Trip Report **Complete** It's a meet-up-palooza!

We are back and I gotta get this trip report show on the road before my memory fails! Hopefully my notes and pictures will carry me!

When: Sept 14th - 16th and Sept 16th - 24th, 2019
Where: All-Stars Movies & POP Century Resort
Who: me (Susan) and my husband Scott

If you want to start from the very beginning, a very good place to start, you can access my pre-trip at: https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/we-werent-going-until-2020-yeah-right.953038/

Rista1313

Original Poster
For our last dinner ADR, I had been looking forward for this experience for quite some time. Can you tell from my ears where we are going?

Another bus and boat ride, and this time we were off to Wilderness Lodge for Storybook dining.

When we checked in, it seems liked they were running behind, so we wandered around the lodge and took some photos.
I loved the wooden rockers and the big fireplaces.

Finally we got our text and we were seated way in the back of the room. We were at a window, but it was dark out, so I'm not sure what sort of view we had.

Rista1313

Original Poster
Sorry... work interruption!

I've heard people complain that these lazy susan trees are awkward, but I didn't seem to have an issue.

I love the leather bound menu's

Scott ordered and Evil to the core, and tonight I decided I didn't want any alcohol because the night before it seem is bother my sleep, so tonight I went with Transformation Potion. (Lemonade)

We started with the same appetizers that have been on the menu for a few months now...

The mushroom soup was very good!

The hunters plate was.. meh... I wasn't crazy about the meat they chose... it needed to be chilled, and it was sitting in a warm kitchen I think.

picture limit!

Rista1313

Original Poster
This shrimp thing is just awkward...it's not shrimp cocktail, it's not a salad.... what the heck is it. Not great, that's what!

I do love the presentation of everything though...it's fun.

Right after we got there, the characters seem to go on break, and when they played a song and came out again, we still didn't see them before they went on break AGAIN!

Where are they?

Scott ordered a walk thru nature for dinner, and I ordered the prime rib, but I asked for root vegetable mash that they pair with another plate instead of horseradish mash, as I don't care for horseradish.

Apparently I did not take a picture of our meals... I thought I did.... but I don't see them.... so I was probably so hungry we dove in.

But there was an issue. Scott's gnocci was FULL of tomatoes! They don't even list tomatoes as one of the ingredients on the menu! He hates them, so we had to send it back, but they made him a new one right away, sans tomatoes.

My prime rib was ok... the potatoes .. they were HORRIBLE... I think they gave me the regular ones, and not the root mash, and they were so full of Salt I couldn't even eat them. It's REALLY hard to oversalt potatoes. It was disappointing.

Our pregnant waitress who seems to have preggo brain, forgot about us, and we sat for quite awhile after the entrees. And we still hadn't been greeted by any of the characters!! When she finally did remember us and explained dessert, we mentioned we hadn't seen any of the characters, and she said, "yeah, I'm not sure what happened, but they seem to be coming out during dessert tonight"

So while we were waiting on dessert, the characters did finally come out.

Snow white said my ears needed a ruby like hers and she would ask the dwarves to get me one.

IMG_3159.JPG

Grumpy came next... he motioned that he liked Scott's beard... and I noted the similarities of the two of them.. and that they had the same nose!

After grumpy the desserts made it to the table.

The only one I really loved was the poison apple... the gooseberry was a little tart, and the cake had hard chocolate rocks in it, and I didn't care of the texture.

Dopey came to visit...he was quick and concise.

And the hunters box came to the table.

blurry pic...

After we were suppose to go up and see the evil queen, which I know everyone raves about but at this point we were just done!

We had just a few hours left of vacation in the morning and then it was time for the TE.

Laura Loves Tigger

I am sorry you didn't enjoy your meal. It was one of our favorites Sarah LOVES Snow White, so that is a big part of it. I agree with you on the appetizers. The soup was delicious, the other two were ok. Sarah had the chicken which she really enjoyed. I had the prime rib. I liked the horseradish potatoes, didn't think it was very heavy on horseradish. In fact Sarah ate most of them as she didn't like what came with her chicken, and she doesn't eat horseradish. We were at this meal the second day it was open in December. The appetizers were different, and really delicious! They also had a few different entrees. I had a braised veal shank that was out of this world good. It was our best meal of that trip!

Rista1313

Original Poster
Scott decided he really wanted to try Boma for breakfast since we had extra money from the house keeping incidents... so before bed, I made a reservation.

The next morning we had 2 fast passes and we decided to skip one and have breakfast instead.

Since airline check-in always seem to have huge lines... I got up super early 630am I think? and got our packed suitcases check in for the flight later...missed the line... whew! Then I went back to the room and got Scott going... got our carry-ons all packed up... and we went to our usual bench so DH could smoke a pipe. Then we went to bell services and checked our carry-on's with them. Luckily the line was still pretty short at airline check-in and Scott was able to get his boarding pass too.

Then we were on our way to AK!

So we were there for 1 thing!

A 2nd ride on FOP

We had a few minutes to wait before we would tap in... and this is the face of Scott being uphappy that I had rushed him!

But finally it was time to go!

The ride was amazing as usual, but it didn't want to let Scott go at the end... we had to get a CM to manually release him... he was hoping for another ride!

With that we made our way out of the park, and to the AK Lodge bus to get breakfast.
We were seated right away, and the food was good, but I preferred dinner.

We took one last Lyft ride back to POP, as it was almost time for our TE!... But I had to make a pit stop first.

The POP restrooms had several vases of these lovely flowers in the bathroom. Way to go POP!

We retrieved our bags from Bell services.. and before we knew it, it was time to get on the bus.

Once we got to the airport, we had a few things to do. We had learned 2 things last time, Disney check-in doesn't print the correct wheelchair info on their boarding passes and Southwest won't honor, and 2. It's almost impossible to get wheelchair assistance down to where ME drops off.

So... I found a wheelchair, pushed Scott to the Southwest counter, used the kiosk to get him a new boarding pass, and then asked one of the WN skycaps if they could take over pushing him because that was plenty for me!

TSA precheck was a breeze.. so happy to have that in MCO. And everything was on time.

We had a 4 hours lay over at Midway airport... and that was boring, but we got some pizza and passed the time with puzzles and people watching.. plus the internet.

We made it home a few minutes early.

And with that --

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom