Trip Report *COMPLETED* Don't Forget To Make A Wish!!

Songbird76

This tiny house was filled today with laughter, lightsaber battles, friends, family, and most of all.... Fun!! A said the only thing that wasn't fun was when everyone had to leave 😂😂

Party, we did. Fun, we had. Turn five, she will 💚💚 Eleven days till five, and counting...
View attachment 449168
View attachment 449169View attachment 449171View attachment 449172View attachment 449173View attachment 449174View attachment 449175View attachment 449176

Our dog Lulu trying to figure out why her chair was covered in dress up stuff 😂😂
View attachment 449177

A did not forget to make a wish, but her wish was.... Weird 😂😂😂 She said "I wished for everything i already have because I'm so happy already" 😂😂😂
View attachment 449178

We're doing a special birthday dinner for her tomorrow with N, so hopefully she'll make an actual wish then 😂😂😂
She should have wished for you to get some cuter clothes so she could borrow them as an adult!

Spash007

It's kinda weird that they don't just include both. Especially since ice cream is included on all the adult desserts. It was the only thing I really ate on my peanut butter cake thing, which was meh.

I can only hope that they start to grow more grateful. I would say that's easily the most embarrassing thing about this age. When we had that giant chocolate cake for her birthday dinner, she asked for five swirls of whipped cream and five cherries and the server did that and THEN also added four candles. Instead of being excited she got what she wanted, she was disappointed it wasn't five candles. I feel like I apologize more for this type of thing than anything else. I'm sorry, she's four has turned into I'm sorry, she's five. She meant to say thank you.

I'm going to eat my words (probably this afternoon) but I'm really hoping that 5.5 is where it gets better. Over the last week or so (right around when C was home with the flu oddly enough), it seems like something clicked and she has been so much better about stuff like being grateful. IIt got worse before it got better for sure (like getting not just ungrateful, but actually mad when we would get her something she said she wanted, but changed her mind without telling us :rolleyes:), but all of a sudden those times disappeared for the most part. So there is hope!

Swissmiss

Premium Member
I'm going to eat my words (probably this afternoon) but I'm really hoping that 5.5 is where it gets better. Over the last week or so (right around when C was home with the flu oddly enough), it seems like something clicked and she has been so much better about stuff like being grateful. IIt got worse before it got better for sure (like getting not just ungrateful, but actually mad when we would get her something she said she wanted, but changed her mind without telling us :rolleyes:), but all of a sudden those times disappeared for the most part. So there is hope!

Not to depress you, but the French have an expression “l’âge de raison” when a child turns 7. Unscientific of course, but did notice that my own child did seem to be more reasonable more often ... until she became a teenager 🤣

Spash007

Not to depress you, but the French have an expression “l’âge de raison” when a child turns 7. Unscientific of course, but did notice that my own child did seem to be more reasonable more often ... until she became a teenager 🤣

haha I'm thinking it will just morph into something else any day now. A friend of mine just had a baby and when he asked for advice, I told him that you just have to learn to roll with it. Once you get used to something, something else will happen that will throw you for a loop. Seems like once they get "independent" that just means their attitude!

Swissmiss

Premium Member
haha I'm thinking it will just morph into something else any day now. A friend of mine just had a baby and when he asked for advice, I told him that you just have to learn to roll with it. Once you get used to something, something else will happen that will throw you for a loop. Seems like once they get "independent" that just means their attitude!

A good yardstick is to find out how your child is when the parents aren’t around - do they remember to use please and thank you with others even though they don’t think the parent deserves such “niceties”. Years ago, before I had a family, there was only one apartment in my building with children. French speaking cultures are very big on ”politeness” (good morning ma’am, have a nice day ma’am). Anyway, at the time the only kid in the building when I moved in was about 11 or so. Always super polite when he would see me in the entry hallway, or in the neighborhood. So I made a point of mentioning it to his mom when I saw her one day. She was so relieved; she said it was really nice to know he remembered and used his manners with others, because at home was a different story. So I’m sure both A and C have better manners when the parents aren’t around 😉

Songbird76

So.... I was really looking forward to seeing N's reaction to Star Wars land. Like, reaaaaaalllly looking forward to it. In my head, he'd have a similar reaction as A has at Magic Kingdom. But when we went through the tunnel and into the land he winced at the crowds. So did I.

A panicked because she didn't want to go on any of the Star Wars rides and once we entered the land she figured out that she'd have to. I tried to distract her by asking her to be the tour guide and show N all around. It didn't work 😂😂 We looked around for a bit but when I said let's head to Falcon, A started crying. C volunteered to sit out with her because she gets motion sick and was already feeling affect from Star Tours earlier (had i known that i wouldn't have sent her on that one). So S, N and myself headed off to collect whatever that stuff is you need in that ride.

View attachment 453903

I was pretty sad that only three of us were going on the ride. If all five of us ride, i could guarantee S and N could be pilots. To my extreme glee, however, i was handled pilot card and so was N. I quickly switched with S for his gunner card.

N: sooooo, what an i supposed to do?!
Me: just drive better than a four year old 😂😂

View attachment 453922

Right smack in the middle of the ride, I got a call from C. I panicked thinking something bad happened to A. I couldn't answer the phone in the ride though and ruin it for everyone else, so i declined call and texted her "are you okay?!?" She just wanted to tell me they were going into Muppets 3D and just had terrible timing 😂😂

N: 41%.... Is that better than a four year old?! 😂😂

Me: probably not 😂😂 how did you like it?

N: meh,... It was okay....

It was clear in this moment I wasn't going to be seeing any magical expressions from N about the Star Wars land 😂😂😂😂

We sat in the sunshine waiting for the girls to finish their show. Honestly just sitting there quietly watching people going by was one of my favorite moments at Disney this trip. The sun felt so good.

Our boarding group had been called, so when they arrived we started discussing child swap so A could skip one too.

A: you can't trade me for another kid, mom!!

Me: sometimes i wish i could 😂😂 but this is just so you don't have to ride this one

A: I want to go on it

Me: are you sure, bear?? You've been crying about it all morning....

A: remember the At-At in the movie we watched of the ride?

Me: yes....

A: I want to see the At-At

Okay.... Let's see how this goes... Off we went, back to Batuu
Tough crowd! He's not thrilled with the Star Wars stuff, A is hung up on an Elsa dress...How many of them got hit with a frying pan?

Spash007

I was getting kinda hungry, but we had decided to ride Rise and then get lunch. We scanned in and started walking through the Rise of the Resistance queue at just past 11. The pace pretty swift, until it wasn't. When we got where the line snaked through a cave like "room" the pace slowed to a crawl. We got to the last bend and the line stopped entirely. The ride had broken down.

Luckily, we were next to a wall that had a stone bench so we were able to sit. A passed the time by watching music videos on my phone 😂😂 not only was I stuck in a cavea bunch of loud strangers and a migraine, I also had to listen to this song seventeen billion times😂😂
View attachment 453943

There was a collective groan as cast members emerged with trays of water and snacks, and people began sitting and settling in for the long haul. This was extra sucky for me because i cannot stand bananas. I can't stand the smell of bananas, it makes me sick. They passed out chips and cookies and... Bananas 😭😭 But here's thing, after all these people ate their smelly bananas, they had nowhere to put the smelly peels!! Nobody came back through with a trash bag to collect them. Between the smell and the drums in my head, I was starting to feel very, very sick. A offered to snuggle me to make me feel better, which was sweet ❤❤
View attachment 453946

After about a half hour, the line started moving and we got kinda excited!! But it was a false alarm 😂😂 people were leaving the queue and others were sitting closer together, so the line compacted a little bit even though the ride was not fixed. At around noon, the ride came back up and the line started moving. Slowly, but surely!!

Every time the line stopped, I closed my eyes and stood as still as I could. N kept having to tap me when it was time to walk again. I could feel my body shutting down. At 12:30 we finally reached the first preshow
View attachment 453948

A was still adamant she wanted to ride so we didn't have to use the chicken exit. Shortly after 12:45 we boarded our ride vehicle
View attachment 453949
And at 1 pm we were off the ride.

There are parts of this ride that really wow you, and even hard to impress N enjoyed it, but it definitely wasn't worth two hours of our lives 😂😂 Right now I'll say that i much prefer FoP to Rise, but that might change if we ever ride it again and maybe don't have such a disappointing lead up that kicked my migraine into monster level. It was a cool ride, but it just didn't seem worth all the trouble to go on it.

S really needed to use the restroom and I really needed food before i started blacking out, so we said goodbye to Batuu and headed back to the bathrooms by the Muppets (the Royal Flush it something clever like that). C started looking up restaurants the app and asking if we wanted to go places she found reservation times for, but I couldn't. My body was shutting down. I was losing the ability to human. I saw PizzaRizzo and made an executive decision 😂😂

Not sure if this lends to your banana sickness - but have you noticed that they make kids breath smell like a green-leafed illegal substance? We thought it was just a weird chemical interaction with our daughter's mouth, but now it happens with our son too. It's so weird, and potent that it's just gross!

lindawdw

The ROTR line sounds like a total nightmare to me and I don't suffer from migraines so I can't even imagine how you must have been feeling that whole time. I'm glad the pizza and ice cream helped it and you were able to soldier on for the day!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom