Trip Report *COMPLETED*A 21st, a first timer, stuck on tower of terror and the never ending rain trip report!

Hi guys! Came back from my trip to Disneyworld Wednesday and decided I best start my report as soon as, considering I slacked on notes and I’m going mainly off memory :banghead:

You can find my failed pre trip report here: https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/a-21st-and-a-first-timer-pre-trip-report.938537/

This is my first time doing a report so go easy on me and my rubbish photograph skills!!

Who: Me and boyfriend Reece.
Why: My 21st and his first time. This is my 5th trip to Disney and was the best one yet!!
Where: Caribbean beach
8th May till 22nd!

*** EDIT It has been brought to my attention I forgot to add a photo of said boyfriend and replaced him with my dog. Here we are ***
4D08F747-847B-4FAC-A7C1-46A6E7B674BE.jpeg

7A593074-B5B2-4345-B9E8-E5C1FAE26EF5.jpeg

Me forcing my dog to take photos before I leave him for two weeks.

So my travelling started a day early on the 7th which was a bank holiday over here in England. We had a few hiccups the days leading up which caused a little bit of stress. First issue we ran into was I had a prescription in the chemist which was closed until Tuesday the day we fly, so I had no chance of picking it up as we leave Monday. I rang multiple chemists open near me to see if they could help until I finally got told to ring the NHS who sent an emergency prescription over to a chemist quite far away. The pharmacist wasn’t very helpful and continuously asking me why I needed to use that service. Because I have nothing better to do on my Friday night sir :rolleyes:.

Finally got my prescription and all is good until I pack the last bits of my suitcase and surprise it’s 5KG over! After weighing Reeces he didn’t have much extra space in suitcase but his hand luggage was empty. After chucking some things and filling his bag I was good to go.

So I pick my hand luggage up and the strap snaps off. At this point me and my dad are just staring at it with disbelief, I managed to find the screw that kept it together and we fixed it, so we thought.

Brings us to Monday morning the day we leave for the airport and it’s time to check in and choose seats. We had been monitoring the seats closely for a very long time and they was plenty left, until the last 15 minutes. EVERY single row was full with no seats together!! We were flying with Virgin Atlantic and noticed they was one row in the upstairs bubble had became free! Previously someone had booked one seat in the middle of three obviously in hope to have a row to themselves but for some reason all three seats were now available.

Not wanting to take chances we booked the two seats and paid for them. We ended up having nobody sat next to us either!

At this point I’m hoping, praying in fact nothing else goes wrong like flight delay or anything. Slowly 2pm rolled around and we departed for Manchester Airport, no traffic and everything was plain sailing. The terminal 2 long stay car park was full so we ended up booking terminal 3 and praying the awful reviews were wrong. We managed to get on the shuttle bus (managed being key word, he tried to go past us), he blazed around the corner at a ridiculous speed all the suitcases were falling and he wouldn’t stop to let people put them in the storage racks.

Finally we got to our stop and I pick up my bag and boom the handle snaps off again. It’s 27 degrees (about 80F) now I know this doesn’t sound that hot but I promise you 27 in England feels ten times hotter than 27 in Orlando. The heat was ridiculous and we had a 15 minute walk to our hotel pulling the suitcases and carrying a broken bag. We had plans to go walk the pub and watch planes but we ended up staying in the room with air conditioning full blast and ordered a dominos :banghead:

We stayed in the Crowne Plaza (no photos I was too annoyed with the world) it was fine, clean and done the job. We could see planes land from our room.

As the night goes on my throat becomes raw and my nose is sniffy, in a panic I overdosed on vitamins and prayed it was allergies.

It wasn’t.

Last edited:

DisSplash

I know! Everyone must be super disappointed!
I am never disappointed by the UK pavilion! One of these days I will get to the real UK, but until then, I am so, so happy to pretend while walking through the UK in the World Showcase! I just love it!! I only wish it was a bit bigger - more shops and a real tea room.

LauraRose

Original Poster
I am never disappointed by the UK pavilion! One of these days I will get to the real UK, but until then, I am so, so happy to pretend while walking through the UK in the World Showcase! I just love it!! I only wish it was a bit bigger - more shops and a real tea room.

Oh no disappointed when you come to the UK! They is hardly any areas that look anything like the pavilion! You’d have to have some good research where to stay :joyfull:

LauraRose

Original Poster
Isn’t it funny how it’s the little things from Disney you miss? I couldn’t drink out of my refill mug when I got home because it reminded me too much of Reece going to fill them every night when we got back the room and made me sad :facepalm:.

I made my drink for the first time in it yesterday and felt super happy!

LauraRose

Original Poster
I’m so close yet so far, I’m sure I’ll be back in Disney before I finish this report :banghead:.

We started the morning in animal kingdom and I wanted to meet Mickey and Minnie! My photos turned out absolutely horrendous but hey ho. We only waited about 5 minutes as we got there for park opening. I get so anxious meeting characters and I have no idea why!
C6C588EC-39EA-4F66-925C-C92A4808F2C6.jpeg
A57E29B0-52C0-4851-A7CE-5B9091202C5F.jpeg

The monkeys were out and playing so we watched them for a little while. I love watching these swing around.
2382D651-7E29-4CC3-B617-D3FF05DA9420.jpeg

We headed over to expedition Everest and it was a walk on!
9B6EA19E-3AA2-4475-B0CE-782F6CC7E856.jpeg

I’m pretty sure we rode this a few times but I can’t find the photos!

Next up was Dinosaur, I don’t think Reece will ever not be scared by the big dinosaur!
9BF0E195-6524-4D76-BD1B-ED28D907221F.jpeg

We headed over to Pandora for our final ride on Flight of Passage. This is 100% my favourite ride, I could stay on my Banshee all day.
A3B2D42B-79D2-40DF-BD11-DA4E223932BB.jpeg
D3A1BD63-3DCF-4B25-AAE6-4FDA50321D58.jpeg

These are so delicious!!

Our morning in AK was short and sweet, we headed back the room and I had a surprise waiting for me..

LauraRose

Original Poster
So Reece had told the resort it was my 21st on the 18th and I came back to the room to a hamper and balloons waiting for me. They were a day early but it was still super lovely to come in to!
24DAE5D9-2E3B-4F07-8176-0643C16F02A4.jpeg
ED3132C4-8B81-4C7F-A709-2262E9EC4D56.png

I rang my mum so happy that Minnie Mouse had sent me a birthday card :joyfull:. The hamper was full of snacks like breakfast bars and Cheetos. I think it also had two bottles of water in.

It was absolutely bombing it down with rain outside and Reece wanted to go to Walmart to get me a surprise so I decided to do the washing. It took a while for me to figure out the machines in the laundry room as not like the ones back at home but once I was in a routine all my clothes had been washed and dried before Reece made it back. It was so much easier going home with all clean clothes except for the last few days.

Reece returned but I wasn’t allowed to see what he got till the next morning.

We had fastpasses at HS for our final night there. I was actually so sad leaving Hollywood, it’s not a park I ever cared much for but I fell in love with it in the night. The whole atmosphere is different, something about seeing the sun set over tower of terror is truly beautiful.

I seriously don’t know what happened to my photos from this night. I know we rode TOT about 3 times, visited star tours and waited in line for RnR. I don’t have a single photo so I’m presuming I never saved them from the app!!!
F9DD6D1A-4465-4E83-86E2-A777AEB9BB6D.jpeg
C983BDCE-89C3-4886-8F55-8CD3BA1875BE.jpeg
57FD1F28-DD84-4E6C-A359-A50025416512.jpeg

I decided to go look for a souvenir from the TOT as I was really sad leaving this ride. I know I said FOP is my favourite but TOT is what makes me come off feeling giddy and high on Disney Magic. I just wanted something to keep with me.

419C9AFC-AACA-46B3-A392-A2081B9B9179.jpeg
9428DC31-27A8-4598-9E07-AEC46A9C8A33.jpeg

I have the key ring on my keys and the pin is on my lanyard. I also got a pressed penny but I don’t have a photo.

It was finally time to leave and I blinked back the tears knowing the end of the trip was fast approaching. Goodnight Hollywood Studios :inlove:.

As we got back the resort the Star Wars fireworks started and we could see them from our building. We sat in the pool area and watched them before going to our room. It was the perfect ending.

Tomorrow; ITS MY BIRTHDAY:happy:

Last edited:

LauraRose

Original Poster
I woke up full of Disney Magic and happy to be spending a special birthday in Magic Kingdom. I had my birthday the year before I Magic Kingdom but I wanted to spend a morning and evening there this time.

I got my surprise from Reece, he’d bought all my favourite sweets (candy) including pink kit kats which made me super happy. He also got me a cake from Walmart.

The guy who was working the bakery section asked if Reece wanted anything wrote on the cake so he wrote happy birthday. He asked if he could draw a Minnie Mouse for me but he said he isn’t very good and is new and didn’t want to ruin it. However he ran off and came back with a Minnie ring to stick in which was sweet.
7D59FA95-4CC3-4E06-B31B-002800D6CA73.jpeg

My mum gave my cards to Reece to give me which was lovely to read and she also hid a note she wrote to me wishing me a lovely day and that she was thinking of me, it was really lovely.
70E975B1-09B9-47A0-B356-C23288D83D63.jpeg

She even done my trademark and kissed the back with lipstick on:joyfull:.

It was time to head over to Magic kingdom and I was determined to see the welcome show!
8EE3E744-3590-4370-AEF1-3EAE2F6881F0.jpeg

We made It!!!
I wish it was still the old welcome show, I loved seeing the train with all the characters but I still enjoyed the new one.
DFE40405-2AFB-496B-A028-332E4FBACD0F.jpeg
38BE883F-AD41-4A70-BD34-2310C919FD98.jpeg

DDFD33B2-9194-4B1E-BF67-E31EC1CD63CB.jpeg

I’m pretty sure we rode it’s a small world first (we enjoy it even though I know most people don’t). I really just enjoyed having a leisurely stroll around magic kingdom. We weren’t staying long as we would be back at 3 for the parade, we only really came for the welcome show.
A9E511D7-1B78-47F2-AEB0-F1557DC161CC.jpeg
5EBA38E7-07E2-4B1F-A4F5-744ADEC233B4.jpeg
9A8187E9-9150-404D-8E06-29879F6E2060.jpeg

We rode thunder and splash!
119F4402-F58E-41B5-AE41-CE09FD9F0134.png

Can anyone spot the mistake made in this photo???

Reece didn’t take his cap off :banghead:. It came flying off and the guy behind his tried to grab it but wasn’t successful, it was hilarious though we laughed for so long and spent some time looking over splash in hope of seeing it swim along. We didn’t!

LauraRose

Original Poster
F79C6E33-28FB-48DA-ACB4-B7DA0BB84E8F.jpeg

We were both starving and although we wanted a dole whip we needed a solid food. We headed over to caseys corner.
D7BCE0BB-48D7-4172-859C-76A2F3B746AC.jpeg

The show they do outside the friendship parade? Or something similar was beginning and I decided to facetime my mum to show her the castle. It worked out perfectly as my nieces and nephews were around so they got to watch the show. Some little boy thought I was his mum and kept hugging my leg :joyfull:. He got the shock of his life when he turned around and seen me.

After I finished my Facetime it was getting super hot as it was mid day and I was feeling the heat from standing in the sun for so long. We headed back to the resort, I originally wanted to spend some time at the pool but we got back later than anticipated so would be no point getting changed again to go for a swim so we just sat by the pool and had a relax.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom