Trip Report *COMPLETED*A 21st, a first timer, stuck on tower of terror and the never ending rain trip report!

Hi guys! Came back from my trip to Disneyworld Wednesday and decided I best start my report as soon as, considering I slacked on notes and I’m going mainly off memory :banghead:

You can find my failed pre trip report here: https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/a-21st-and-a-first-timer-pre-trip-report.938537/

This is my first time doing a report so go easy on me and my rubbish photograph skills!!

Who: Me and boyfriend Reece.
Why: My 21st and his first time. This is my 5th trip to Disney and was the best one yet!!
Where: Caribbean beach
8th May till 22nd!

*** EDIT It has been brought to my attention I forgot to add a photo of said boyfriend and replaced him with my dog. Here we are ***
4D08F747-847B-4FAC-A7C1-46A6E7B674BE.jpeg

7A593074-B5B2-4345-B9E8-E5C1FAE26EF5.jpeg

Me forcing my dog to take photos before I leave him for two weeks.

So my travelling started a day early on the 7th which was a bank holiday over here in England. We had a few hiccups the days leading up which caused a little bit of stress. First issue we ran into was I had a prescription in the chemist which was closed until Tuesday the day we fly, so I had no chance of picking it up as we leave Monday. I rang multiple chemists open near me to see if they could help until I finally got told to ring the NHS who sent an emergency prescription over to a chemist quite far away. The pharmacist wasn’t very helpful and continuously asking me why I needed to use that service. Because I have nothing better to do on my Friday night sir :rolleyes:.

Finally got my prescription and all is good until I pack the last bits of my suitcase and surprise it’s 5KG over! After weighing Reeces he didn’t have much extra space in suitcase but his hand luggage was empty. After chucking some things and filling his bag I was good to go.

So I pick my hand luggage up and the strap snaps off. At this point me and my dad are just staring at it with disbelief, I managed to find the screw that kept it together and we fixed it, so we thought.

Brings us to Monday morning the day we leave for the airport and it’s time to check in and choose seats. We had been monitoring the seats closely for a very long time and they was plenty left, until the last 15 minutes. EVERY single row was full with no seats together!! We were flying with Virgin Atlantic and noticed they was one row in the upstairs bubble had became free! Previously someone had booked one seat in the middle of three obviously in hope to have a row to themselves but for some reason all three seats were now available.

Not wanting to take chances we booked the two seats and paid for them. We ended up having nobody sat next to us either!

At this point I’m hoping, praying in fact nothing else goes wrong like flight delay or anything. Slowly 2pm rolled around and we departed for Manchester Airport, no traffic and everything was plain sailing. The terminal 2 long stay car park was full so we ended up booking terminal 3 and praying the awful reviews were wrong. We managed to get on the shuttle bus (managed being key word, he tried to go past us), he blazed around the corner at a ridiculous speed all the suitcases were falling and he wouldn’t stop to let people put them in the storage racks.

Finally we got to our stop and I pick up my bag and boom the handle snaps off again. It’s 27 degrees (about 80F) now I know this doesn’t sound that hot but I promise you 27 in England feels ten times hotter than 27 in Orlando. The heat was ridiculous and we had a 15 minute walk to our hotel pulling the suitcases and carrying a broken bag. We had plans to go walk the pub and watch planes but we ended up staying in the room with air conditioning full blast and ordered a dominos :banghead:

We stayed in the Crowne Plaza (no photos I was too annoyed with the world) it was fine, clean and done the job. We could see planes land from our room.

As the night goes on my throat becomes raw and my nose is sniffy, in a panic I overdosed on vitamins and prayed it was allergies.

It wasn’t.

Last edited:

LauraRose

Original Poster
We went to bed nice and early and woke up around 5am to make sure we had plenty of time to re pack our bags and get to our terminal. Our bus from the hotel to terminal 2 came really quickly which was great, we had tried to do online check in but Reece had been selected for the random security check. We actually got to the airport 15 minutes before check in was due to open, but they were checking people in so it was fine, we only waited a few minutes. Security wasn't as quick unfortunately and seemed to be chaos, when we finally got through they was an elderly couple sat in the corner who started chatting with me and said they had tablets in liquid bag (which is usually fine I don't know what they were or if he didn't have paperwork for them) but they had stripped him down and gave him a very thorough search. He was a bit shook up and was saying he understands they have to do their job, however I can certainly agree that the attitude from some of the security really wasn't very good. After security we headed to Frankie and Bennies for breakfast. I had the Nutella and Banana Piadina and Reece had the bacon and pancakes, they were both delicious.
breakfast .jpg

We had a wander around duty free and I bought some first defence cold spray as I was becoming increasingly more stuffy. It seemed to help for a few hours!
Not long later and it was time to board, the flight went pretty quickly the bubble was worth it and sooo quiet!

* edit forgot this photo!*
6D1816A1-BE80-4FCE-8E73-CF440472D546.jpeg

Last edited:

LauraRose

Original Poster
9 hours later we landed in Orlando at 2:30PM, it was a lovely and sunny! Security was a breeze, and before we knew it we had our luggage and was approaching the Disneyworld sign!
pic.jpg

Some friendly man offered to take our photo after seeing me try and take a photo of the sign by itself.
Next we were off to find the magical express, I've always been with my parents and hired a car so I wasn't too confident which way I was going but we found it pretty easily.
33583365_1698615613559439_6793043304691793920_n.jpg

33432185_1698616376892696_3493366419624558592_n.jpg

My nice broken bag in the background. The bus was pretty full but we did wait around 30 minutes before departing. It seemed we were also the only ones to tip the driver, maybe we missed it but we didn't see anyone else doing it. After stopping at AoA and POP we headed to Caribbean Beach. First thing we noticed was all the construction but I really wasn't too concerned. We got to check in and they asked if we only needed one magic band. Err no two please, the CM informed us they only had one on the order which was my pink one. I assured him we had two and Reece ordered the blue one and I have seen both magic bands on my account multiple times. Unsure what had happened he gave Reece a grey one and our map with room number. We had been placed in Martinique, we did request for Jamaica I believe (not 100% Reece done it) but he informed us this was all they had available.

Bell hop drove us to our room and I asked if this was a bad location to which he said yes :banghead:. We got to our room, dumped our stuff and went to find something to eat. I didn't take photos of the room as we were straight out but it was basically the standard room, photo from google.
fteasdf11.jpg

We walked over to the set up food truck in Centretown and we both got the burger, mine was with nachos and mashes potatos, Reeces with rice and mashed potatos and a cookie each. We were on quick service dining plan which was free with out holiday if we upgraded, I didn't really enjoy mine as the burger was really bland and dry, the rice was garlic and was super nice though! We then went to pick up our refill mugs, I got pink and Reece got blue.

Our plans were for Walmart and then Disney Springs but I was really starting to tire out and the cold wasn't helping anything. We headed to walmart for breakfast food, I'm not a big breakfast person so we decided to use our QS for lunch and dinner, and buy food for breakfast. We stocked up on croissants, cereal, breakfast bars, fruit and carrot sticks, cookies, cheese balls and other snacks. We wondered around and I bought some make up and a new face cream.

My tiredness level was getting too much and all I wanted to do was climb into bed. We headed back to the hotel, unpacked and ironed all our clothes and after a hot shower collapsed in bed by 10pm.

Up tomorrow, Magic Kingdom, Walmart for forgotten items and Disney Springs!

LauraRose

Original Poster
Day 2: Magic Kingdom and Disney Springs

We woke up nice and early to head over to Magic Kingdom for rope drop. We got ready in record time and was out the door by 07:50am to leave plenty of time for the bus to arrive. As we got to our bus stop it was incredibly busy already and we noticed multiple buses for Animal Kingdom but none for Magic Kingdom. The time it was due kept being pushed back by 5 minutes, eventually it was around 08:25am and a bus passed and asked where we were going. Everyone shouted Magic Kingdom and she said she was doing one lap of the resort, by the time she got back if the bus wasn't here she would take us. No bus came and she came back around 08:40. We were lucky being the first bus stop we all got on but she had to miss all the other stops as the bus was completely full.

As we drove towards Magic Kingdom I could start to see the castle and my eyes were beginning to fill up, some little girl was looking at me with much concern :hilarious:.
I was mainly anticipating Reece's reaction as it's been his dream since he was young to go to Disneyworld and was always jealous that I had been. Leading up to this trip he has been like an over excited kiddo on too much sugar. His head was bobbing around constantly trying to look for things he could spot.

We got into Magic kingdom about 09:05am, I was a little sad as the main aim was to see the welcome show but we had plenty of days left to see it. I had gone back and forth with myself over if I wanted to try and video or photograph his face when we first went into Magic Kingdom, but I decided it was best to stay in the moment and I'm glad that's what I chose.

His face was lit up and I have honestly never heard the word 'Wow' so much in all my life. I was blubbering that I was here, strangely last year I really wasn't too emotional but I had planned so much for this trip and was so determined to make it special for him I was just so happy to finally be there and experiencing it with him.

33609015_1698615693559431_5398056584288927744_n.jpg

33540481_1698615710226096_7206777628869525504_n.jpg

33583431_1698615756892758_8066991859508969472_n.jpg

We wandered into Fantasyland, Peter Pan was already at 35 minutes but we didn't want to risk it as we had a 09:45am breakfast reservation at Be Our Guest. Instead we headed over to It's A Small World as it was a walk on. I quite like this ride, it's nice to relax and it reminds me of my mum as she loves it.

33573945_1698615876892746_6858545657649561600_n.jpg

33422703_1698615886892745_4395314095859957760_n.jpg

I can't say I wanted this to be Reece's first ride of the trip but he really enjoyed it! Fantasyland was empty so I took a nice slow stroll whilst Reece skipped (literally) over to Be Our Guest.

33428438_1698615763559424_4635996748798492672_n.jpg

We arrived for our reservation 10 minutes early but we were given the menu and sent in. The CM taking our order was so lovely, she complimented my ears and said I was a pink fairy :inlove: and chatted with Reece about his first time in America.

I ordered the Croissant Doughnut and Reece got the Feast A La Gaston. The only room that seemed to have plenty of seats was The Castle Gallery so we parked ourselves there and waited for our food.
33742542_1699303993490601_9069624706012807168_n.jpg

33303228_1698615923559408_2736103006041800704_n.jpg

I thought the doughnut was delicious especially with the banana, however I only managed just over half as it was very sweet. The fruit was nice and I was meant to bring a bag for the pastries but forgot :rolleyes:, Reece managed to east most of them. He enjoyed all of his except the potatoes. Nothing through the restaurants fault, he just doesn't like them.

Our first fastpass was for 7DMT so we had a little while to wait. We decided to go have a wander down Main Street and have a look in the emporium.
I didn't buy anything but Reece picked up a new Magic Band and a cap as he forgot his sunglasses. We couldn't buy any either as his are prescription. I don't have a pic of it but here's one from google.
image_10bc2472.jpeg

s-l225.jpg

LauraRose

Original Poster
As we exited The Emporium the Move it Shake it parade was on. We went over to the Minnie Mouse float so I could video her for my niece, as it's all on video I only have a photo of Mr Incredible.
33734878_1699318063489194_281918483623575552_n.jpg

After watching for a little while I went to refill my water at a fountain and the taste made us both gag, we had bought bottled Nestle water from walmart and was using that to fill our bottles. My water bottle was just a normal plastic one so wasn't very good at keeping cold, Reece had a Camelbak one that stayed cold for hours so we drank that and headed to buy some Smart Water.
It was finally time for our 7DMT FP so we headed over and we were on within minutes.

33519276_1698616260226041_4070834754075754496_n.jpg

The kid behind us was terrified, Reece LOVED this ride. He was singing Heigh Ho so loud and laughing non stop. We had fastpasses again for this ride but we never managed to get back on it!

We headed over to The Many Adventures Of Winnie the Pooh. Winnie is my favourite character ever and always has been since a little gitl. I rememebr on my very first trip we went into the Emporium and Pooh was sat on the shelf and my eye's nearly popped out my skull. My dad bought him for me and he came everywhere, he even had his own little passport. I was meant to bring him on this trip but i had no room whatsoever to put him anywhere :cry:

Here he is sat with me whilst I type my report;
33522445_1699340933486907_342393564476473344_n.jpg

The ride was as lovely as always and we had a nice chat with a couple in front from Tennessee (I think). They asked us about missing the Royal Wedding, it's a little raw of a subject with many British people and something I'd rather not discuss but naturally every time someone realised we where from the UK they wanted to know everything about The Royals. This was fine when asking about the wedding but when strangers are asking for your opinion on them it's a little too far. I learnt to just mention 'Trump' and they would back off :banghead:. Here on holiday not to discuss politics!

We had a little while till our next Fastpass so we had another wander and stopped for some photo's.
33672882_1698616073559393_7429747097944981504_n.jpg

33614884_1699331230154544_4268920917804974080_n.jpg

We walked through the Tangled area which I always love, I could sit there for hours.

33521035_1698616180226049_8385384180367753216_n.jpg

We checked out Haunted Mansion but it was at 40 minutes and Pirates was only 20 so we headed over. Reece thought it was okay and the animatronics were good, but it was never going to be a top attraction for him. I like it but I'm perfectly fine with only riding once on a trip.
33660435_1698616350226032_883840613806505984_n.jpg

What is the point in this photo?! :banghead::hilarious:

Next up.. Splash Mountain, Thunder Mountain and Disney Springs

PeakSeason

As we exited The Emporium the Move it Shake it parade was on. We went over to the Minnie Mouse float so I could video her for my niece, as it's all on video I only have a photo of Mr Incredible.
View attachment 286139

After watching for a little while I went to refill my water at a fountain and the taste made us both gag, we had bought bottled Nestle water from walmart and was using that to fill our bottles. My water bottle was just a normal plastic one so wasn't very good at keeping cold, Reece had a Camelbak one that stayed cold for hours so we drank that and headed to buy some Smart Water.
It was finally time for our 7DMT FP so we headed over and we were on within minutes.

View attachment 286140

The kid behind us was terrified, Reece LOVED this ride. He was singing Heigh Ho so loud and laughing non stop. We had fastpasses again for this ride but we never managed to get back on it!

We headed over to The Many Adventures Of Winnie the Pooh. Winnie is my favourite character ever and always has been since a little gitl. I rememebr on my very first trip we went into the Emporium and Pooh was sat on the shelf and my eye's nearly popped out my skull. My dad bought him for me and he came everywhere, he even had his own little passport. I was meant to bring him on this trip but i had no room whatsoever to put him anywhere :cry:

Here he is sat with me whilst I type my report;
View attachment 286145

The ride was as lovely as always and we had a nice chat with a couple in front from Tennessee (I think). They asked us about missing the Royal Wedding, it's a little raw of a subject with many British people and something I'd rather not discuss but naturally every time someone realised we where from the UK they wanted to know everything about The Royals. This was fine when asking about the wedding but when strangers are asking for your opinion on them it's a little too far. I learnt to just mention 'Trump' and they would back off :banghead:. Here on holiday not to discuss politics!

We had a little while till our next Fastpass so we had another wander and stopped for some photo's.
View attachment 286141
View attachment 286142

We walked through the Tangled area which I always love, I could sit there for hours.

View attachment 286143

We checked out Haunted Mansion but it was at 40 minutes and Pirates was only 20 so we headed over. Reece thought it was okay and the animatronics were good, but it was never going to be a top attraction for him. I like it but I'm perfectly fine with only riding once on a trip. View attachment 286144

What is the point in this photo?! :banghead::hilarious:

Next up.. Splash Mountain, Thunder Mountain and Disney Springs
Hahaha. I agree with you. I never understand the point of the ride photos that include a whole bunch of total strangers, even more so when we're buried in the back.
Enjoying your trip report. Thanks for sharing :)

LauraRose

Original Poster
Hahaha. I agree with you. I never understand the point of the ride photos that include a whole bunch of total strangers, even more so when we're buried in the back.
Enjoying your trip report. Thanks for sharing :)

It’s just the worst angle and can’t even see us! Thank you! Will update tomorrow currently just stuffing a steak for birthday meal!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom