Trip Report *COMPLETED*A 21st, a first timer, stuck on tower of terror and the never ending rain trip report!

Hi guys! Came back from my trip to Disneyworld Wednesday and decided I best start my report as soon as, considering I slacked on notes and I’m going mainly off memory :banghead:

You can find my failed pre trip report here: https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/a-21st-and-a-first-timer-pre-trip-report.938537/

This is my first time doing a report so go easy on me and my rubbish photograph skills!!

Who: Me and boyfriend Reece.
Why: My 21st and his first time. This is my 5th trip to Disney and was the best one yet!!
Where: Caribbean beach
8th May till 22nd!

*** EDIT It has been brought to my attention I forgot to add a photo of said boyfriend and replaced him with my dog. Here we are ***
4D08F747-847B-4FAC-A7C1-46A6E7B674BE.jpeg

7A593074-B5B2-4345-B9E8-E5C1FAE26EF5.jpeg

Me forcing my dog to take photos before I leave him for two weeks.

So my travelling started a day early on the 7th which was a bank holiday over here in England. We had a few hiccups the days leading up which caused a little bit of stress. First issue we ran into was I had a prescription in the chemist which was closed until Tuesday the day we fly, so I had no chance of picking it up as we leave Monday. I rang multiple chemists open near me to see if they could help until I finally got told to ring the NHS who sent an emergency prescription over to a chemist quite far away. The pharmacist wasn’t very helpful and continuously asking me why I needed to use that service. Because I have nothing better to do on my Friday night sir :rolleyes:.

Finally got my prescription and all is good until I pack the last bits of my suitcase and surprise it’s 5KG over! After weighing Reeces he didn’t have much extra space in suitcase but his hand luggage was empty. After chucking some things and filling his bag I was good to go.

So I pick my hand luggage up and the strap snaps off. At this point me and my dad are just staring at it with disbelief, I managed to find the screw that kept it together and we fixed it, so we thought.

Brings us to Monday morning the day we leave for the airport and it’s time to check in and choose seats. We had been monitoring the seats closely for a very long time and they was plenty left, until the last 15 minutes. EVERY single row was full with no seats together!! We were flying with Virgin Atlantic and noticed they was one row in the upstairs bubble had became free! Previously someone had booked one seat in the middle of three obviously in hope to have a row to themselves but for some reason all three seats were now available.

Not wanting to take chances we booked the two seats and paid for them. We ended up having nobody sat next to us either!

At this point I’m hoping, praying in fact nothing else goes wrong like flight delay or anything. Slowly 2pm rolled around and we departed for Manchester Airport, no traffic and everything was plain sailing. The terminal 2 long stay car park was full so we ended up booking terminal 3 and praying the awful reviews were wrong. We managed to get on the shuttle bus (managed being key word, he tried to go past us), he blazed around the corner at a ridiculous speed all the suitcases were falling and he wouldn’t stop to let people put them in the storage racks.

Finally we got to our stop and I pick up my bag and boom the handle snaps off again. It’s 27 degrees (about 80F) now I know this doesn’t sound that hot but I promise you 27 in England feels ten times hotter than 27 in Orlando. The heat was ridiculous and we had a 15 minute walk to our hotel pulling the suitcases and carrying a broken bag. We had plans to go walk the pub and watch planes but we ended up staying in the room with air conditioning full blast and ordered a dominos :banghead:

We stayed in the Crowne Plaza (no photos I was too annoyed with the world) it was fine, clean and done the job. We could see planes land from our room.

As the night goes on my throat becomes raw and my nose is sniffy, in a panic I overdosed on vitamins and prayed it was allergies.

It wasn’t.

Last edited:

LauraRose

Original Poster
The dragon went on fire a few days before so he wasn’t here! Next it was time to go see pooh bear! He’s my childhood favourite and I always have to meet him.

I don’t think I’ve ever discussed on here but Marie the cat is my all time favourite character and she’s my spirit animal, I watch the film every time I’m sad. I’m SO sad that she isn’t in Disneyworld anymore as I never got to meet her! I seen her on a Tim Tracker video at a party and nearly screamed. If anyone has any photos of her please please send me them, it would make my day! I’ve debated going to Disneyland Paris just to see her. She has hardly any recognition in the parks, however she’s became a big thing in the UK in Primark so we have a lot of merchandise with her on!

Before meeting Pooh we went on his adventures first! It’s such a cute ride, we seen the new Christopher Robin film last month and it was brilliant. I can’t pretend that I didn’t cry multiple times.

We spent a very long time in the que waiting for him and tigger but it was worth it! They were super cute. Pooh bear always gives the longest cuddles and tigger is so silly!
FE8532F0-1DEF-4CE2-A3CC-2736E87FDF89.jpeg

Excuse the sweat marks, it was SO hot waiting in line! So many people gave up and walked out.
45487C9B-98DF-44C4-A113-1FD820FBE33E.jpeg

I don’t think I’ve ever seen me smile more. When Reece hugged pooh, he nearly accidentally hit his head off :banghead::facepalm:.

Next up we had another trip on splash and thunder!
C206BCD4-F7C1-4D27-A2E3-ED023F3032A3.jpeg

This photo was from the morning but I forgot to post!
3C837B0E-EE5C-458C-A476-01F46B63A69D.png

I was leaving no room to get wet. As we got off the storm clouds had rolled in and it was chucking it down. I didn’t mind as I managed to get a nearly full day of no rain on my birthday, as I mentioned earlier in the trio we had storms from the Gulf of Mexico and every day it rained for hours.

I went into the Ye Olde Christmas Shop as it’s my mums favourite and I wanted to get her a Christmas tree decoration as it’s a tradition. I picked one that was a glass Mickey with the castle in. I didn’t think to ask them to send it to the resort and was left carrying a glass ornament around :facepalm:.
1331245D-9EC6-4764-86E3-2175CB2B4281.jpeg

Again a photo from earlier in the day. Note the perfect blue sky.

We headed over to space mountain for a whiz around! On the way Reece found another duck friend.
337534FF-1237-4D68-9372-6DD95D353A94.jpeg
99150197-17B3-480C-87D8-665DACEE7A21.jpeg

My leg was irritating me and I looked down and it was really red and blotchy and was spreading within minutes. I recently read something called the Disney rash which appeared to be what I got, it’s caused by walking in heat I think?
2AC7785C-B0FB-4CB6-912E-092886B3C042.jpeg
A1F1742A-7504-4CC2-8DF0-104CE534092A.jpeg

It stayed for the rest of the holiday and a while after I got home, I kept getting strange looks as if I had a disease! We stopped off at first aid and they gave me some gel but it didn’t do anything. It was burning like mad.

We had a rest and then made our way back to space as we had to de tour for first aid. I never bother saving them photos as I always look so un interested!

Rista1313

The dragon went on fire a few days before so he wasn’t here! Next it was time to go see pooh bear! He’s my childhood favourite and I always have to meet him.

I don’t think I’ve ever discussed on here but Marie the cat is my all time favourite character and she’s my spirit animal, I watch the film every time I’m sad. I’m SO sad that she isn’t in Disneyworld anymore as I never got to meet her! I seen her on a Tim Tracker video at a party and nearly screamed. If anyone has any photos of her please please send me them, it would make my day! I’ve debated going to Disneyland Paris just to see her. She has hardly any recognition in the parks, however she’s became a big thing in the UK in Primark so we have a lot of merchandise with her on!

Before meeting Pooh we went on his adventures first! It’s such a cute ride, we seen the new Christopher Robin film last month and it was brilliant. I can’t pretend that I didn’t cry multiple times.

We spent a very long time in the que waiting for him and tigger but it was worth it! They were super cute. Pooh bear always gives the longest cuddles and tigger is so silly!
View attachment 314481
Excuse the sweat marks, it was SO hot waiting in line! So many people gave up and walked out.
View attachment 314483
I don’t think I’ve ever seen me smile more. When Reece hugged pooh, he nearly accidentally hit his head off :banghead::facepalm:.

Next up we had another trip on splash and thunder!
View attachment 314486
This photo was from the morning but I forgot to post! View attachment 314488

I was leaving no room to get wet. As we got off the storm clouds had rolled in and it was chucking it down. I didn’t mind as I managed to get a nearly full day of no rain on my birthday, as I mentioned earlier in the trio we had storms from the Gulf of Mexico and every day it rained for hours.

I went into the Ye Olde Christmas Shop as it’s my mums favourite and I wanted to get her a Christmas tree decoration as it’s a tradition. I picked one that was a glass Mickey with the castle in. I didn’t think to ask them to send it to the resort and was left carrying a glass ornament around :facepalm:.
View attachment 314495
Again a photo from earlier in the day. Note the perfect blue sky.

We headed over to space mountain for a whiz around! On the way Reece found another duck friend.
View attachment 314490View attachment 314491

My leg was irritating me and I looked down and it was really red and blotchy and was spreading within minutes. I recently read something called the Disney rash which appeared to be what I got, it’s caused by walking in heat I think?
View attachment 314492View attachment 314493
It stayed for the rest of the holiday and a while after I got home, I kept getting strange looks as if I had a disease! We stopped off at first aid and they gave me some gel but it didn’t do anything. It was burning like mad.

We had a rest and then made our way back to space as we had to de tour for first aid. I never bother saving them photos as I always look so un interested!

I read somewhere that it's caused by the chemicals they use to clean the sidewalks, dunno if that's true.

LauraRose

Original Poster
Next we done something I’ve never done! Rode prince charmings regal carousel and I really enjoyed it! I actually got the horse I was looking at and decided her name is Rosie Posie which is what I call my nana.
4A211285-3FF8-4B2C-96C8-08034E32EFA1.jpeg

It was a lovely ride. We had time for one more attraction before dinner with the beast. We decided to go on a journey with the little mermaid under the sea!
DDF6437F-6AEC-4D38-AA63-7B2DB98CBDCE.jpeg

It was fun but it kept breaking down which wasn’t ideal because we were pushed for time with our reservation. Luckily we made it in time!
We were seated in the ballroom which I was happy with, I loved watching the snow fall.
64351AD6-61EA-4416-8935-1658EC0066D9.jpeg

9DCC0B19-E353-4517-BD7C-8FED6504B220.jpeg
Our waiter was so lovely as well which made the experience so nice. We both ordered the steak and I really really enjoyed it. I’ve never been so happy to see vegetables in all my life, eating in Disney was taking a toll on me!
2010320B-200C-4401-9F20-1E1481DADF49.png

The only thing that ruined the meal was a lady sat beside us by herself. She just kept staring at us whilst we were talking and wouldn’t look away, just felt a bit intruded by her. The waiter kindly took our photo but the lady made a guest appearance in that:facepalm:. I wouldn’t mind but the waiter took a while taking the photo as he done one with flash and one without and moving the camera to different angles and she didn’t look away for any of it. I was slightly annoyed but what can you do. Maybe she was lonely who knows but Reece was getting a bit agitated by her also. It’s a bit hard trying to have a private meal with a stranger watching you the whole time.

ECC92796-1256-498E-8B88-D2F48260DC4B.jpeg

We were both stuffed and as much as I wanted a grey stuff cupcake I didn’t have any room and I knew I’d make myself feel sick. After we declined dessert our waiter came over with a little swirl of grey stuff and a card from the beast signed by belle, it was special!
I was so thankful not to have happy birthday sung!!

4D6123BE-EE2A-4249-82D3-0CC32EA3FB2E.jpeg

I was a bit gutted because we could only get a 8pm reservation so we missed the fireworks but we would be back in two days to see them again. We didn’t end up meeting the beast as it seemed to be a lengthy que and we’d seen him walk past twice. I will next year though! As we came out it was raining so hard. We were exhausted by the time we got back to the resort room but it was all worth it. It was an amazing birthday and I wouldn’t of changed any of it, even the nosy lady.

Last edited:

LauraRose

Original Poster
I read somewhere that it's caused by the chemicals they use to clean the sidewalks, dunno if that's true.
Maybe! I’ve seen a few different reasons. I only came across a post on a Facebook Disney group about two weeks ago and it was full of people showing similar rashes. Very strange

LauraRose

Original Poster
I vow to carry on this the end of the week. If anyone’s followed from the start you will of seen me post my dog max. The reason I’ve been so abscent he was diagnosed stage 3 cancer beginning of August and was given 3-5 months. It was a shock as he was so happy and full of life.
Sadly I had to put him to sleep tonight as it has gone too far and we didn’t want him to suffer any more. He was already getting sicker every day and I just knew by his eyes this morning it was his day.

So since the diagnosis I’ve spent all my time looking after him and trying herbal routes, I’ve been too upset to even think about Disney. Right now everywhere hurts but I need distacrions. I work from home and I’m in for some lonely and quiet days.

I’m glad everyone has been so understanding about how long this report has took but I’m determined to finish it soon.

If anyone has any furry friends be sure to hold them extra close and give them a kiss from me.
C9573EE7-2DCA-42F2-A290-2FD41F85A370.jpeg

laben594

I'm so sorry about your dog :cry:

Love the trip report!! I just got back from England and I can attest that I thought it would look like the UK Pavilion :hilarious:

Still loved it but it does not look like that haha! Maybe the Cotswolds? But we didn't venture there

Last edited:

LauraRose

Original Poster
I'm so sorry about your dog :cry:

Love the trip report!! I just got back from England and I can attest that I thought it would look like the UK Pavilion :hilarious:

Still loved it but it does not look like that haha! Maybe the Cotswolds? But we didn't venture there

Haha I agree it’s definitelt based of somewhere countryside based!!

ELeigh

We made It!!!
I wish it was still the old welcome show, I loved seeing the train with all the characters but I still enjoyed the new one.
We were at MK the same day! The rain that week was a bit of a damper let's hope for sun next year! We will be back the same time as you again :)

LauraRose

Original Poster
sad to hear about your dog..

in time ya should get another..:)

I will eventually when I move out but I live with my mum and dad and understandably they don’t want to go through it again. As much as I don’t want another dog in my life right now I’m sure in a few years I’ll be ready to love another 🐾

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom