Trip Report **COMPLETED** December 2021 - "I'll Be Home For Christmas"

I just came back today from a short 3 night WDW vacation. It's going to take me a couple of days edit the pictures and get my thoughts together so that I can start writing this report. It was a really fun trip although it wasn't long enough!!! There were some highs and definitely some lows. But, averaged together, it was a pretty good trip. Despite the heat that I wasn't prepared for LOL.

When: December 12-15, 2021
Why: 19th Anniversary Trip, 50th Celebration, Christmas focus, and just to get away from the house kind of trip
Where: Port Orleans French Quarter
Who: Me and the husband (R)

In some ways, I was pleasantly surprised by this trip. But also really disappointed in some of Disney's recent decisions. I don't think R noticed it as much as I did. He has a horrible memory so each trip is almost like his first one 😂

KellBelle

Thank you for sharing your trip! Meeting Molly would have been cool, I really like watching her videos. I am sorry about the Pip drama, I am so happy to hear he is a little better now!

LeighM

Original Poster
Thank you for sharing your trip! Meeting Molly would have been cool, I really like watching her videos. I am sorry about the Pip drama, I am so happy to hear he is a little better now!

Molly was really nice! It was a fun way to end our trip lol. Pip has been having more bad days but that's to be expected at his age. It's just so sad to watch. He's my furbaby and doggie soul mate. I've loved every pet I've ever had but I have a special bond with him.

macefamily

Thanks for your report. Might I suggest that you stay at a hotel in Kissimmee that is pet-friendly or reserve an AIRBNB that accepts pets. We've done both, and it is better for your dog. We put up my daughter's dog at the Disney Best Friend Kennel who houses the dogs until one hour after the last park closes. It's convenient.

LeighM

Original Poster
Thanks for your report. Might I suggest that you stay at a hotel in Kissimmee that is pet-friendly or reserve an AIRBNB that accepts pets. We've done both, and it is better for your dog. We put up my daughter's dog at the Disney Best Friend Kennel who houses the dogs until one hour after the last park closes. It's convenient.

Multiple reasons we can't do this. One, because of his previous near death experience from a vaccine, he is now ineligible to receive any kind of vaccine, which makes it impossible for him to stay to stay at resorts or kennels that require it. Two, because of his age and lack of hearing, he gets extremely stressed and anxious when in a new place, even when he's with us and it worsens his health issues. We experienced that first hand when we had to stay in a hotel locally for a couple of nights after a hurricane went through. I can't imagine how bad he would be if we left him alone in a strange place. In our situation, it is actually better for our to dog to stay at home in his safe space where he feels most comfortable.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom