Trip Report *COMPLETED* Don't Forget To Make A Wish!!

Rista1313

@Rista1313 you'll never guess what she wished for.....

Wish one: that new Elsa dress I was telling you about mom!!

Wish two: I wished that dress again because i reaaaaaalllly want it!!

Wish three: I wished you'd get me that Elsa dress that had the crown and the wand

Me: A you need to wish for something else. You can't just keep wishing for the dress. I got it, you want the dress. Pick something else!!

Wish four: i wish we could go back in time and you could fix my Elsa dress when it would fit me!!

Me: 😒😒😒😒

Wish five: I wish if my new Elsa dress breaks, you fix it when i can still wear it!!

So much for her making like Elsa, and letting it go 😒😒😂😂

I think I need to start Facetiming with A, so we can talk about this!

Rista1313

I was the only one stirring when I got up the next morning. I got myself ready and started packing our suitcase up before gently waking up the other adults. I had walked them through the boarding group plan the night before but I could tell they weren't tracking. As soon as I woke up A, the first thing she said was "Mommy, my birthday isn't over because it's still my birthday month, so can i wear my button today?!" Who could say no to that 😂😂

I was hoping we'd be loaded up in the farting car and moving at seven but that didn't happen...
View attachment 453829

Then we hit traffic at the parking booths. Luckily, we didn't have to pay for parking because we had stayed at the resort. We got a decent parking spot and got to the security lives around 7:35. Not too shabby. We're doing okay. Bag check was not bad, but my heart sank when we badged into the park and they didn't scan fingerprints. I've been following the boarding group post since it's inception and not scanning fingerprints seems to heighten your chances of glitches.

We camped out in a little spot of sunshine over by Gertie and I went over the process more time. Then N asked me which app he should download for this 😂😂 oh, boy. No worries, though, we had everything worked out by 7:57 and we were all ready to try. S took A to the little gift shop nearby so the rest of us could concentrate.

I would love to take this minute to say that everything worked perfectly, but i cannot 😂😂 All three apps glitched. C was able to get boarding group 23, but only for her and myself. Then N restarted his app and was able to snag backup group 77 for S and A. Then C tried again and was able to get backup group 94 for N. Getting N on this ride was the entire reason we came to Star Wars land, so this was not ideal 😂😂

We walked over to the nearest Guest Services blue Umbrella, and it was no joke about 150 people deep. Even if they each took only 1 minute, that's still a two hour wait 😭😭

So A and I dropped C, N, and S off at Star Tours and headed for the blue umbrella at the entrance of Toy Story Land, hoping it would be shorter. We needed N and S in that boarding group 23, because they were the reason we tried 😂😂

View attachment 453840
A and I ended up in a still sizeable but much more reasonable line about 30 people back from the blue umbrella. Unlike the line out front, this one also appeared to have two CMs working that umbrella.

I checked wait times on the app, but Slinky was down and the park was already extremely crowded so i didn't find anything to really send everyone on when they got back from Star Tours
View attachment 453841

I felt really bad for anyone waiting a full hour for A.S.S. 😂😂 I saw S approaching because he's so tall, but even after I waived my arms he didn't see me 😂😂 C, who is pint sized, was the first one to see us in the line. They volunteered to take A and go in search of coffee, which sounded like a godsend to me because my migraine pill needed a boost 😂😂

They ended up being met with line after line after line. The park was an absolute zoo. They ended up settling in a 45 minute line at Jeffrey's. Come on, Disney, you can do better than this.

I made friends with a man and his 16 year old in front of me in line. The kid was absolutely adorable because he was so upset that his nerves the best of him and he forgot to add his dad 😂😂 He got boarding group 32 and his dad got nothing 😂😂 He really wanted to ride, but didn't want Dad to hold it against him forever 😂😂

By the way, the Slinky line wrapped well past the Chinese theater, which is insane. When the ride finally opened the wait time was 2.5 hours. I love this ride, but waiting that long for a three minute thrill is cray.

The group returned shortly after i finally made it to the rope, and A had conned herself into getting another baby stuffed animal, this time it was Bolt. She was crying though because she wasn't allowed to also get a toy 😂😂 I swear, this is SUCH an ungrateful age.

Just over an hour after I got in line, my coffee and I finally reached a CM, where we asked about switching names so S and N could have our spots. Instead, they put us all in group 23!!
View attachment 453847

They had already called through group 20, so we headed over to Star Wars, Galaxies Edge.

I have a silly question.. why didn't y'all just trade magic bands?

Spash007

I'm beyond super late, but my daughter is just about A's age (turned 5 in October), and I can relate to a lot that you're saying (even though my C isn't as funny - not sure if I'm supposed to say that.... she has her good traits though lol). But yeah - this age goes from being super ungrateful to super helpful, and just makes my head spin!

We also ran into the same thing with the cupcake vs the ice cream last year at the castle. C is the one child who doesn't like cake, so when we went through the menu with her, she was thrilled for ice cream. But then our server came over and asked if she wanted a cupcake without giving ice cream as an option, but C was never going to back down and apparently our server wasn't either and it was just super awkward

Rista1313

We thought about that, but because I'd read the queue could get long on Rise, I needed mine so I could DAS us for something else that A might enjoy instead. Plus C only had hers enabled to pay for things and not S's.

And we were hoping we could at least combine the two backup boarding groups since the difference between the two numbers was at least an hour (on a good day)
You could have had them added to your DAS and then you would have been able to use their magic band.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom