Trip Report **COMPLETED** It's My Mom's Birthday (and it's still a hot one)!

Hey guys, since I essentially failed at making a live TR I will be doing a real one :joyfull::joyfull: I give all you live trip reporters credit! I kept forgetting!! To be fair, though, I have my hands tied most of the time taking videos for my YouTube channel :)

Who?
I'm sure you know but it was my Mom (Mary) and I (Megan)!
PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_403548362371.JPG

When?
August 8 - 13, 2017

Where?
The Contemporary!

Why?
Today is my Mom's actual Birthday but she can't get off easily on Monday's since its her long day so we went earlier to celebrate her Birthday - ish :)

Day 1 - August 8, 2017
My Mom had to work a half day so I impatiently waited to leave for Disney :rolleyes:. When she got home we checked our luggage, went for a walk and relaxed before my Dad got home to drive us to the airport.
The Gang was ready to go..:joyfull: We are weird I know!
DSC_5160.jpg

DSC_5162.jpg

DSC_5163.jpg

We left for the Airport around 3:30, got there around 3:45, and we had our bags checked and went through security by 3:50 :p I love the Buffalo airport!
We were starving since neither of us ate anything but breakfast so we headed to the Anchor Bar (birthplace of chicken wings). (PS For anyone not from Buffalo who wants to visit and try chicken wings let me know...I can name at least 10 spots better than the Anchor Bar :p)
DSC_5166.jpg

DSC_5167.jpg

We split the appetizer sampler like we always do :) Boneless wings, chicken wings and mozzarella sticks. So healthy! ;)
DSC_5172.jpg

After dinner we headed to our gate to wait for our flight. In the morning of this day there was a fatal hit and run right outside the airport which was sad enough but while we were waiting I found out it was one of my friend/co-worker's uncles. So sad :(. They still haven't found the guy driving the car either :(:(
We were watching the news while we waited to see if they had any leads and soon enough it was time to board the plane.
DSC_5173.jpg

DSC_5175.jpg

DSC_5174.jpg

Next up: Getting to Florida!

Last edited:

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 4
Oh joy...another super weird Photopass picture. Why are these a thing?
PhotoPass_Visiting_STUDIO_404115339748.JPG

And now a normal PP picture :joyfull:
PhotoPass_Visiting_STUDIO_404115363867.JPG

Our first FP was for Tower of Terror and we agreed to not talk ourselves out of it this time :)
DSC_5619.jpg

DSC_5620.jpg

Couldn't help but take some light fixture pictures :joyfull:
DSC_5622.jpg

DSC_5623.jpg

DSC_5624.jpg

We survived! (but barely ;))
PhotoPass_Visiting_STUDIO_8082320458.jpeg

I found out on this trip that I got second place in a photography contest I entered, and lost to a squirrel. So, I took a picture of one for next years contest :p:p:p:p
DSC_5627.jpg

DSC_5630.jpg

Next up: more HS randomness

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 4 continued
DSC_5631.jpg

We ran into the Stormtroopers on our way to our next destination. These are the pictures you end up getting when you are also trying to snapchat :joyfull:
DSC_5635.jpg

DSC_5637.jpg

Anyway, we headed over to One Man's Dream to see if there was a new preview. The Guardians of Galaxy M and G was listed as a 10 minute wait so we thought, hey why not? I planned on looking up some information about the movies before meeting Star Lord and Groot but it turns out there was actually no wait so we awkwardly went up to Star Lord right away :joyfull:. He had us do a dance and said we weren't dancing well enough so had Groot teach us one :) Luckily I somehow knew that Groot liked to dance so at least we weren't super confused. It was a cute M and G but I think we will avoid it until we actually watch the movies :p
PhotoPass_Visiting_STUDIO_404116584838.JPG

We were delighted to see that One Man's Dream was still playing!
IMG_4564.JPG

Random bench picture :)
DSC_5640.jpg

Next up was TSM!
DSC_5643.jpg

DSC_5644.jpg

Third track!
DSC_5646.jpg

When we got out of the ride we ran into some Toy Soldiers
DSC_5649.jpg

Next up: more soldiers

Doc Disney

Original Poster
No matter the weird shot they take you still look beautiful in the pictures.

I am loving this report but you are making me jealous that i am not going to disney. Man time needs to move or i will go insane.

Thank you, thats very sweet of you to say! Do you have a trip coming up?

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 4 continued
The soldiers were doing soldier training for kids, it was so funny!
DSC_5654.jpg

They kept talking about how behind the walls they were standing in front of was their new home :hilarious:
DSC_5657.jpg

Anyway, we finally headed out of this area. I had picked up a reservation for lunch but we had a bit of time so we decided to see how long Olaf's wait was. His wait was listed as 50 minutes but there was barely anyone in line so we knew better :joyfull:. The CM said it was more likely a 20 minute wait. We were in line for what seemed like forever because everyone in front of us seemed to be taking individual pictures :oops::rolleyes:
Finally it was our turn!
PhotoPass_Visiting_STUDIO_404118712012.JPG

I love that he is holding our hands! Anyway, we rushed out of there because we were going to be late for lunch. Where was lunch? 50's Prime Time!
DSC_5661.jpg

We were seated fairly quickly!
DSC_5663.jpg

DSC_5664.jpg

The waiter gave us a hard time about a few things (i.e. not setting all our napkins, not sharing everything, etc etc) but it was just enough for us since we don't like all the attention on us :rolleyes:
We probably should have split appetizers but I was dying to try the fried herb and garlic cheese and knew my Mom wouldn't like it so we each got our own :)
DSC_5667.jpg

That cheese was SO good!! I'm so happy I tried it :) I'm partial to cheese so I was bound to like it :joyfull:
My Mom got the beer-battered onion rings. These were yummy as well :)
DSC_5668.jpg

For an entree we split Aunt Liz's fried chicken :)
DSC_5669.jpg

Sorry its kind of blurry but I promise it was good :)
There was a table with three kids next to us and the little boy kept kicking my Mom because he was climbing on the booth that our table shared with theirs. For sure the parents saw it and didn't say anything :confused::mad:
Anyway for dessert my Mom ordered the hot fudge sundae. I'm not into ice cream that much so I had a few bites only because our waiter said we had to share :joyfull:
DSC_5670.jpg

After our yummy meal we headed out of the park and back to the Contemporary :)

Next up : pool time

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 4 continued
We had two bus drivers on the way back...this one wasn't doing anything so I'm assuming the one who was actually driving was nearing the end of his training :joyfull:
IMG_4566.JPG

Back at the hotel we headed down to the pool to swim. We were curious about the quiet pool so we looked at that for a minute (it looked boring) then happened upon the games they have set out so we stopped to play Cornhole
DSCF2410.JPG

DSCF2406.JPG

My Mom would like everyone to know she won :joyfull:. She won 7-0 actually :p I have zero coordination so no surprise there :) She wanted to make it a point since I always win at Toy Story and almost always on Buzz Lightyear :rolleyes:
After our nice break we headed to the MK :) The walkway is so nice...but the 10 minute walk can be a little much in the heat - just saying :)
DSC_5675.jpg

Hello Mickey - he's just on the sidewalk along the way
DSC_5676.jpg

We of course stopped for a Photopass picture :)
PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_404127601469.JPG

PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_404127601476.JPG

I made us a FP for POTC so we went there first
DSC_5679.jpg

We got a ride picture full of other people so I won't share it :joyfull:
We always have to send a picture to my Dad of me holding something from the gift shop :)
IMG_4567.JPG

Before we even left for the MK I put in a mobile order at the Columbia Harbor House for dinner :) On our way over there I hit "I'm here" and it was ready just about a minute after arriving to the restaurant. We had such a big lunch that we decided to just split the chicken nuggets :)
DSC_5684.jpg

They were just as good as usual :) I highly recommend mobile ordering! I especially like it that you can order it at any time of the day and just let them know when you are there!

Next up: IASW

Last edited:

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 4 continued
I don't think I ever noticed this cute Columbia Harbor House sign before :)
DSC_5685.jpg

Our next FP was for IASW
DSC_5687.jpg

DSC_5691.jpg

DSC_5692.jpg

DSC_5694.jpg

I think this cactus playing guitar is so cute :)
DSC_5700.jpg

Our next rolling FP was for Winnie the Pooh :)
DSC_5702.jpg

Number one hunny pot!
DSC_5704.jpg

We decided to get a snack after this so we headed over to Storybook Circus
DSC_5711.jpg

I choose popcorn (my favorite Disney snack!) and my Mom got a Mickey bar. I personally feel like the popcorn from the front of MK is the best but it was too hot to walk there :joyfull:
DSC_5712.jpg

Next up: more MK

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 4 continued
Mickey bar!
DSC_5714.jpg

Our next FP was for the Mad Tea Party
DSC_5715.jpg

DSC_5716.jpg

I think she was pretending to hold the teacup :joyfull:
DSC_5717.jpg

DSC_5718.jpg

IMG_4569.JPG

We had thought maybe we would stay in the MK until our evening plans but (as usual) the heat was getting to us so we decided to head out.
I like how my face is always so evident that I'm over the heat :p
DSC_5720.jpg

DSC_5721.jpg

On our walk back to the Contemporary we saw this brick...I thought it was so cute!
DSC_5722.jpg

Next up: crazy skies and WDW Magic meet up :)

Doc Disney

Original Poster
Day 4 continued
Back in the room we watched the ever changing sky. You could clearly see the rain was coming, it was just odd how the cloud actually looked :hilarious:
DSC_5724.jpg

DSC_5727.jpg

It poured for only a brief period of time then a beautiful sunset came around
DSC_5729.jpg

Anyway we had big plans for the evening so we hopped on the monorail to the Polynesian! The monorail was moving at an absolute snails pace...it took us like 20 minutes to get to the Poly :eek:
Anyway our big plans: a WDW Magic Meet Up! Funny, this is the second meet up I have had at the Tambu lounge :p I had a mojito to drink and my Mom had a Pina colava but I didn't take any pictures :)
As @blgauger already told you guys my Mom and I met up with her, Dylan, @sheriffwoody and her husband R (as she calls him :)). Meeting up with Disney friends is so fun!!! I feel like I already know everyone, even though I actually don't.:rolleyes: My Mom and I had such a great time getting to (officially) know everyone and to chat about Disney! My Mom and I were talking about how we couldn't imagine 3 years ago when I started writing trip reports just how many people it would allow us to meet!! Despite being a very quiet and shy person I have no problem meeting up with Disney friends :) My friends and family at home probably think I'm nuts when I talk about my Disney friends :joyfull:
Huge thank you to Dylan (why doesn't he have a WDW Magic account @blgauger ? :p:p) for taking these photos! I have no clue why I STILL look so sweaty :)
DSC_5732.jpg

DSC_5734.jpg

I'm sure this is not the last time we will meet up! We did have to say our goodbyes eventually though, as it was getting late. My Mom and I rode the monorail to the Contemporary with @sheriffwoody and R and we said our goodbyes there. My Mom and I were about to head right to bed, but we couldn't....
DSC_5735.jpg

Why oh why do they do turn down service at 10:30 pm :banghead: SO WEIRD!
At least the view while we were waiting was nice :)
DSC_5737.jpg

Anyway, after this it was off to bed!

Next up: MK day !

sheriffwoody

Please submit that squirrel picture next year :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious: You will DEFINITELY win. Obviously the judges are rodent fans.

It was so fun meeting you and Mary (Mrs. Mary :D)! I wish we could have had a table to sit at, but maybe next time. I think your picture turned out cuter than mine, and you do not look sweaty! Now after that cramped monorail ride...maybe so.

I think turn-down at 10:30 is a little weird too. I'm usually fast asleep by then :cautious:

Songbird76

Day 4
Oh joy...another super weird Photopass picture. Why are these a thing?
View attachment 224307
And now a normal PP picture :joyfull:
View attachment 224308
Our first FP was for Tower of Terror and we agreed to not talk ourselves out of it this time :)
View attachment 224309
View attachment 224310
Couldn't help but take some light fixture pictures :joyfull:
View attachment 224311
View attachment 224312
View attachment 224313
We survived! (but barely ;))
View attachment 224314
I found out on this trip that I got second place in a photography contest I entered, and lost to a squirrel. So, I took a picture of one for next years contest :p:p:p:p
View attachment 224315
View attachment 224317

Next up: more HS randomness
I love how the little girl in the front row looks completely relaxed and the woman next to her is cowering and clinging to her husband. I can't really talk, because I'm a chicken and won't go on ToT, but it's just so funny in the picture.

Songbird76

Please submit that squirrel picture next year :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious: You will DEFINITELY win. Obviously the judges are rodent fans.

It was so fun meeting you and Mary (Mrs. Mary :D)! I wish we could have had a table to sit at, but maybe next time. I think your picture turned out cuter than mine, and you do not look sweaty! Now after that cramped monorail ride...maybe so.

I think turn-down at 10:30 is a little weird too. I'm usually fast asleep by then :cautious:
I'm betting the turn down at 10:30 has to do with the fireworks shows and such. They expect you not to be in the room at that time?

Longers

So pleased you fitted in a WDW Magic meet up!

And I know I exactly what you meet about WDW friends - I talk to Chris about people on here and expect him to know who I am talking about - he knows you and Nicole @prfctlyximprct obviously as we met ( and he know Ruth @Minnesota disney fan as we met and share emails regularly) . but he struggles with everyone else no matter how much I talk about them!

On the other hand most of my work friends know quite a few of you - I think they think we go out at the weekends! :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom