would throw all the heartbreak right at you from the get go, so we can move on to happier memories. (This just means my boyfriend owes me a BIGGER diamond, and a trip back! Maybe when ROL opens?!)

I have just returned from the most fabulous trip to Disney, and I am already itching to go back. I am trying to convince someone, anyone (hello out there!) to book a weekend getaway… That’s the thing with Disney, they always leave you wanting more! Unless it’s it just something us Disney addicts feel, we are always eager for our next fix!

For those who don’t know me, I’m Nicole, and I love Disney World. I have loved Disney World for 11 years now. (This is how they start these meetings right?!)

FE835E30-2B05-42E3-AC2A-28B52A934E2B_zpssokjhylt.jpg

I was in the Disney bubble from November 4th to November 13th and it was not enough time. NOT ENOUGH TIME I TELL YOU!!! I stayed at Port Orleans Riverside and fell truly, madly, and deeply in love with this BEAUTIFUL riverside resort. My last two trips have been in July and August, and I think those trips (in the summer nonetheless) were MUCH less crowded. SO MANY PEOPLE! It was the end of a race weekend, the last week of food and wine, NJ teacher convention week, and election week. One word of advice, DO NOT EVER GO AT THIS TIME! (keep rereading the go at as goat LOL)

Let’s begin!

November 4th-

Our flight was not until 5:50 PM Friday night. I originally was planning to work in the morning, but it turned out I was able to take the whole day off. Of course I woke up super early with excitement, did all my last minute packing, and then stared at the clock for hours on end. Go figure!

CFF8A16B-E3B6-415B-8571-A9DADEE5B881_zpswmtft2zw.png

This text arrived and my anxiety immediately started kicking in. WHAT DOES THIS MEAN! Will we not have room? Will they downgrade us to a tent along the riverbank? Will I have to fight off alligators and zika mosquitoes while sleeping outside? My boyfriend tried to calm my fears, and decided we should get a move on it. Airport here we come!

SEPTA was on strike (public transportation buses, etc) so of course traffic was nightmare! I tried my hardest not to freak out and bite off all my nails before even reaching Orlando.

D1CFAF7B-AB66-4105-A88F-1B71C44450D5_zpsxlfnsmus.jpg

After what seemed like forever, we made it! Hustled through security and straight for the bar!

60AE4E92-A7BF-4E19-B268-91FBF98DFA7A_zpso0ftiut2.jpg

Round 1

03FBEE83-CACE-4B42-A55A-F71944EB8276_zpsx039ncow.jpg

Round 2

4887B6FC-ABF2-4CED-B60A-A02FC82E43BE_zpsrecgid4e.jpg

Round 3—oops?

2F886687-D05C-43E1-8645-E74B01EDE1F2_zpsgob94hfj.jpg

And our first food picture of the trip! Chicken tenders! My anxiety was so high all day that I forgot to eat, and I was feeling pretty tipsy. Food is always a good idea!

We paid our tab, and decided to wait by the gate for our magical plane to Orlando! TAKE ME HOME BABY!!!

8BABCCC3-8265-48BB-BCC3-E5DAF156EA33_zpshz79ihgu.jpg

Ummm.. where is our plane?

E6D9AC7F-8DA7-4399-9AC9-733C02DC834A_zpsujuaa1nn.jpg

Come to find out our flight is delayed until 7 PM… I was too hyper and couldn’t sit still so off we went to check out the airport shops and burn off some energy.

We stumbled upon this wonderful sight, and couldn’t resist.

C1D8A85C-A69F-4490-B307-E432C68FBC09_zpsza90wlol.jpg

3C5D42D8-2A0B-4C70-9686-13BFD45EC0CC_zpswsfgeqd5.jpg

So much for trying to stay hungry to use up those quick service meals tonight!

The time ticked by soooooooooooo slowly. We watched a woman scream at the American Airlines attendant because he was making her check her bag… SCREAM. She kept threatening him, saying she was going to call Disney and tell them he ruined her trip. There was a family standing beside us, and they told the father he had to go on a later flight because they oversold the plane, and even he didn’t go as ballistic as this woman. Getting to Disney is stressful people!

Soon I was admiring this stunning view. HAPPY PLACE HERE I COME!

E5E3526E-82C9-49A4-AFFA-0B9B9CFCF22F_zpsenw2unjz.jpg

And we’re off!

5BB8E543-68A5-47FC-8F92-6138612BE98A_zps2sdvsm7r.jpg

Our flight was quick and painless, and soon the announcement came on that we arrived in Orlando!! A little boy a few rows behind us screamed out “NOOOOOOOO, we went to the wrong place! We are supposed to be in Disney World!”

I showed my boyfriend what I pro I was at maneuvering through the Orlando airport, B side, you can’t hide from me! My Mickey turned green and all my anxiety from earlier in the day melted away. The familiar aroma of the Orlando airport, the big Mickey hands waving you home, the smiling cast member’s faces, it didn’t matter if I’d be sleeping in a river, I was here!

77C06C58-A998-4E94-96FF-EF2F9C4F016E_zpspqch4zsc.jpg

Our magical express filled up quickly, and I didn’t even mind that we were one of the last stops. I soaked up that arrival feeling, the feeling that a full trip is ahead of you, that this really is the ultimate moment of beginning, that the possibilities are truly endless. Plus, it gave me more time to answer trivia questions! I think everyone on the bus thought I was psycho with the amount I got right!

714FB09D-BCC2-41CD-BB79-D7DF229D4469_zpseyas2cwx.jpg

46DF5011-04CD-4D8F-AFBA-F965D692D8E4_zpssjj7tdnn.jpg

And off we drove into the night. Even though the sign wasn’t lit up due to construction, I still felt it. The transition to being “on property”. That butterflies fluttering in your stomach feeling, when you know you’ve truly been welcomed home.

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
Nicole! This is location is absolutely stunning! :joyfull: Sooo excited for you!
Thank you! The cocktail hour will be on a wood verandah type porch, and the reception is in a room with three walls of glass windows so all your see is trees! I am so excited! Thank you so much!!! :)

I can't get over that backdrop for a wedding ceremony. So pretty! I don't get any of that beauty in West Tennessee :arghh:
PA sounds a lot less exciting than Tennessee! Your photos are all beautiful, so I don't know what you're talking about! :p

Congrats on the date and setting!
Thank you so much! Now any of the other planning.. psh! Can I plan a Disney trip?! :p

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
Just thought you'd like to know that I had a dream last night that you and Joe lived 15 minutes from Disney.. I saw you there and the two of you were having a "Disney date night." It's meant to be. ;)
AHHHHHHHHHH! I am wishing on every star that your dream comes true! Were we about 85 in your dream LOL.. I already told Joe we are retiring and working for Disney! I would love a Disney date night, gosh why are plane tickets so expensive. I mean technically it's only a 2 hour flight so it could be done.... ;)

If your actual dreams are going to come true please, please dream that I live in the USA and 15 mins from Disney too :)
YES! The three of us need condos all in a row! We can take turns who drives to the park on which day, who gets to pick the meal, and who gets to decide the fastpasses.... my dream life is pretty awesome! :)
This cold and rainy weather is making me sooooooo Disney depressed. Wearing as much Disney clothing as I can get away with while I battle through :(

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
Congrats and the view is breath taking. Where is that, if you don't mind sharing

It's in Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania in the Pocono Mountains. The place is called Stroudsmoor, and I'm getting married at Ridgecrest! I can't wait! But then again... I can. Wedding planning seems much more stressful! LOL I'd rather be picking ADR's 180 days in advance at the crack of dawn! :)

sheriffwoody

PA sounds a lot less exciting than Tennessee! Your photos are all beautiful, so I don't know what you're talking about!
bahahaha that's why people pay me the big bucks :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious: Our side of Tennessee (west) is very flat and boring. I have to get creative since we don't have the beautiful scenery some areas have. I see friends shooting in the mountains and get so jealous. It's really all about the couple anyway though. They make the pictures stunning! :inlove:

Figgy1

Premium Member
It's in Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania in the Pocono Mountains. The place is called Stroudsmoor, and I'm getting married at Ridgecrest! I can't wait! But then again... I can. Wedding planning seems much more stressful! LOL I'd rather be picking ADR's 180 days in advance at the crack of dawn! :)
THNX for sharing I'm going to have to take a ride past it next time I go out to American Ribbon.

blreinsel

AHHHHHHHHHH! I am wishing on every star that your dream comes true! Were we about 85 in your dream LOL.. I already told Joe we are retiring and working for Disney! I would love a Disney date night, gosh why are plane tickets so expensive. I mean technically it's only a 2 hour flight so it could be done.... ;)

YES! The three of us need condos all in a row! We can take turns who drives to the park on which day, who gets to pick the meal, and who gets to decide the fastpasses.... my dream life is pretty awesome! :)
This cold and rainy weather is making me sooooooo Disney depressed. Wearing as much Disney clothing as I can get away with while I battle through :(

You looked to be about your current age so I'd say Joe needs to start packing the bags. ;) His Disney working days are going to come true a little sooner than he may think. Disney date nights are totally doable, even when living in PA. :rolleyes:

Oh my gosh YES. How perfect is this!? Don't forget to fit in a weekend to drink around the world. ;)

need2go2wdw

Omg I am so sad your trip report is over! I'm not gonna lie, I might start back all over again at the beginning! I love your reports! Your writing style is awesome, your enthusiasm is infectious and your sense of humor had me crackin up! We were there during your trip as well, actually November 2-9, and I scoured your pics searching for us in the background, but no such luck! The only day we were in the same place at the same time was Election Day, we were at Epcot as well. I completely agree with you about the crowds, it was way beyond what i expected! The food and wine word is definitely out!!! I am now sitting on 65 days until our next return home!

Congrats on your engagement and I look forward to the next report!!

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
bahahaha that's why people pay me the big bucks :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious: Our side of Tennessee (west) is very flat and boring. I have to get creative since we don't have the beautiful scenery some areas have. I see friends shooting in the mountains and get so jealous. It's really all about the couple anyway though. They make the pictures stunning! :inlove:

I hope we have nice engagement photos like the ones you take! Wanna fly to PA?! LOL.. or I can meet you in, wait for it.............

Disney. LOL :p But I do want to incorporate Disney into my pictures somehow if I can.. gotta stalk Pinterest!

I will get to Tennessee one day too! My girl Miley Cyrus was born there afterall! :)

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
You looked to be about your current age so I'd say Joe needs to start packing the bags. ;) His Disney working days are going to come true a little sooner than he may think. Disney date nights are totally doable, even when living in PA. :rolleyes:

Oh my gosh YES. How perfect is this!? Don't forget to fit in a weekend to drink around the world. ;)

I have told Joe your dreams are summoning us down to Florida. He said the next time we're going to Disney is when we have a child. Guess I better adopt a baby by tomorrow. LOL JK...

I need to get back soon to check out Avatarland.. you better be ready for your new houseguest! :)

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
Omg I am so sad your trip report is over! I'm not gonna lie, I might start back all over again at the beginning! I love your reports! Your writing style is awesome, your enthusiasm is infectious and your sense of humor had me crackin up! We were there during your trip as well, actually November 2-9, and I scoured your pics searching for us in the background, but no such luck! The only day we were in the same place at the same time was Election Day, we were at Epcot as well. I completely agree with you about the crowds, it was way beyond what i expected! The food and wine word is definitely out!!! I am now sitting on 65 days until our next return home!

Congrats on your engagement and I look forward to the next report!!

Ahhh! I wish we ran into each other! Thank you so much for reading! I honestly need to go back and read and enjoy my report as opposed to writing it! I want to relive my memories again :( :(

The crowds were seriously crazy! I think we were there for the perfect storm. End of Food and Wine, Election Day, Teacher's convention, and Veteran's Day. Gotta celebrate my birthday earlier next time! :p

I am so jealous of your countdown! I am itching to go back! My friend is suggesting we try to go for a quick trip in August... I am so tempted! I will live vicariously through you for now!

Thank you again :)

blreinsel

I have told Joe your dreams are summoning us down to Florida. He said the next time we're going to Disney is when we have a child. Guess I better adopt a baby by tomorrow. LOL JK...

I need to get back soon to check out Avatarland.. you better be ready for your new houseguest! :)

Joe is sadly mistaken. ;) He's crazy if he thinks he can keep you away for that long! I'm ready for my houseguest(s)!!! Even though I currently don't have anywhere for you to stay.. I'm still ready! :hilarious:

sheriffwoody

I hope we have nice engagement photos like the ones you take! Wanna fly to PA?! LOL.. or I can meet you in, wait for it.............

Disney. LOL :p But I do want to incorporate Disney into my pictures somehow if I can.. gotta stalk Pinterest!

I will get to Tennessee one day too! My girl Miley Cyrus was born there afterall! :)
DUDE. I will totally meet you at Disney World for engagement photos. :D I suppose you'd have to convince Joe too though :rolleyes: haha

I feel kind of bad that I didn't know Miley was born here. Makes since though! Good ole Billy Ray and his achey breaky heart. (fun fact: I always said it "anchy branky heart"...not sure what I thought that meant)

dancingtodisney

Hey! I just wanted to comment to say how much I enjoyed reading your trip report! You are SO GOOD at writing trip reports I always feel like I'm right there with you! Also congrats on the engagement that is fantastic news! I love your enthusiasm and pure love of Disney it makes me so happy while I read along. Reading one of your first trip reports was the reason I starting posting here and writing my own. I am a massive foodie too so it's great that you try so many places haha! Thanks for sharing! Now back to try finish my trip report lol

JeffR73

Fast Forward to December 19th, 2016

Joe and I started dating May 19th, 2007. I usually dig into him every 18th of the month and remind him that tomorrow is 9 years and 4 months, 9 years and 5 months, 9 years 6 months etc. etc... You get my point! LOL... Joe usually shuts me up by promising to take me out to dinner or to the movies (Finding Dory, Inside Out, Zootopia, Jungle Book... they were all seen on a 19th :p) So Sunday, December 18th it's our usual conversation and Joe promises to take me for sushi for our 9 year and 7 month anniversary. Phew! Thought we were gonna hit a decade before he popped the question! :)

So it's a typical Monday at work, it's crazy, and I am exhausted by the time I get home. I pulled into the driveway and noticed that our Christmas tree was put up with the lights on... We hadn't had time to put our tree up yet; we were seriously slacking. (post Disney depression I blame you)

So anyway I walk in the door and Joe tells me he put up the tree and I need to go see if he did everything alright. I walk into the living room and notice there is only one single solitary ornament, Minnie and Mickey as the bride and groom. I was super confused and turned to Joe to see him down on one knee. I honestly don't even know what he said, I think I blacked out. He was asking me to marry him! I don't even know if I said yes! I can't remember. Oh what a moment! :) :) :)

Joe had my friend hiding behind one of our porch doors, and she was able to capture the moment. What a little sneak he is!

After calming down, Joe informed me that I did, in fact say yes. And then he told me my bridal Minnie ears would be arriving in 3-5 business days. I don't know which made me more excited. :)

46B27EC4-3307-46A2-ACDB-D210EE3ABED6_zpsjks1t5xt.jpg

BBDA4E88-F178-4E4B-9C27-DE37EFC83611_zpshdgjlrrz.jpg

7750DD0C-11AD-455F-947B-DD61EDBC30CC_zpsm8nibpjo.jpg

217B7673-23DE-40F9-8906-534FFC1090F3_zps3xvpa6ok.jpg

6D9EB495-3DCC-453C-8F26-BF54F5601976_zpsnptassnv.jpg

F538B898-54F0-41B8-8F0A-C14CC85A81DD_zps7oy36bys.jpg

6154EA87-AFF2-4070-B21E-D8E16F965563_zpssrouw2li.jpg

0B438DFD-F558-4BEB-8EC5-0C4300D509A4_zpsi72kwhh7.jpg

C36CC20D-6BCC-4B7B-9C54-E4ACF9606403_zpsbxmok8ze.jpg

AC1B6475-C84B-4BE1-93EB-AD6D9CAEA5C2_zps2hhzwppi.jpg

4DF3D469-4CAF-4198-9E4B-BA46FA7C2945_zpszcgmmubi.jpg

1D44C73A-DBA1-406F-A93C-3761B4999DE7_zpsaz42k0yu.jpg

68E509C1-4F5D-458E-81B8-2715DC7A283D_zpsylyyyzmz.jpg

98096D8B-46EE-4773-BEE2-98BEC3FA4957_zpspyvap8jg.jpg

Of course I had to run and paint my nails! No mickey heads! Oh well LOL

25EC3BFB-7665-46A3-B6D1-4651065F9864_zpsc5wvfpfn.jpg

My fiancé! My real life prince Eric. I am so happy and so in love.

ABE74C7C-087B-40D0-8990-000EA54A0E37_zpsj6eftztv.jpg

145AA08E-605E-4548-90ED-E4731E0B5B4F_zpsncyhrz9v.jpg

My heart is so full of love. SO FULL. I love you all. Thank you for all your well wishes. I honestly could cry with how much I love my WDWmagic friends and I am so happy I can share a happy "middle" of this trip report.

:inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove:

32CA190D-DA04-44C4-B68E-0346899E5185_zpsmdd6dtjg.jpg

So happy for you! You two look great and make a cute couple! I wish you all the joy, success and love in your marriage and throughout your lives! May God Bless you both!

Sorry this is late...been away for a while. ;)

GoofyDadKB

Missing my mind...
Premium Member
Nov 9th

We got back to the room and decided to take a little catnap. We also watched the news, which I am not proud of! So much for ignoring the election, some things just cannot be ignored! I owe you, Stacy. I will watch a loop of you on YouTube to make up for being a traitor!

53C865E9-650E-4A6E-8002-6C79CB7F9C1B_zps67cdyhks.jpg

Joe was using this thing as a blanket (I don't know what this is really called) and I thought he looked like a mermaid! I was jealous so I made him take a picture of me as a mermaid too! LOL... I think his is more realistic!

AB43271F-E621-4CF4-AB5F-CEB05B7B95C1_zpsoitgv5ou.jpg

Joe looks like a mermaid, I look like a freak. And notice how we napped in separate beds. Haha, napping was reserved for own beds, we are the new Lucy and Ricky! LOL

After an hour snoozefest, we awoke starved. It's like we never eat! LOL
Now you can have the real thing!
https://smile.amazon.com/YUSHOP-Cro..._m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=PGAYVQWE1Q46KD8F884M
71u-QwT13eL._SL1001_.jpg

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
Joe is sadly mistaken. ;) He's crazy if he thinks he can keep you away for that long! I'm ready for my houseguest(s)!!! Even though I currently don't have anywhere for you to stay.. I'm still ready! :hilarious:
RIGHT!!! LOL! Our 10 year anniversary is May 19th, I'm trying to convince him to go for a weekend. If ROL is open, maybe I'll just go myself! Show him who's boss! LOL

Omgomgomgomg This is great news! Congrats on booking a date, and wow what a beautiful spot!
Thank you! Seems so far away, but like with Disney countdowns, I am sure it will fly by!

DUDE. I will totally meet you at Disney World for engagement photos. :D I suppose you'd have to convince Joe too though :rolleyes: haha

I feel kind of bad that I didn't know Miley was born here. Makes since though! Good ole Billy Ray and his achey breaky heart. (fun fact: I always said it "anchy branky heart"...not sure what I thought that meant)

Yes, let's do this! I will stuff Joe into a suitcase and surprise him with the destination :p

LOL to anchy branky heart, don't think I can ever listen to the song the same way again! Ha!

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
Hey! I just wanted to comment to say how much I enjoyed reading your trip report! You are SO GOOD at writing trip reports I always feel like I'm right there with you! Also congrats on the engagement that is fantastic news! I love your enthusiasm and pure love of Disney it makes me so happy while I read along. Reading one of your first trip reports was the reason I starting posting here and writing my own. I am a massive foodie too so it's great that you try so many places haha! Thanks for sharing! Now back to try finish my trip report lol
THANK YOU SO MUCH! :inlove::inlove::inlove::inlove:
I am so glad you joined the forums! And look, writing your own report! It's so much better to share the magic! I am glad I can keep people reading, thought for sure after the first day they would think I am strange and throw in the towel. At least we are all Disney fanatics here and people get where the crazy is coming!
I love trying new restaurants! I hope I try them all one day! I love looking at the menus and switching around my plans like a crazy lady if you couldn't tell already. LOL.. so many of the places I tried this trip were just too good. I want to go back! Looks like my next trip will have to be a month long to allow for old favorites and new experiences. :p

So happy for you! You two look great and make a cute couple! I wish you all the joy, success and love in your marriage and throughout your lives! May God Bless you both!

Sorry this is late...been away for a while. ;)
Thank you soooo much! I feel so much love from my Disney friends!!!

At least this wedding crashes would bring enough slushies to share, may also have to learn to make Butter Beer by then:angelic:
AHHHHHHH that would make for the ultimate wedding!!! :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom